/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Notice
If you're having trouble going online, update either Luma or your 3DS, or both.
As a reminder, 11.4 cannot be hacked if you have not already hacked your 3DS before, if you're thinking of playing MHXX.

>News
Athena's ASS for MHXX: mediafire.com/folder/9hl2c2zbp7h1l/MHXX
Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2.1: my.mixtape.moe/bkbjso.png
English Patch Project: gbatemp.net/threads/465296
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: Valfalk, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

>He isn't a solo hunter

First for claw

>He isn't a meme hunter

But I use only the finest meme weapons around

How do I avoid G Tama's new double body-check? That shit just fucks me up every time.

Roll towards the tail

I want give Catalina all my Fangs Coins!

Triple Cross is guaranteed

I don't mind more free games

Would Capcom ever have the balls to make a New 3DS/2DS-only MH?

Graphics doesn't matter.

True, but performance does

N3DS performance can only manage a fluctuating 30 to 45fps. Steady 30fps is the way to go.

t. From Software dev.

>only

Felt good man.

t. Ryozo

I've made all the dbs and lbgs I want in gen except the metal rath ones and I can't beat the hyper raths. What should I do now?

gangbang those fuckers

>tfw getting a new character started

Surely it can't be as bad as Toukiden.

Why do speedrunners have such fucking awful taste in armor

So even if I played with people I was getting triple carted immediately so the problem is more on my inability to not get hit.

Looks not important, only speed

you're talking about their transmogs?

Yes

They all dress like two bit god eater sluts

People like how sluts look

then why not make a full-support set? if you cant git gud maybe keeping others alive is your deal

That is the first time I've ever seen that kind of advice on the general that got mad at people using lifepowders.

Man, the monsters in Toukiden Kiwami feel really spongey and boring to fight. Are there any good clones?

Monster Hunter

Even in the game's high rank equivalent they'll have plenty of idle time and faster attacks. It's only really any fun if you have a good Mitama build going for your weapon, but the first game isn't exactly intuitive with this.

If you want Monster Hunter, play Monster Hunter.

theres a difference between a player that can stay at a fixed HP and a player that clearly cant stay out of the monsters attacks

Fair enough, was just interested in the possible alternatives enough to try Toukiden.

I've soloed everything else.

They aren't people.

i mean, you're not going to heal the guy evading and guarding masterfully, you're healing the guy getting buttfucked

Transmog is a mistake

The second game I think feels better as it tries to be more its own thing and improves the Mitama system, but yeah the core combat isn't much different, now you just get the Demon Arm to turn full body attacks into trips or close distances. And by the time you can make cool builds there isn't really much game left.

It also lacks forced solo quests, infinity ruin runs are less rewarding than a set of ten floors, and just dying once in free roam forces you to reload a save, so there's no real incentive to actually git gud either let alone go solo.

I was more concerned with the implication that I am bad.

Wrong general.

you're not bad user, those events are total bullshit same goes for dreadqueen

The man asked about looking for an alternative that's comparable to MH.

>G5 Silverwind is a Silverwind, a Crimsonhelm, and another Silverwind

G5 deviant quests were a mistake. Still gonna do it, but they're a mistake.

Dauntless. The monsters actually change up on you and will fight differently depending on what you've damaged on them, what they've hit you with before, what they've missed you with before, they harvest aether and theirenraged mode is an entirely different beast. I wish there were more to explore in the Alpha but I'd keep an eye out for it.

So if you dodge every move except for one, they'll eventually just use that one move over and over again?

It's not too bad to be honest. Better than some of the other G5 multi monster hunts.
I ran a duo with someone and it only took us 20~30 to finish. No carts either.

It's the same shit as always. You'll be chasing the sw around the area for most of the fight and the redhelm shows up after the first narga is almost down.
Bring smoke if you plan on soloing it.

Have you actually played Dauntless? I saw that people can buy beta access but I can't imagine so few people would be talking about it if they were already in that stage.

Signed up for it awhile ago but haven't received any emails

Hunter Monster!

If Sony paid Capcom for Monster Hunter 5, how would /mhg/ react?

No one owns a Sony console here so /mhg/ will explode.

>being brand loyal
I would simply buy the system it's on like the 3DS.

