Will Americans buy this Mercedes pick-up and what will it do to the premium image of Mercedes?

Will Americans buy this Mercedes pick-up and what will it do to the premium image of Mercedes?

>americans will pay 60k for a rebadged navara

americans are FAT and DUMB

Really, it's just the Nissan Frontier underneath? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

it'll be for rich white girls who want a mercedes and a truck because of that insurance will probably be through the roof because stacy accidentally ran over 40 children because she was taking pictures of her pussy while driving her poser mobile, that will be it's only market, it will sell terribly here

1. mid size Pickups are not popular here, its not becuase people think its not manly enough it just doesnt make sense for our market. its like europeans dont buy escalades and suburbans and americans dont buy diesel wagons and hatchbacks

2.why spend 60k on a mid size benz truck when you can get an F series platinum?

No, considering if its the price of a E class I can buy a F250 king ranch for that price.

not really, probably some right status fags but work/off road folks with stick with murican
prolly not much

I think the interior is completely new and the engines are different, but the underpinnings are taken from Nissan.

>why spend 60k on a mid size benz truck when you can get an F series platinum?
Because oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
Also some people hate having 138 cup holders in their car.

only platform. 90% are from Mercedes Benz - engine, 100% interior, 50% exterior, advanced technologies, etc.

I doubt it can tow like a proper truck. Contrary to Veeky Forums's beliefs most people with trucks have big travel trailers that they tow.

>dat projection

you are probably correct.

>it will sell terribly here

>implying
>what is Tacoma
>what is Titan
>what is ridge
>what is F-150 Limited
etc..

The fuck is with people idolizing bulls?

They literally have pencil dicks

no, considering it's not coming to the us

Its not coming to america

Well there is a market for this truck, it's probably gonna be some redneck who owns a farm or some shit like that, novody will ever buy this car to use it as a real pickup,although mercedes is known for having some pretty good off-road abilities, where i think it will sell is in the gulf states,people here love anything mercedes and also in love with pickups and anything that has good ofroading capablilties

bulls are big and strong and most people don't think about dicks 24/7

This will sell like crazy in australia.

Every inner city dad wants a truck so they can look tough but they also want something comfy and luxurious.

the VW amarok has already been selling incredibly well.

What exactly is the fucking market of this truck? people that want to buy a benz are wanting to buy it as a status symbol unless their buying amg.

this is literally an ugly hunk of shit, anyone that wanted an actual loaded truck would go for a platinum f350 or something of that levle.

So are horses

>be a rich cunt
>drive a benz truck cuz why not
>someone drives ford platinum
>you paid 60K ford platinum while I paid the same amount for a benz truck
>mfw

What exactly is the fucking market of this truck?

Yuppies. This truck will spend it's life parked outside Starbucks, the yoga studio or the lulu lemon store.

Towing capacity.

Ford Platnium - 30k lbs
Benz - 5000lbs on a good day.

>Benz - 5000lbs on a good day.

probably.. Thanks to Nissan's inferior platform. Benz wants to experiment first before creating their own superior platform that surpasses Ford and GM easily.

if you have enough money to waste on that pile of shit why not buy a raptor instead?

>a small truck is inferior because it's smaller

the absolute audacity of this nigger

I didn't say the small truck is inferior. I say it is Nissan's platform, which is restricted.

Stop twisting my words around!

>restricted
how? the navara is not a full size

>"Why buy a Mercedes when you can buy a Ford?"

Its for the european market (its not coming to america) and will have a towing capacity of 7700 lbs (3500kg) which is double that of a tacoma without towing package and 1000lbs more than a tacoma with towing package.

that's what happens when you build a factory in alabama, mercedes realizes just how dumb americans can really get

There are plenty of cars named after both bulls and horses.

then its going to flop hard, europeans buy suvs to tow like a mitsubishi pajero if they need to tow more than what their old bmw can handle

too bad americans are so poor that we can't get trucks like the mitsubishi pajero

Is that a fucking Nissan navara with mercedes badges?
If yes then no, they don't buy Navaras.

pickups sell like hot cakes right now (at least in germany)

>What exactly is the fucking market of this truck?
>Yuppies. This truck will spend it's life parked outside Starbucks, the yoga studio or the lulu lemon store.

