>crash.net

Noob? Start here:
Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PKWDutab6G8&t=67
youtube.com/watch?v=PKWDutab6G8&t=145
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

generally on a dirt bike you want to be standing because it gives much more control over the bike, adventure riders are like pretend dirt bike riders so they have to try their hardest to look the part.

Guys. I'm a little drunk rn. OK, a lot drunk.

I need to know what's going on here; I don't even understand rn. I literally can't even.

whoever has been posting the op just hasnt been putting dbt in the title.

Those fucking pigs are so heavy to ride. Wombatanon had to dig holes under the wheels on his AT to pick it back up. Standing helps with the rider center of gravity, from what I feel when I ride.

And it's not like he's a noob.

I wish we got our own board, as a single thread we move faster then all of /po/.

>having a dedicated thread for KK to whore in that no one reads

SAM HYPE

Couple months ago came a cross a dude riding a ktm 1290 paving the way for some of the more apprehensive dirtbike riders in a fairly technical bush ride during wet autumn season.

Some of the descents were 50 degrees over loose pine and sand with wallowed out drops full of roots. Guess you just need to be able to sack up.

I can't talk, I was just idling along on my XR the whole time while everyone else suffered.

Descents aren't hard, its the ascent that takes skill.

Sorry bud I was trolling.

Wrong.

Dont spill it. Even clutching it down in first is hard. The idea is again to not break traction. Trust me, I'm a namefag. Lol

Quite a few pussied out on those, too.
There were a few 100~ft hills with crossing ruts and roots near the top, but what killed most guys was the huge dig during the runup that fully compressed those that hit it too hard. Just digging around on my SD card seeing if I can find any pics, but fisheye a shit for depth perception.

Not my cam, but this was halfway down.

Honestly looks like your average trail to me and it would be much harder getting up that hill there than going down it.

A fair amount harder up it, not sure if clay/dirt would be worse for traction. Sand just moves out under you whereas dirt just slips.
You couldn't get up them on foot to help anyone out, the ground was too soft and steep and littered with exposed roots and punky wooden logs.
Of the 300 or so riders there that day, I reckon a good 3/4 opted for the blue (easy) flag routes over the red.

It is worse there is just no traction at all on the clay unless it is dry, where i live is all either sand or red clay.
and it's always that way, 90% of people i ride with can't do the hard trails around my area which is fair enough, all about having fun and all that.

So guys; I'm looking to make a long trip in the next month or two. Like, thousand miles long, probably over two days. I'm a new rider(started a couple months ago) and I'm pretty confident in my control of my bike, but I feel there's a lot I don't know about longer rides.

What considerations should I have for my first multi-day trip? I have storage space, a 3L hydration pack, self-defense considerations, emergency backup phone...

Why do bikers think that every little thing that happens on the road is a near death experience?

This little thing:
youtube.com/watch?v=PKWDutab6G8&t=67

Made him afraid for his life:
youtube.com/watch?v=PKWDutab6G8&t=145
>"it's my fucking life. you don't care"

For a bunch of wannabe badasses who love to talk shit about """""cagers""""" you sure are a bunch of pussies who cry for mommy easily.

I've always hated sand here in NZ, but having been on my fair share of clay I'll admit that sand seems to outweigh clay in both comfort and forgiveness, even if you have to peg it in 2nd every single time.

Most of the guys I ride with either run watercooled 4ts or strung 2ts while I plod along with my 140/70 rear XR400 making new ruts, so I hear you on the having fun.

Didn't even bother to watch.

You're the one trying to validate your testosterone by judging others doing something you don't do.

Edit: i am silly

based

>Didn't even bother to watch.

So basically, you're proud of being uniformed of the point being made, yet you still expect people to participate in the discussion.
Do you realise how not only stupid, but also arrogant this makes you look?

Sad.

Your posts are whats sad m8

big fan of your work

I own a car and 3 bikes.
I've driven more and ridden more than you have, I'm more than capable of forming my own opinions of my riding/driving and of those around me better than you can. Your point is irrelevant, mostly because I don't ride/drive in your country/area but also because I don't pretend I'm better than everyone as you so clearly display otherwise.

