Why is Yurop such a fucking nightmare for car enthusiasts?

Why is Yurop such a fucking nightmare for car enthusiasts?

Even fucking CIVICS are hard to come by second hand because everybody is driving fucking shitty French shitboxes.

>civic
>not a shitbox
I know but I'll take a civic over a Citroen any day of the week.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoevolution.com/news/honda-accord-could-return-to-european-market-if-sales-estimates-become-favorable-113821.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because ur're gay

>french
>not german

Post kijiji/whatever and let us have a look around. Budget?

>go to ads
>Honda Civic
>Germany
>4,055 results
>going to be similar in other countries
What's your fucking problem, you shithead?

Try France or Spain
Literally nothing but French cars there

>French shitbox
>Bad

You should try driving some '90s Peugeot hatchbacks. They're great fun.

Source: my shitbox 1.4l 205

in my country the only people who drive civics/corollas are brown people

This.

Pretty good meme car.

That's because you were memed by americans. The yuro counterpart of the civic is the golf

>europe is one country meme

Kys you falseflagging mouthbreathing yankee retard

Much is being said of french cars' reliability or lack thereof but from my experience as long as you perform regular maintainance and treat the car right, it will never let you down (although that should be true for most cars)

Source: Drove a renault 19 for years without a single issue until I totalled it like an idiot. It had about 310.000km
Also the rest of my family owned french cars as well.

American friend living in Indiana here.

I would love to be able to buy Renaults.

At least you have access to Honda's if you really wanted one a la buying new. But I can't even get a Renault if I want one.

The Clio looks like a great alternative to the Golf but no. I'm in pickup truck and chevy shitbox land..

We also have way more and cheaper jap cars. I can get an s2000 for 6k while you pay like 20k

There's shitloads of civics and other japshit here in the UK. We have correct side drive here so they throw them at us.

>civics are hard to find
no they aren't, you can easily find decent Civics on Autotrader for not that much, even Type Rs

>Spain
Can confirm that this place is a shithole when it comes to cars, everyone and their mother driving either pigfat SUVs or extremely old, beaten up trash on wheels that doesn't even deserve to be called "shitbox".

I'll be getting a 208 GTi by PS myself, it's not a 3FAST5YOU machine by any means but it certainly is a really fun car, and very rare around here. Apparently the more boring a car is the better it sells in this shithole.

>inb4 french trash

Also, I forgot to mention that over here you need to do a shitload of paperwork in order to make even the slightest modification to your car.

>France
>Literally nothing but French cars there

also two countries out of like 30

Envy is Spain's national sport. You can't have nice things out of fear of other people fucking or stealing them.

Poorfag areas are such shit for that reason alone. Fucking jealous poorfags will scratch your shit out of jealousy.

>factory riced
>210hp
>manual
>1140kg

And you want a fucking pigfat Civic?

Bought a 2009 Civic Type-S last saturday, I live in France and there's plenty of old Civic to go around, they aren't always in top condition though.
But you're not wrong there are mostly french cars in France, a lot of germans but very little jap. I have no idea why.

I tell you why.
French cars are cheaper and we're poorfags. I been looking at used cars as well, french shitboxes galore as well as BMWs and Mercedes out the fucking ass.

I actually tried today looking at close to new shitboxes, they're literally 4000 euros less than new with ungodly mileage already on it for 4000 euros less than new, in short you'd have to finance a used shitbox and have 100000km already on it.

The european used car market is shit because you don't have one car market, you have 27 and you're not allowed to buy a used car in germany and bring it to spain without paying a border tax for the border that supposedly isn't there, same thing applies for new cars, the same car can have a difference in price in the range of 8000 euros between member states because fuck you.

As an example of European pricing, brand new Peugeot 208 GTI with no extras.

Spain 21306 euros
Portugal 24600 euros
France 26350 euros
Netherlands 29900 euros

>why don't they just buy it in spain and drive it to the netherlands

same reason people from Ohio register their car in Kentucky

You do not like Sven, Erik, Anton, Gustav, and Rasmus?

Borders only apply to actual natives.

the fuck are you talking about? they get every car burgerland has, camaros, mustangs, challengers, corvettes, we don't have anything they don't get besides shitty accords camrys sonatas shit that doesn't even matter

every burguer car at twice the price makes burger cars unobtainable

Can't french people just buy a civic from germany and drive it into france?

Thats where you're wrong bud

>Import tax
>reinspection
>have to insure it in country of origin to drive it (to inspection in home country), need to have an adress in said country to get insurance
>only possibility is putting it on a trailer, thus renting a car and trailer, and paying for a shitton of gas
Even with that price difference it's cheaper to buy it in your own county

>I know but I'll take a civic over a Citroen any day of the week.
You're a dumbass, get a citroen or a vw to get cheaper spares, gook cars barely sell in europe

>accords camrys sonatas
we actually cant get those, those are american only cars you mentioned.
No you cant. If you live in Southpoint, OH you can go to Ashland KY and register your car there and the price difference a year may be $100. When you buy a car from Germany, to do your first registration in France you will pay a border tax, or as they call it a CO2 tax, which for your standard Twingo is around the range of 150g/KG, and it will add a good 1600 euros to the registration alone. You also need it inspected and make sure it is up to snuff. Maybe a froganon can correct me on the correct numbers.

