I have a S63 with a flood damaged engine (don't ask)

I have a S63 with a flood damaged engine (don't ask).

What do? Everything else on the car is fine and I'm not spending 90k to fix the engine.

>car's fucked
>won't shell out to fix it
well then you've gotta sell it, dumbass

Replace the engine or offload it onto someone who'll pay for it. Choose one (1).

Don't you have insurance nigga?

My dad used the insurance to buy a 2017 S63 and gave me his old one. Trying to find a way to get it working but don't know shit about engine repairs.

swap in an M50 turbo or LS bro.

What actually broke? Did it hydrolock and snap a rod? Are the computers fucked? I'm sure someone had it assessed, so what exactly are the issues?

That's not how insurance works. If he took the payout then they get the car. No one is going to take the payout and then buy back the car for whatever it's worth.

>90k to fix the engine

next time do your homework. that car costs 10k 2nd hand BUT the maintenance is that of a 50k car

Idk what youre talking about. He used 85k then paid for the rest himself. He doesnt have to give them the old car, they just dont fix it

Not tryna swap

need to find out, it comes back tomorrow and I havent even seen damage yet. pretty sure electronics still work. I know water damage is hard to repair but I saw a pic of the flooded street and it wasnt *that* bad. I wonder if a body shop or some third party can fix it cheap?

>next time do your homework. that car costs 10k 2nd hand BUT the maintenance is that of a 50k car
Not sure what you just typed but you clearly have no idea what youre talking about so just not going to even try and respond

Yeah you'll have to see what the report is. Electronics on those cars are very complex, I imagine everything else is fixable but it could add up to more than the car is worth (which is what the insurance company determined).

Fuck, alright, thanks

>Not tryna swap
Could you maybe stop typing like a stupid nigger? The word you're looking for is trying you uneducated cuck monkey.

>Hey everyone, look at me!! I'm really smart guys!!!! Look at my grammar I swear I'm smart!!!!!
has anyone ever told you that youre a faggot?

>That's not how insurance works. If he took the payout then they get the car
"no"
stop being a retard

I'd suggest once the diagnostics come back, check around for some prices. If it costs too much you probably either should just write it off or see if you can buy a new engine. Somewhere around $3-$5k for those engines

That is how it works. If the car is totaled and you opt for the payout they take the car. You have the option to buy it back with a salvage title.

>le america is everywhere

Thats weird. My car already has a salvage title and they gave me the check (repair cost) and let me keep the car.
VA btw.

Everything about those cars is complex, ha. He'll be doing good if he can get the engine to start and have it shitft gears. All that electrical stuff in the cabin? He better find a wiring diagram and get good at electrical diagnostics.

Not worth it.

You'll never completely get the water smell out. Things like taillights get moisture insude and condenses with dirt to form a film on the inside of the lens.

If anything the engine itself will need a rebuild and is good to go with new everything. To salvage the chassis it would need to be stripped, dipped in acid, and put back together with basically all new parts.

OR.. gut it anyways, part out what works, use the cash to build a track/GT car.

Part it out until you can qualify for the 24hrsoflemons limit anyway :)

Just sell it on Craigslist and wait for some dindu or Abdul to buy and just say idk anything about engine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well dunno what you're asking us for buddy. Your local highly recommended shop with an expert in S63 repairs for cheap? Yeah, we all know that guy.

Or swap.

Or enjoy your broken car. /thread

WAIT

So did the car just sit in a flooded area?
Or was the car started? Or cranked over,?

Post pics of it in the flooded street.

If it quit in a flooded road while it was driving, the engine is dead. No way around it no matter how little water.

This is also what I thought happens. Happened to me once, was declared totaled, they gave me a check and took the car

Insurance companies sell the wrecked car to salvage yards or at salvage auctions to recoup some of the payout

What crazy insurance company DOESN'T do this?

6.0 LS Swap

>S63
I just googled an engine, its about 12k

Fucking stupid idea you would ruin the very reason its a fucking s class.

What year? also this

Being a Merc you're probably looking at a 40k bill.

I have trouble believing the engine is only 12K...My uncles 08 Toureag V10 TDI was a 35000 dollar engine, and that is a markedly lower tier engine than one in an S63

OP depends what you can spend man. Find a wrecked one.

the V10 diesel would cost much more than the 6.2 V8 though, it has a lot more going on and is very rare.

The LVM in Germany. I totaled my twingo, they send me a cheque over 800€ and told me to keep the (still working) wreck.