/nepgen/ - Neptunia General #1214

The Happy Lowee Family Edition

Last Thread: Hyperdimension Neptunia Downloads (Skins, Artbooks, Manga, Guides, Soundtracks, etc.):
pastebin.com/irs8Xx3Q

Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls is coming to Steam this summer: twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/851517134127616000

Nep-Nep's VII-rtual Reality Stuff:
The team behind VIIR reveals some new details about the game: gematsu.com/2017/04/megadimension-neptunia-viir-super-remake-seems-like-different-game-new-engine
DengekiOnline Article: dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/500/1500281/
Official Teaser Trailer: youtu.be/bVDmMvp51mo

NepNep Connect Chaos Chanpuru News:
DengekiOnline reveals some extra information about the game's plot: dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/512/1512730/
Tsunako's Art Exhibition seems to have some neat Next Purple figurines: twitter.com/VERTEXkyonnu/status/858960618488975360
Gameplay Trailer: youtu.be/QtSK_z-DFOQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dpzbr3vCBjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Compa is too good to have a shadow at all

Fuck off, retard.

Compa, desu!

I am a shadow, the true self.

Fuck off, ban-evading cunt.

That's actually another funny idea.
Compa says she likes everyone, but what if her shadow starts shittalking all her friends?

Yeah, I can see her shouting "you are not me!" now

*cue boss theme*
youtube.com/watch?v=dpzbr3vCBjw

I want to kissu-kissu nepu-nepu!

>Compa is a closeted alpha bitch

Why does this turn me on so much? I'm not even that into Compa.

It's not shit talking if it's true that Neptune is lazy as fuck, Nepgear a total mop, Nitroplus a sexy chuuni with the best ass in the Hyperdimension, Noire a failed tryhard, Uni a loser, Vert a rotten girl, Blanc a cute, Rom a cute, and Ram a little shit.

I'm so happy to see Financier, thank you so much

Iunno, that still sounds like shit talk.

If the shit is also reality, then that's their fault.

So what are the neps?

Nigga /nepgen/ is literally few anons samefagging non-stop until others take the bait. You can't just create a new thread if there's no one around to do it.

I thought shit talk was only bullshit, hence the name?

This is a pretty stupid thing to say, user. You can create a new thread at any time and people will gladly move there for the image spots.

And nepgen has no less than 70 active posters. Quit spewing nonsensical bullshit

>answering to the samefagging retard

I want to fug Lindafag until it goes into overdrive mode from pleasure and starts changing genders at random!

Y'know the phrase "Talk shit, get hit"? Well, if shit talking was all just bullshit, then nobody would ever be offended enough to throw a punch in response.

Sure, it doesn't have to be ALL true, and in fact is probably mostly bull, but the intent behind shit talking is to strike a nerve, and you usually can't do that without some sort of ring of truth.

Lies can hurt too, you know? That's called slander, and it's considered a crime.

Unfairness causes anger, so accusing people unfairly is bound to make them even angrier than normal shit talking. Like if you went to see IF, who probably had a tough life, being a FUCKING HERETIC, and called her a spoiled kid who had everything given to her on a silver plate, it will piss her off.

SLut

Sure. But Shadows are made from your inner hidden feelings - they are not lying, but they are making it look way worse than you actually are

Reminder that tangerines kick ass and praise Lastation!

Indeed. They represent your negative aspects, and are those aspects cranked into overdrive; That's why it's a bad idea to accept them at face value, and instead you should acknowledge that they're apart of you, but not all there is to you.

Oh, right.
So for Compa, it would be something she doesn't want exposed. Like her anger at Neptune for being nitpicky about her food, her insecurities about failing the nursing school, her uselessness in the party when it comes to actually helping, her fear of dying and leaving Neptune and Nepgear alone,or even her worries about IF still not having a boyfriend.

Orange Hearto dayo~

Rena is so cute.

Nep - Fool
Noire - Hermit actually Magician
Blanc - High Priestess
Vert - Empress
Nepgear - Death
Uni - Chariot
Romram - Lovers
Plutia - Devil
Uzume - Tower

>Nepgear - Death

Care to explain?

Fuck off, ban-evading cunt.

>Death is, of course, about dying, but also about changing. Unlike the Fool or the Magician who are about learning new things, Death is about adapting to a completely new situation. Like the death of a loved big sister.

That sounds purely like Conquest Nepgear. If we're talking Nepgear in general, she'd be a better fit for Fool than Neptune.

Nep persona when

>Romram - Lovers
It's finally happening.

It has to be something that she would never admit as a part of herself.

The only thing Compa seems to hide is her true thoughts about people she knows since she's always making compliments and telling she likes everyone(she does say some bad things too but it's generally obvious as Neptune being lazy).
You will see Compa breaking in no time if her Shadow says that she doesn't like everyone actually

When Compa teams up with Atlus, so never ever

>heart pupils
Slut confirmed

>
you make it sound like Arfoire is tsundere for nep

nepnep isn't a slut. She's just a nep who loves sex.