Other states have much higher "co2 taxes" in effect banning the low end of the used european car market by adding at a minimum 1000 euros to the cost of import, some places like Portugal want between 3500 euros and 7000 euros depending on the age of the car and CO2 emissions.

This car is a piece of crap, I got stranded doing 50km/h on vacation 500km from home in one of these.
The cause? A non-critical sensor shat itself and the car went into limp mode because they are designed for people who are too dumb to realize something is wrong with their car

This.
In Spain it's all French shitboxes or the occasional Bimmerfags or Smart cars.

Japanese shitboxes are very rare.
Only Japanese cars i saw was two Miata's next to each other driven by total Dudebros.

>fucking CIVICS are hard to come by second hand

They aren't. We actually got the true Civic that Amerifats didn't.

You have to pay import tax for a car that's also from the same continent?

Wow, that's retarded.

>we actually cant get those, those are american only cars you mentioned.

No, they aren't.

Yes we can I live right across the border and buy cars in lelgium and sell for a small profit in france
No, is full of shit, you need to get a conformity certificate or whatever it is called and there is no import tax, you can also insure a car registered in another country in your home country. Inspection is also literally a non issue since you shouldn't be buying crap that won't pass the lax inspections anyway
Literally none of the problems he made up exist.

no camry

no accord

why is the shittiest car in the pic the most expensive

they sell accords in france
they sell sonatas in france

fuck off alberto

Spain is terrible for cars.

Only SHIT both new and second hand.

Any remotely "classic" car is ridiculously expensive.

An old Toyota MR2 is 15000€, so is an older Impreza

An old Renault R4 is around 4000

Old muscle cars (pretty much nonexistent) are around 70000€

where would that be?

wheres that accord alfonse

Fun question.
What is the "hesven" of the car market, both for new and used car deals.

Hard mode: No U.S/U.K/Australia or any countries who have English as their main language,

it's called the avensis in europe

it aint the same car

Look up toyota Australia.

I didnt know toyota made such a long bus

>44,000 EUROBUX FOR A GT86

HOLY KEK

Accord was discontinued just this year in Poortugal.
People weren't buying Honda estates.

I actually looked more into it. In the US the base model camry comes with a 2.5L 4 cylinder engine with 178 hp. And for a bit more dosh at 31k USD you can get it with a 3.5 V6 with 258hp.

In Germany, the base model Avensis, runs you 25k euro, with a 1.6L engine and a 132hp but if you want to be real efficient you can buy the 1.6l with 112hp which will give you better emm pee gees and cost you an extra five fucking grand for the privilege of choosing a less powerful engine. But if you choose to go all out in Germany the best they can give you is a 2.0L with 143hp and very nice emm pee gees with it, oh and it will run you 38k euros.

And just for shits and giggles because why not. I looked at the Yaris.

US - Base model 16k USD 1.5L with 108hp - you can pick standard or automatic (actually shocked at that)
US - Supped up model - there is no supped up model, only extra features and doors, adds up to about 19k

Germany again because why not (they're more expensive, true, but frenchie thinks only in terms of central europe, else its not europe)
Basic model - 13k euro - there is only one motor choice, a 1.0L 70hp 3 cylinder model.
The supped up model - I was wrong about the engine, apparently for 20k euro you have your choice of a hybrid 100hp or a 1.5L 111hp for a grand less, making it 19k euro

So yeah, avensis aint a fucking camry

apparently frenchie frog has a point. been simulating a "grey card" on France's IRS like website, and the total cost of import is 3 euros, for a fairly newer (2011) car with 150g/kg co2 or a 1998 with the same CO2.

Here's what that simulator looks like down here frenchie (pic related) and that's for a 2011 simulation, if I chose brand new it would be close to 4000 euros. Just for the import, it still needs inspection and all the rest.

P O O R T U G A L

>gook cars barely sell in europe

Toyotas are the biggest sellers around here as company cars. They also cost quite a lot second hand.

>gook cars barely sell in europe

Everyone in the UK is driving these cancer fucking gook crossovers, along with the hyundai i30 which is actually quite a good car

My neighbour has a brand new accord, what kind of sorcery is that

I said europe, not niggerland
In france, company cars are either peugeot 208 or renault clio right now

>autoevolution.com/news/honda-accord-could-return-to-european-market-if-sales-estimates-become-favorable-113821.html

must not be brand new

Yeah I just asked him, it's a 2015, I guess they stopped selling them last year?

>Why is Yurop such a fucking nightmare for car enthusiasts?
Because Yurop has no car culture

Land Cruisers are good though.

Dude hyundais are everywhere.

t. Central yurop

Get a 106 rally

eg and ek civics are fucking dirt cheap, and you can import whatever type R you want

stop being fucking stupid OP

Dude dont even... at least you guys gave manuals. Every car in us is pos slushbox.

Holy shit those T5-Rs!!!!

in Germany and the UK camaros and mustangs arent that expensive with the v8.