So it'll be living the exact same mallcrawler life that 90% of large american trucks live.

Luxury trucks are already a huge market, it would be silly for mercedes not to come in and provide a top shelf product in the category.

damn things have changed, used to be sprinter cabs with a flat bed back when i lived there as far as anything being a pickup besides the rare farmer with a imported chevy silverado hd

but what isn't changing... americans are getting poorer while the rest of the world is getting richer, sad.

would think germans would drive things like the Toyota landcruiser, Isuzu d-max, volkswagon amarok, ford ranger, mitsubishi triton etc not shitty american "trucks"

fuck i hate that Americans call them trucks... pic is a truck...

i used to see monteros and prados, not really much besides that and x5s, no one really drove m-classes

prodos i can see being big, they are mums cars here, mainly used for running children to and from school

youre australian i see, you dont have to deal with snow. autists shuttle their kids to school and back here in the south too, because they don't have to shovel snow to get to work and make their kids ride the bus instead

This truck aims for the middle east and asia. The average american truck-driver-fatass is way too poor to buy a new mercedes.

i live in the part of Australia where it snows actually.

tazmania?

Victoria

mountainfag

Yeah fuck being a mountain fag, snow is shit.

being a mountainfag is awesome actually, i envy not being one currently. being a flat lander sucks

This to be honest snow is the fucking worst.

dry snow is where it's at it's the wet snow that sucks

all we get is wet snow.
shits fucking horrid.

Why the fuck do car makers insist on putting their normal car grills on SUVs and pickups?

This thing is an abomination.

>Mercedes
>Premium

Nigga we're not in the 90s anymore

most new cars qualify as premium now in burgerland because of the absolute carnage the economy has suffered. most people used to buy a new car almost every fucking year. mitsubishi used to give away lancers... now almost no one buys a new car

No.

Left looks like the cabin only fits people that aren't tall enough to step in, the right looks like it has no ground clearance. Not too sure what the point of this is.

srs question why have americas not yet produced a luxury pick up?

Some would argue that the F series and Super Duty King Ranch editions are "luxury" as well as well optioned GMC trucks. Not sure I agree but whatever.

If you want to talk more traditional image of luxury, Lincoln had the Mark LT, and before that the Blackwood, both flopped. Cadillac had a mildly successful Escalade EXT but I don't think that sold too well either.

I am not sure the Benz will sell well here. It's using Mercedes current design language which is not suited to trucks well at all. The current best sellers in USA sell because they look a certain way. Big aggressive, macho, etc. This looks fairly big and aggressive but I don't think the face lines create something most men would want to drive.

Maybe females will pick up on it, but I doubt it. While I'm sure whoever buys this truck didn't buy it because it was the best price/performance ratio of a given class, I think a lot of people underestimate that most people buying trucks in US are somewhat blue collar, who generally speaking, very generally, have a mistrust of foreign brands, especially European. The blue collar car trust rank goes American, Japanese, Korean, European. I just don't think people will be attracted to a Mercedes truck.

I fuckin guarantee it wont look like that when it hits production. Maybe with an $15,000 suspension wheel fender package

The Nissan is the only ute/light truck in it's bracket to use coil spring suspension in the rear over leaf spring. I can't remember figures but I think this does reduce it's (already low) payload.
Not that anybody buying a double cab short bed pickup is worried about payload, the heaviest thing they will probably carry on the regular is a pair of motorcross bikes, which will be well within it's capacity

Everyone who buys one of those doesn't give a shit if the "prestige" of a MB diminishes. They will still think they are hot shit. You will see these all over Chicago, New York, and other suburbs. They are marketing to people who just want a big truck to haul around their yoga mats. That being said, I would drive one.

>The Nissan is the only ute/light truck in it's bracket to use coil spring suspension in the rear over leaf spring. I can't remember figures but I think this does reduce it's (already low) payload.