You focus too much on Conquest, and forget the rest of the game.
Remember that Nepgear is pretty spoiled by Neptune before the game starts. And at the very beginning, the first thing you see is Nepgear panicking, getting wrecked by CFW Magic, getting freed by IF and Compa, and having to handle herself and grow.
The entirety of mk2 is Nepgear being put in a dire situation and yet making the best of it, even while omitting Conquest.
The game shows that Nepgear doesn't even know how Uni or Rom&Ram look like, that's how sheltered that girl is. She doesn't know how the others candidates are like, she doesn't understand why Uni is angry, and she has to fight a villain that defeated all the CPUs at once.
Amusingly, Victory is the opposite, she finds herself alone again, but instead of using that opportunity to grow and become a full-fledged CPU, she mopes and become a complete waste. And that's only in three days. Yeah, I know what you're gonna say, "the last thing she said Neptune was to fuck off, of course she'd be sad" and mk2 starts with her "abandoning" her beloved big sister, that's hardly better.

But Compa is "extra nice" (lol), so anything bad for her must be terrible.
EXCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO HURTING DOGOOS.

I want Nepgear to kill me

Yeah! With as many guys as possible!

Dengekiko is a big meanie bully!

BULLY!

Makes sense. She does like 'keeping her citizens happy'.

>With as many guys as possible!
Nah, just with me, her loving husbando

>implying Shadow Nep isn't basically Shadow Rise but even more attention whore

Sorry friend, she's the town bike and there's nothing you can do about it.

Well, she certainly seem obsessed with Neptune directly.
Plus Histoire make it clear in HDN that all the neps inherited some of Arfoire's traits : Blanc got her tsundere (telling Neptune to fuck off and that she hated her), Noire got her working hard ethic, Neptune got her arrogance, and Vert got... I dunno. Friends or something.

Dengekiko is trash and deserves retribution for all the bully she subjects Famitsu to!

Speaking of dengekiko, where's that new info on VIIR we were promised?

Nice headcanon faggot

Silly Gearnon, it's your fault for getting on the CPU Candidates' Wild Ride.
Better get used to being a living dildo.

Don't worry dude, even you can get a ride.

Isn't brainwashed Nep from V2 basically what Shadow Nep would be? She's very prideful and hates when people look down on her.

That would be HDN-Neptune, before her amnesia.

>CPU Candidates' Wild Ride.
>Rom and Ram's first time seeing a dick
>Very confused why are Nepgear and Uni all over it

So, who would be Shadow Kanji?

Logic similar to this is actually the stuff I've heard from some of the most slutty girls I know... it all fits.

RED

The hell is a CPU Candidates' Wild Ride?

Histy is so cute.
I want to cuddle with her all day long!

>But Compa is "extra nice" (lol), so anything bad for her must be terrible.

Shadow Compa be like
>I once said half of a lie
>I don't actually like my enemies
>I once entered the Basilicom without greeting
>I once did wish to harm someone who isn't a Dogoo
>I once ate all my food without asking if people wanted some
>I once used a swear word
>I am a total bad girl and you are me
>NO! YOU ARE NOT ME, DESU!
That would be pretty hilarious

How do I get Nepgear to kill me?

Bump into her on the streets and don't apologize.

Threaten her onee-chan.

Look at her wrong.

There's no way out now faggot, you're going to be a living shares dumper now.

>Compa is so pure even her shadow is a good girl

Guys, guys, I'm holding Nepgear's hand right now, really firm, with fingers intertwined!

>Compa actually denies Shadow Compa because she's not 1000% nice but only 999%
>boss fight
>others be like "Compa wtf. You aren't going to hell for that or anything..."

I want to read Histy!

I'm backtracing your signal, you scum.

>all the neps meet their shadow
>Nep's shadow accuses her of pretending to be happy while she's in fact terrified that people don't actually like her
>Nepgear's shadow accuses her of being tired of living in Neptune's shadow
>Noire's shadow says she has no friends
>Uni's shadow accuses her of not being good enough to be a CPU and becoming friend with the enemy
>Blanc's shadow tells her she'll stay a child forever, and will never mature, be it in body or mind, always throwing tantrums
>Rom's shadow tells her she wish she had more friends and that Ram isn't enough
>Ram's shadow tells her she's scared of being alone
>Vert's shadow tells her that despite everything she does and no matter how many online friends she has, she's still desperately alone, without real friends, and without even a family, and that she'll rot and die alone
>IF's shadow accuses her of being uncool and being into forbidden love, even calling her Strangelove
>Compa's shadow admits she was caught jaywalking once and was scolded by the policeman until she cried

My wife Chika is cute/sexy

Good morning /nepgen/

When I saw this, it instantly reminded me of Nep-Nep.

