Can't find a /dbt/. Is $2500 too much for a Suzuki TU250x with ~5k miles?

Can't find a /dbt/. Is $2500 too much for a Suzuki TU250x with ~5k miles?

yeah that bike is dangerously slow

I want the TU250 because I genuinely dont want to go very fast

hardly. i'm 230 pounds with all my usual gear on and tank bag. My Suzuki ST250 E type, which is the JDM verison, carried me to 120 km/h just fine. It accelerated to usual Japan surface street speeds of 30-50 km/h just fine. Only getting out of breath after 100 km/h.

too much. jew him down to 1700-2000

It's a stealership thats selling the bike and its a 2013. Think I could jew him to 2k out the door, cash in hand?

>out of breath at 100kph
>not dangerous

people don't drive kei cars here, my man

Here's the Daily, user.

it is literally perfect for just scootin around town or making comfy short rides someplace.
it's not necessary to speed everywhere

This. Some people had them for my MSF course and they weren't fast at all.

It's good if recent year.

Definitely not

There are slower bikes

Way too much. Also, that thing can't even go on the highway. Get something not slow as fuck.

Better off getting one that's already been turned into a cafe racer.

It will be cheaper.

Let that one be bought by a dork who likes the way it looks.

What if I dont want a "cafe racer"

Buy what you want. I think 2.5k is an ok price for a first bike with 5k miles. I would look for a better deal, but it being a dealer bike might be worth it for you.
My first ride was a 150cc scooter, and it is plenty fast up to 60mph. While my scooter had 13hp and 7 lbft of torque. The 250x has 20 hp and 15 lbft.
I would run it as a commuter, and learn how to ride with it. I still have plenty of fun on my scooter. Any 2 wheeled ride is funner than most generic cars.

I mean I know I realistically wouldn't be able to hit the interstate on that bike but at the same time I'm wondering if I should just aim lower and get a 2003 Rebel with 12k mi for ~1k

I could get myself an old ZZR1400 for that price. Far better.

>I-I don't want to go very fast :(((

The bike only fucking goes fast if you tell it to gaddamn if you don't want to shoot off into the distance its very simple, you play with the clutch and apply rear brake. Slow speed control on the bike is super important skill you must learn .

Im not saying get a 1400cc super bike, but 250cc 20bhp is fucking pathetic and you need more if you actually want something practical to commute on.

A giant wall of text for something that could be summed up in one sentence. The fucking 2003 Rebel makes 4hp less

I would sit on both if you are not sure. I don't like the cruiser style seating, and peg placement. While the tu250x has more of a standard layout.
Although the rebel deal is really good. You should be able to find tu 250's for less.

>Although the rebel deal is really good. You should be able to find tu 250's for less.
90% of the market in my area is made up of cruisers, sportbikes, and dirtbikes

>120 kmph
>75 mph
hahahahaha

You don't need more. 13hp was enough for me to reach 60mph for plenty of time. The gas mileage, and the ease of riding is nice too.
I also prefer to ring out my slower bikes. I rode a bike with 100hp and about 80lbft recently. It was cool to ring out the first gear... but by then I am already around 50mph.
For freeway, or extended time above 60mph I would get something in the 400cc or larger range. Probably go with 40+hp and a 6th gear.

Same here in my area. I bet you could find ninja 250's all day long for 2k. However it might not be your style.

>13hp was enough for me to reach 60mph for plenty of time.

takes at least 15 seconds to get there, and if you need to accelerate out of a situation you are fucked.

"Slow bike fast" was the worst meme to ever happen to motorcycling.

0-45 was pretty fast, of course I had cvt hell, but it was ok.Than after that it started to slow down. I would split lanes and be the first through the intersection to leave most cars behind. One of the only good things about this state.

Its literally the best thing. There are plenty of 600cc sportbikes and 150+hp bikes that are out there. I am looking at my next bike having 60-80hp and weighing about 430lbs.
I prefer bikes that I can use fully on the road without breaking the law badly.
If I had more money and could stomach huge tickets maybe not.

Yeah because you can really use all that power of a litre bike on the street without getting in trouble.

The problem is the bike in the OP is slower than 90% of cars on the road.

>also, I ride wearing flipflops, board shorts and a wife beater on my thrashed/totaled Gixxer "streetfighter."

it's literally just to let people with shitbikes feel better about themselves

OP here, I guess you guys bullied me into getting a ninja 250

The problem I have with the small bikes is that everything on them is just cheap. They have shitty components, ride worse, break sooner, and rust easily.

Oh and driving a Kawasaki Ninja super saiyan 2000 makes you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

I don't need some memey reassurance for my bike.

Fucking Harleys are twice as fast as that jap scrap.

I think it's fucking dumb and I ride a bored out Grom. I can reach 80mph on mine but it's still too slow. I mean, the bike is crazy fun and I love putting around town being a hooligan with my friends on their Groms, but I understand the difference between topping out at 80 in ideal environments and cruising at 80. I'm looking at getting a big boy bike because the Grom (and other small displacement bikes) just can't get the fuck out of dodge.

Okay, so you're maxing out at 80 and have to brake/swerve because some dumbass dropped his Starbucks in his lap and slammed the brakes. You successfully swerve into a different lane but are now fucked because you're going 40 on a highway with flow traffic of 75-80 and every precious second it takes crawling back up to speed is a second you risk getting blasted by someone with shitty depth perception and reaction times.

You're at the mercy of other drivers too much with slow bikes. It's pretty terrifying.

I want a 400cc grom

it's a basic bitch 250cc bike.

Your gripes are legitimate. I had to put new springs and thicker oil in the front fork to get it not to ride like a death trap. While the plastic panels suck as well.
The problem is that entry level bikes have this problem no matter the manufacture. While no one is willing to buy an expensive low displacement bike.
I like the cheap bike because if someone finds out they don't want to ride the investment is less.

I think what you are pointing out is logical, but can be boiled down to what the bike is made for. I would never take a grom on the freeway, or anything under 250cc. While I can take my 500cc bike on the freeway I don't like it ticking at 6000rpm(redline at 7000) and doing 80mph for an hour or two.
However for town its fine, and with a slow bike you have to accept you can't gtfo fast out of a spot.
I never found my 150cc scooter terrifying, but I don't live in a metropolis with crazy population density.

>500cc
>7000rpm redline

Do you own a Royal Enfield?