WRONG, it has about the same payload and towing capactiy as the new ford ranger (more than the Hilux and VW Amarok)

Yeah, same sort of people who buy Ridgelines. Because it's got that brand marque.

Like the niggers in MI are any brighter...

Really? I thought you'd be like the rest of europe and get a panel van if you need to haul stuff around.

Nobody wants to daily drive a panel van or flatbed truck. Pickups a comfortable and look nice.

The thing is that people who buy pickup trucks don't have to haul stuff around, they just want to look like they have to haul stuff around. It's a new generation of commuter belt single family house owners who want to live the illusion that their lives are rural and rugged.

This will happen cuz look at G-class.

They will eat the polished turd with a mercedes benz badge. I bet this turd is really good than other turds.

>muh dick

You are gay

Please tell me this is a joke, pickup trucks are reliable forms of transportation that last for several hundred thousand miles, if MB did this back in the 90s it would make sense, but this doesn't considering how fragile their passenger cars are

you'll have a ford tho, instead of a merc and that is a problem

>reliable truck staying out of the shop is a problem
Germans everyone

No.
I mean, no one who actually needs a truck or has a sliver of self respect won't anyway.

desu if I needed a truck for anything at all I'd rather buy a Mercedes than any american or asian brand

holy fucking captcha
murica

Germans get English captchas?

Every Mercedes has a towing rating at least equal to the weight of the car.

I don't think they are language specific
suppose they just have to consist of arabic numbers and/or latin letters

You need to stop this. Because your women will then start complaining about everything that makes a truck, a truck and then they'll cave and start compromising and the rest of the auto industry will follow because Germany.

Why would I pay more for less truck that has more bells and whistles on it (that will break) and will need much much more expensive maintenance?

If I want a badge car, I'll buy something else, like a sedan.

>the constant pissiness over a dialect difference

Mate truck means different things in different places, get over it.

>because Germany
America started it.

>Americans will pay

uhh... you realize how stiff our truck market and its fanboyism is? Mercedes is like 30 years late to get in on this; best case scenario is some old city boomers tossing money at a "germun engineering" meme.

>Mercedes is like 30 years late to get in on this;

meme...

>what is Unimog
>what is G class
>what is Sprinter
etc....

Stacy will buy this benz truck in LA cuz she would be like "I am not like other girls" meme. This poser truck would be smashtastic for benz.

>poser truck

Perfect way to put it

Blacks will buy it to compete with Escalades
Thats about it
Mercedes knows this, they arent dumb

I'm black.

They won't buy this. If it's not government motors, it's not black enough.

You'll have your retired blacks once in a while get this but not the majority.

That giveaway financing is the reason Mitsubishi is now a Nissan-Renault division.

So like to 2 people? Cool. Thanks.

>Blacks will buy it

Mercedes may allow it, but not promote it cuz they are racist nazi. Mercedes will find a way to promote X - class thru rich white things: LA Yoga Club, Country Club LifeStyle, product placement aka Kim Kardashian, etc..

It has nothing in common with navara or frontier. Engines, suspension, drivetrain, body panels, interior everything except some of frame and structural components done from scratch.

>1 ton payload
>3.5 ton towing

My gasoline 1998 AWD Mountaineer is rated at 3ton max tow.
This is pretty fucking pitiful for actual truck use.

A new 2500 duramax has a 2.5 ton payload and 6.5 ton max tow capacity for 20k less.

These ffs.

Amazing how effective it is as shitpost thread fodder, I'm enjoying any X-Class threads more than all how can lap time compete BTFO threads.

>using mercedes truck for truck duties
Are you retarded? This is a truck for richbois who will tow their jetski or put quadbike in bed.

Nah, I see a market for it. You see a decent chunk of blacks driving all sorts of shit like Land Rovers and other premium cars once you get closer to the city.

Some pull behind campers are going to be pushing its tow weight limit.

Not in europ

I like its ass end

Also, that would be truly retarded to buy small truck to tow hugeass camper.
Thing about this Mercedes is that it drives almost like city car. Same goes for VW Amarok. it does not feel like fucking truck.

TBQH the actual production model design is rather boring.