I started driving when I was 18 and stopped at 24 (I'm 25 now)...

I started driving when I was 18 and stopped at 24 (I'm 25 now). Every year since I've started driving my anxiety and fear has increased every time I'm behind the wheel. I've never had a ticket or been at fault for an accident but have had so many close calls with people doing dumb things, I've seen two collisions happen right next to me. A year ago some guy hit me and my car was totaled, I just took the check from his insurance and didn't buy another car.

How do I get over my fear of driving? How do I feel confident and safe driving when there are so many unknowns on the road?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rym5unx0ZCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Start lifting.

This

I used to be like that when I first started learning. Just take it slow, starting off with quiet residential streets. Just take it like you did in Driver's Ed I guess.

I've never had drivers ed

It's not from lack of experience. I used to do hour commutes every day, I've done 16 hour drives on the highway on roadtrips.

Yeah but you gotta rebuild that confidence.

Buy a car *you* like and enjoy. Looking forward to driving your own fun little shitbox every morning could help, as long as you absolutely love the thing.

Like a mr2, miata, fiesta st (poor visibility so maybe not this one) are all super engaging to drive.

this is the worst advice i have ever heard

>enjoying driving is bad, buy a boring uncomfy econobox
t. busrider

I actually like this version of the picture.

The dude feels nervous for his safety man. Recommending he buy a 20 year old death trap isn't going to help him.

Therapy. It does some good.

Believe it or not this helped me out a ton.

Builds confidence, helps get over the anxiety when you are having fun

Nothing fun about someone not confident in their abilities trying to drive an mr2. That will only end badly.

diving into the deep end is always fun, any mr2 is easy enough to understand how to drive and not die. That being said, I've never owned one but after borrowing one for a week, I've been trying to find a clean sw20 for sale.

Do not start lifting, the body dismorphia is almost as bad as anxiety. Constantly worrying about your physique.

If you're that scared of life, don't drive, don't leave the house, don't do anything.

Or alcohol. Or weed.

>just love your body for what it is. Body positivity!
t.fatfuck

You just have to realise that you can die from an infinite number of possibilities every day, being a pussy and trying to avoid every bad thing that can happen to the point where you miss out on life is pointless, everyone dies eventually anyway.

I've had a crazy trucker follow me and attempt to pull me out of my car and kick my ass. Ever since then I'm kinda uncomfortable of pissing someone off on the road. Everytime someone is tailgating me I get anxious. I don't know what to do, it's been a few months but it doesn't get any better.

There isn't much someone can do to you inside you car. The odds of someone actually drawing a gun and using it in road rage is extremely unlikely. I wouldn't even bother to stop, if they hit your car, you slow down and dial 911. If they stop you and get out of their car, if they have a weapon, run them over, if they don't, just drive around them.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rym5unx0ZCo

If you live in a free state / country, buy a cheap gun to throw in your car or get a conceal carry license.

Drugged up crazies are everywhere, but you will never have to actually use your handgat. It's mostly a nice peace of mind. Plus, most states include inside your car as your property, so castle law applies ;)

>inb4 guns r bad!!! stop compensating!!!
filthy commies :^)