/neog/ - SNK and Neo Geo General

Version 2.1 is out and fixes some bugs!
2.1 patch notes:
snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.01_en.pdf

New arcade version exhibition was held on the 30th know as Ichiki's Dojo. The arcade version is up to date with all DLC including costumes, stages and characters.
Small snippet of exhibition:
youtube.com/watch?v=yqvDPPcJatY

KoF Destiny Mobile game trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=kOTUGI-nrDs

KOFXIV DLC Character Trailers:
youtube.com/watch?v=0QE25tVaB5k
youtube.com/watch?v=nMA5vqR1JRE
youtube.com/watch?v=RxkfWYCq9Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=OksMT-OBaaM

New KOF Chinese manga:
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/816915802083340288
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/817381037114171392

New SNK mobile RPG:
game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/newproject/

Latest tournament footage:
youtube.com/watch?v=PwKfaJ9sJx8
youtube.com/watch?v=HHOG5ViPrAg

youtube.com/watch?v=ctUymHVXGEI
youtube.com/watch?v=Kzv-zMEfSX4

youtube.com/watch?v=VbNlcwdGkQU
youtube.com/watch?v=cwKStvpiNls

youtube.com/watch?v=iYGCcScogDk
youtube.com/watch?v=lFivKsF2CkE
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxd-2FxFQ75qeXH1xi-QMpjbMgOWsSM5d

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mWQa6zpJdBw
youtu.be/pnaV04Z2Er4
twitter.com/snk_enter/status/858795593090572288
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/859079557927665664
youtube.com/watch?v=4aO9Tv0-Rlo
youtube.com/watch?v=vF1kkZt0t-I
youtube.com/watch?v=f8T0RZeGV40
snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2017/050201/
youtube.com/watch?v=a-7RjQDXUYM
twitter.com/snk_enter/status/859314869748744192
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for best boy

Kula vs M' FT20 still on going as of now.
twitch tv
/tokyosou

Chinese girl on OP, chinese boy on 1st post, chinese give the most views. How can the rest of the world even compete?

This makes me think about how painful some of the things people in KoF do to each other. Shit must really suck.

>FT20

holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=mWQa6zpJdBw
did you forget about the Maximum Impact games?

Clarks climax is the worst desu

I tried looking for footage from this week's chinatown beatdown, but KPB posted the whole 6 hour stream which included SFV too.

KoF Starts at around 02:51:00
youtu.be/pnaV04Z2Er4

Clark's always looked like the most painful shit; then there's Shermie who smites you with a fucking lightning bolt from the sky.

sexy backbend ryona

really makes the tummy taut, too

They should really make EntaGirl the profile pic for this.
twitter.com/snk_enter/status/858795593090572288

I wonder how much money it has made them. I remember posting snippets (basically just translated numbers that anyone with basic jap could do) of their last financial statement that went up to right before the release of XIV and revevenue had gone up 50% or something like that. Sales had gone up a good chunk too. Although the period before that they had lost something like $5 million. I wonder how things are for them now. Guess we won't know for sure until september or october.

mobage that sell a lot tend to cover more than just a mere 5 million in income

but so much for that pc kofxiii saving them from financial downfall meme

So, who won?

Didn't get to watch it, but according to twitter Kula won 20-17.

You're likely right. That picture of the 3,000,000 downloads might be old since according to the google playstore MSA has 5 million DLs and MSD 10 million.

but all the cool iori players are doing it!!!

twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/859079557927665664

How many levels of ground slam are you on?

And here I thought Daimon's ground slam spamming was bad

is that an otg

Seems like

Champion no slam-chan

Space Jam remix of Antonovs theme when?

Is it just me or am I one of the few who likes to see Terry's Climax be changed to Trinity Geyser or Power Stream? I always kind of think he is one of the few characters able to unleash a torrent/burst of pure energy and reflects his inexhaustible supply of power. Besides its more flashy compared to the Climax that we have now.

triple geyser was cool enough as his max power geyser, dunno why they wouldn't have it like that now

>tfw that glorious feel of unleashing max power geyser in kof 98/99
Those geysers are fucking xbax huge and you can feel the power being released can easily erase anyone from existance.

>tfw nailing it in real bout special
i loved the look of it in that game

TFW finally beat all trials for a single character

I can feel the scrubiness wash away, a single layer at a time

really? heh
trials in this game are a lot easier than the xiii ones which i only have 60% total completion on

why does Mai's voice sound familiar?

It sounds like one of the 8 voices Funimation uses for their anime dubs

there's only like 5 voice actors in the us/canada anyway that they reuse for everything

good thing i didn't offer to play anybody yet, that 75mb patch took a while for me to download

people were saying you couldn't hit a second sylvie's qcfx2+PP after one, i think, but i just did it

it's a damage nerf, but i can still do it

Why are they dwarves?

Or they should make her wear G-mantle's props, now that the official English SNK account is no longer using that display name - end of an era, even if the "character" has been absent for years now...

When was this

>EntaGirl with G-Mantle's props
I like the way you think user.

