Would it be retarded to spend money on a turbo and suspension for my 2009 Malibu...

Would it be retarded to spend money on a turbo and suspension for my 2009 Malibu? It's my dd but I want something more fun so I figured I might as well just make my dd more fun. I mean I could basically turn it into a focus st right?

You can't even replace a headlight bulb without taking the bumper off, and you want to slap a fucking turbo on it?

>turbo in dd

There's this tech school by my house that does work for super cheap as long as you buy the parts so I don't think it would cost too much

Yes user, it's retarded.

Why? The focus st is fucking awesome and a Malibu with a turbo, tune, cold air intake, cat delete, and a suspension upgrade would be pretty close in performance don't you think? Plus my insurance wouldn't go up lol.

Just fucking no, dude. Trade it for another car.

Turbos add fuel efficiency dumbass

Then fucking trade it in for a Focus. It will be cheaper and more reliable than fucking with your dog shit of a car.

No that's a great idea. But you're not thinking big enough. A junkyard ls1 swap with an eBay supercharger could crank out 500 hp easy for only a couple thousand.

Some of the Malibus were turbo. Not sure if it was this generation or the next. Would be cool! And I've seen them lowered with coils and with air bags, both looked good. As for having the tech school do it, sure. As long as it's not like a community college. Even if your idea is a little odd, do it. Be different.

I don't have the money for that dude I only have like 900 to spend on mods I was thinking I buy this turbo (all 5star reviews) and spend the rest on an off-road exhaust and installation

>$200 turbo

Fucking do it dude, take pics and post results

>wants to turbo and lower his dd
>a fucking Malibu
>getting the work done by tech school students

Good fucking luck ctfu

>babbys first ebay turbo
You need a bit more than just the turbo my friend

I'm pretty sure that's a joke gift and not a real turbo.

I guess he's never heard of the "ebay turbo" before

Aren't there trims of the Malibu that are already turbo?

Not in '09 there werent

>994 sold
Good god

In a word. NO
I own a Malibu LTZ V6, and extra horsepower would be pointless. It's not a sports car, and 250 is all the FWD platform is good for. You'd need to upgrade so much else to make it worth it.
Best to keep it as a perfectly fine DD and find another car to sink $$$ into.

I'm gay

Veeky Forums - home of the bad-to-sketchy ideas. IDC, It's your car and your money, do what you want. But I'm going to be snickering uncontrollably when you end up back here asking about how you can repair your motor after it blew up.

>turbo and suspension for my 2009 Malibu?
>my budget limit is $900
>thinking of chinese turbo for $200
It's a 2009 midsize car or did you forget that? Not worth paying others for such a big change.

>but it's just a turbo I'm adding in.
NO, you need a lot of other parts besides the $200 chinesium turbo itself. A turbo requires infrastructure for it. You have not budgeted for those other parts as far as I can see.

>Plus my insurance wouldn't go up lol.
Your comprehensive insurance will no longer cover most of your engine compartment unless you have the turbo and its related mods specifically added. Almost all companies have fine print that unlisted modifications are not covered. They cover only factory original installations unless you change the policy to cover mods. So you will find a nasty surprise when you have a collision.

Just in case you are thinking about turbos in some dreamy fashion, you should not. The main purpose of turbo in most small cars now is for fuel economy. A turbo allows use of a much smaller engine to put out the same horsepower. By running the engine harder, the fuel economy is improved at the cost of engine life or gasket leaks had it been run less hard of course.

>he thinks a tarbo will make a malibu more fun.

It wont. Save your shekels.

>415 hp
>415 lp-ft
>0-60 4.5 sec

Why not just get a Chevy SS?