Can't decide if it's a reference or if they're ripping Nepnep.

Probably a reference from that ninja with the spooky eyes and the boat abomination.

Millium is a poor imitation of nepnep. She's not as cute or funny. Her english voice actor doesn't knock it out of the park like nepnep's does. In fact, she kind of sucked in Cold Steel 1, although she improves in Cold Steel 2.

>960x544
Time to upgrade your phone, user.

Those all sound fairly legit for shadows. I feel there's probably something darker for Compa's shadow, though, something she'd really jump out and deny.

Can someone explain what Neplunker is supposed to be?

>Cold Steel 1
That sounds like a edgehog name.

What's the game about?

They're just story-heavy turn-based JRPGs.

Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 in particular borrow quite a bit from Persona, although the story is more serious and interesting than the high school crap in that series.

It's pretty much Spelunker (which is a really old game) but with Neptune.

You'll often hear people complain about how bullshit it is since you die in one hit. I haven't played it so I have no opinion on it whatsoever.

I played spelunker world or whatever on PS4 and it was utter shit. You could literally jump - Not off an edge or anything, I mean just jump period - And die when you come down. It's a scam designed to get you to keep paying for more lives and shit even though the game is designed to make you die in every possible situation

Probably something about her parents, then. Something that would really hurt her.
My headcanon is that Spankfag is her father and the grandfather she speaks of constantly is the Giantdad.

A platforming minigame with Neptunia's... peculiar physics.

Oh, I see Trails In The Sky praised very often in /indie/.
And screw you, Persona 2 was good.

I would imagine he's referring more to Persona 3 and 4 when he said that last bit.

Hmm. Thinking about it, she'd possibly get angry if her persona was the one pointing out the less than complimentary parts of her friends.

Never played these. Only played the second one on Playstation. It was fun.

That would mean that Compa herself has no flaws if her Shadow points out other people.
Even in Persona 4, Chie's shadow only talks of how she scorns Yukiko rather than pointing out her flaw.

Maybe a shadow that says how she's tired of constantly baby-sitting Neptune or having IF freeloading at her house would do it.

Ah, yeah, I didn't think about it like that. I mainly figured that she likely wouldn't be too worried about her flaws being pointed out, since she doesn't pretend to be perfect, but thought she'd get angry enough to deny the shadow if it was saying her hidden thoughts about her friends.

Well yeah, the Compa one was a joke because she's so pure it's hard to imagine her actually having dark hidden feelings

So far I have seen 2 major theories
>"You are nothing compared to Goddesses, and you are even bad at being a human nurse"
Compa is surrounded by people who are "better than her", so she may feel inferior.

>"All my friends have annoying flaws but I say I like all of them so they are happy and I don't get better anyway..."
She always says she likes everyone and makes compliments, so maybe she's actually only doing that to make others happy and make sure they all like her

I also think the 2nd theory makes more sense because I don't see Compa denying her own flaws or her weakness as a human when compared to CPUs and actual fighters - but mostly denying the fact she doesn't actually like others and does it only to keep them happy and make them like her.

My personal one is
>"I am only always nice, altruistic and cute to everyone because otherwise who would like such a normal, stupid and clumsy girl like me?"
So basically like Neptune, except not being funny. It takes a bit from the 2nd theory but makes it more personal

>Finally meets Big Nep in game
>Heals us
>Talks about a glass of milk after a hot bath
>Says "Believe it!"
I LOVE BIG NEP SO MUCH, GUYS!
SOOOO MUUUCCHHH!!
>Joyful tears

Yes. That happens in Neplunker.

NepuBuran

Back to /u/ with (You).

There's no question that big neppy a best.

I dunno, that implies some kinda of hidden motive like Neptune does.
I think Compa would be more likely to just silently bear with it when she sees something that annoys her, unlike Neptune who make everyone her friend by being enthusiast. You see what I mean? Neptune tries to get people by her side, while Compa just silently and patiently bear with people's flaws.

I prefer that interpretation, because it also makes sense from a meta perspective. In a party, once the boss is dead, everyone compliment each others and think they did good, but you, as the medic, you saw everything. And you'll remember every little thing they fucked up, but you decide to not bring it up. Not now, anyway.

Source : 90% of my playtime in TF2 was playing as a medic. I have seen dumb shit you people wouldn't believe.

>as the medic
In Compa's case it's more like 'as the benchwarmer', but I get what you mean.

Welcome to /nepgen/

Hey, come on! He's one of the few yurifags on here that ISN'T autistic.

You're probably right. She feels terribly outclassed by everyone, but she can't say it and keeps them happy because she'd be alone otherwise.
Wouldn't want it to be too similar to Nep's, though.
Man, I should go play through the Persona games again (or for the first time, for the first couple).

Lady Blanc is my wife and I love her more than anything in the world!