A little while back during some stream. there are pics floating around on twitter.

damn, angel's trials took me like 45 minutes to complete

i can't remember all that shit, glad she's not my waifu

More Mui Mui lewds when?

>one of choi's trials is an autocombo
wtf

realistic Japanese height, I guess

there, all trials complete, now i have beaten then game!!!!!!

>deleted

Forgot to spoiler. Here you go.

Nice

Have you cleared story mode with each team?

yno

Remember to keep an eye out for this.

Pocky game?

youtube.com/watch?v=4aO9Tv0-Rlo

Me again, I wonder what studio would SNK outsource a MS game to?

platinum games I wish

Might be cool.

They've mentioned before that they wanted to make their main games themselves inhouse before, but it seems like they are getting some help with the mobile games from their chinese branch. They've been ready and happy to do crossovers and partnerships with anyone who wants to and they have, most notably with DOA (Mai/Costumes) and Gran Blue Fantasy (SS characters). In regards to Metal Slug specifically nothing is set in stone, but a clue might be their partnership with Studio Roquovan. Now that I think about it not much else has been announced about that partnership. I wonder what it's all about.

> Metal Slug game by Platinum
> In the style of Vanquish
> With the pallet of Nier Automata
wouldn't be bad to see.

Gave me a chuckle. Kek
Like one of the comments mentioned, at least it's not filled with wubwub.

Exactly, that's what I was referring to in a related thread in mecha.

Though I better hope the collaboration with Studio Roquovan might lead to MS characters in World War Toons or something MS related. MS could use more representation in this day and age.

Yeah, it's nice that SNK has been giving KoF all this attention lately, but damn some of their other series are dying for some love.

This summer will be the 10th anniversary of Doki Doki Majo Shinpan, which calls for a celebration!

But seriously more SamSho would be nice.

matches tonight are really slim pickings

there's hardly anyone on

i'm just playing team japan for tonight, nobody serious is actually playing, everyone is just a douchebag for some reason, they play one match, win and then leave and leaving me with nobody to play

i don't really have much ability to play team japan either so it all works out

or the host fucking leaves after a single match has taken place

fuck you, if you're this kind of host

and before you say "make a room" i had a room up for like 30 minutes that absolutely nobody joined

That sucks man. I guess people took a break today.

>spoiler
I'd fork over money over for it.

Anyone got a link to that tournament that was won by a team with Antonov in it?

Any news on KoF coming to PC? I liked SNK games when I was young, I'd like to play them on master race platform.

Only the twitch archive.

/videos/135985159

Hasn't been uploaded to YT

98UM, 02UM, and XIII have been on PC for ages.

Or emulate the arcade games like master race do.

I was referring to XIV, I already played the other ones I think

>finally get a really good player who bodies the fuck out of me and ocvs me
>HOST HAS QUIT ROOM
>never see guy again
fuck

you

None. If it's any consolation nessica X2 or whatever it's called, which is the system the arcade version will be distributed on, is running on what basically is windows 10. So if/when they make it might not be too tough for them.
I hope they make a PC version, not because of the masterrace or what ever, but because the chinks are seemingly the ones who put the most eyeballs/interest on the game yet very few of them have PS4s and for other fans where a PS4 costs a kidney. Compare the 7k from NCR to the 56k from a chink tournament from a little over a week ago and both events were of similar player turnout. It was something similar for the WCS. Something like 10k from the west, Korea and Japan VS 240k from the chinks alone.

Thanks senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=vF1kkZt0t-I

youtube.com/watch?v=f8T0RZeGV40

Or Iori's where he tries to claw you to shreds from groin to shoulder.

Or good ol' Gai Spider Armbar.

Or blue mary in 2k2um

Where she breaks all your fucking limbs. Or Igniz where he blows up a universe as a climax

Kinda unrelated, but nyaa is dead. Better think of a good way to get the KoF animated series when it's out if it doesn't come back. At least there's alternatives to nyaa.

Over 200k downloads on switch for their Neo Geo games.
snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2017/050201/

How much were those games selling for? I wonder how much of that money SNK actually gets.

So is Antanov amd Xanadu still bottom tier?

Antonov shows some promise, but Xanadu isn't too much better off.

Here, have a KoF 95 tourney from over 20 years ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=a-7RjQDXUYM

I suppose this was from when the game was just barely out. Some them seem to be trying to figure things out.
Fug, I hate my compatriots in the comments sometimes. Throughout a lot the KoF videos I've watched there's always a mexican or a spanish speaker saying how the players are trash and they're the hottest shit/how they can easily beat lvl 8 cpu Rugal with ease regardless of how skilled the players in the video are. Even if true, no fucking sense of humility at all.

EntaGirl listened and put up a pic of herself as her twitter icon!
twitter.com/snk_enter/status/859314869748744192

based SNK

Would user waifu SNK's female personification?
I would.

Shingo wearing Kyo's outfits when?

>tfw it has been more than 10 years since the last time Shingo was in a kof game
I want to see him with a new outfit, but I would prefer something other than Kyo's clothes

What is going on in pic related?

Is Iori holding Kyo's pubes? Is that why Kyo looks shocked in the adjacent pannel?