Sony has a strict no exclusivity contract policy. The closest to an exclusivity contract that can happen is that Capcom and Fujioka/Ryozo makes a new IP for them in the hunting genre with Studio Japan's involvement. But seeing Capcom's public statements recently, it seems that they have realized that doing the exclusivity contract with Nintendo was hurting them in some way or the other, or that there's no more incentive to continue such practice, and they are seriously considering MH series going multiplat.

Shitstorm or not, most here will likely end up buying whatever hardware MH goes on anyway.

I'd be cool with it, my PS4 needs games. At least it'd get remote play on Vita so it's kind of like having MH on Vita.

Will it be same shit we've getting the past 13 years?

It wouldn't be Monster Hunter if it wasn't the same fucking thing

>Multiplat

Shit, divided online would suck for /mhg/

You have better luck with anime spinoffs instead

This community is already been divided by gen-wars, so multiplat online would be a small deal anyway.

Is there a weapon database for Frontier? I checked the site and don't see one.

Just choose the one you're most comfortable with. Consumer choice is very important.

Why should it be divided? FFXI and DQX could work without having divided online. Why can't MH?

In that context, Frontier worked too but they merged PC, PS3, PS4 and Vita servers together leaving 360 and Wii U servers separate with few people in them. Also DDON also have shared servers with PC, PS3 and PS4.

Go to fist.moe and follow the external links to the JP wiki.

Yeah it really would.

was this supposed to be ironic

Ayyyy FU is clunky man jeez.

It's in closed alpha right now, centralized to California. Devs said only .07% have been invited thus far. You don't have to pay for closed beta, just a founder's alpha when this test ends.
Not exactly. They'll sort of feint into it and do odd ticks here and there to see what you do and change it up on you.

This is it, friends.
This is the Ultimate Lifeform.
Worship it.

maybe

I'd be quite upset if it was on Vita because that's a dead system, and I'd also be upset if it was on PS4 because paid online, and because I currently don't have a TV to plug it in where I live.

Honestly I don't really like the idea of MH being on Switch either, PC release when?

Not to mention Switch would also have to stick up with (albeit slightly cheaper) paid online.

>You have to pay for the online because we want to provide a better experience!
>Game is P2P

Isn't sad how much MH has turned into console politics? It's all about who gets the exclusivity deal and who doesn't.

No one cares about brand, what matters is : Not getting the game on 3DS or Gameboy Micro and no paid online.

That's mostly in your wishful shitposting head. It might make more sense several years ago when more people besides you posted on the subject.

I thought everybody wanted the games on 3DS for these past 6 years?

most people are ready/more than ready to move on at this point, i think.

Only because there's an allure of a bigger, badder Nintendo platform. These past 6 years Vita was there all along, but yeah.

>XX still trash
>4U hunters still nowhere to be found
Just end it famalam

Explain the problems with XX to me please. It's too easy because of styles or something?

Really don't care where it goes. Having played since the ps2 days I'm going to sit the next few installments out and maybe Capcom won't do what they always do by then.

This reply could be a trap.

Nope, newfag. All I know is people are annoying with hunter arts and styles for some reason.

it's better than rajang hunter and 3U (can you believe you were forced to do 4 point formation non-stop?)

>It's too easy because of styles AND arts
Exactly.

Too easy and the only difficulty is the most artificial to date with monster spamming OHK moves and having greatly inflated health.
Also all monsters and gear look like hot shit and variety is shafted.

Are there just specific OP configurations, or is it all strong? Or is the problem that there are clearly best styles/arts which discourages the use of others?

>is the problem that there are clearly best styles/arts which discourages the use of others?

Not that user, but this is pretty much the problem with both mechanics.

Except you weren't forced to do either of those things in their respective games. Just because you're an autist who cares about 999 or getting perfect relics as efficiently as possible, doesn't make it the game's fault.

user, this is called falseflagging, and the point wasn't to falseflag but to be obviously mocking people who claim Rajang Hunter was a thing AT ALL.

Grandpa pls go

>the most artificial to date

Good one.

While there are some styles that really need balacing (looking at you Brave style), I can guarantee none of the shitters that claim the game is "too easy" haven't tried soloing endgame Deviants. I'd put XX difficulty around 4U levels, while styles and arts can make your life easier, the monsters are more dynamic and active now, and endgame is just as hard as you'd expect