Ride a bike, see what it's like - until you show proof you own and have ridden a bike, you wont understand and you're just talking shit about the people you have claimed talk shit.

Hypocrite, I've given you two (YOU)'s now.

yeah im one of those guys, my 300 is well beyond stock standard and it really does help being on a bike that is light/powerful in tight shit, twist of the throttle gets you over most obstacles instead of having to manhandle the bike over shit, kinda makes your day more enjoyable when you aren't using all of your energy pulling bikes over logs all day lol

Why would I value the opinion of someone so arrogant that they literally bragged that they didn't bother to watch the provided video before they forming an opinion on it?

It doesn't matter whether or not you value a single opinion, as two other anons have already proven you're just full of (YOU)'s.
Tbh I wouldn't mind just a KDX200 again, I'm a little too heavy for them to have merit under the band but it's really hard to ignore grunt at tickover.

It's also really hard to ignore sheer mass at every single point of the ride, everyone always gives me shit like "I didn't know Honda had a museum, when did you break in and steal that tractor?".

>implied all bikers
>video of one single individual out of the hundreds of millions of 'bikers' on the planet
why does this thread get trolled so much

Why do people actually react?

>one single individual

>implying you've never cried about how a car "NEARLY KILLED ME" over a minor road incident

It's a poo in the loo noob, what did you expect?
Not every biker is a perfect human being, just like not all cagers are. What are you trying to prove?
There was no incident in that video, what are you talking about?
Obviously if there actually was an incident then it's would have been a near death one because if you didn't notice the only protection bikers have is in the clothes they wear.

because i believe some people really do draw a line between cars and bikes and hate on the other when both should be enjoyed by any automotive enthusiast and each appreciated for what they are because they are vastly different

if it makes you feel better to make up such assumptions about people you actually know nothing about then good for you, just keep them to yourself

>There was no incident in that video

Considering he raged the fuck out, called the driver a crazy maniac, then claimed he could have been killed, it's fair to say he believed there was.

>he believed there was
And? There wasn't one.

>if it makes you feel better to make up such assumptions about people you actually know nothing about then good for you, just keep them to yourself

t. special snowflake

I've had countless motorcycle owning friends over the years, and every single one, without exception, has at one point claimed that "they could have been killed" when referring to a minor road incident.

That's the point.
Over every minor incident, even incidents so minor an outside observer thinks they don't exist, bikers cry about "I could have been killed".

Why are bikers such pussies?

'Minor' is subject to individual perception.
When cagers just don't bother to look, people die. Simple as that.

>People should want to die, that's the only way to not be a pussy
t. Safety exoskeleton pilot.

Can an 80's bike handle well or are they all like harleys?

>When cagers just don't bother to look, people die. Simple as that.

Why are "le cagers" responsible for your safety?
If you choose to use a vehicle that is inherently harder to see, why should they be required babysit you?

He's a noob. And a poo in the loo.
Same shit happens with cagers.

Again, what's your point?

Paper and origami?

>Again, what's your point?

Did you even read the post you replied to?

>Over every minor incident, even incidents so minor an outside observer thinks they don't exist, bikers cry about "I could have been killed".
>Why are bikers such pussies?

They aren't responsible for my safety, just of their actions.
"Oh whoops" isn't exactly the poster child of responsibility, is it? Maybe people shouldn't drive cars if they can't see further than their foreskin.

It's not about "not wanting to die".
It's about being so terrified about being hurt that they're in a constant state of hysteria.

>Cagers get to be complacent and it's encouraged
>When a rider wants to be aware it's a mental illness

In all fairness, the danger is known before putting a leg over the bike, but still.

I've been where you are on a lot of things. As far as I can tell, these people make a decision, conscious or subconscious, to make the situation worse. To exacerbate their own feelings until they rage out of control. Freaking out like that doesn't happen just as a simple reflexive response, it has to bounce around in the head and get worse and worse.

For me, it was realizing that people scream and throw up when they see a dead body. That really never made sense to me and still doesn't, but people do it. It's not really anything to do with bikers, but something an individual goes through.

>They aren't responsible for my safety

Bullshit. Around there world there have been "look out for motorcycles" campaigns for decades.

Why should people have to babysit you because you choose to use a vehicle that is inherently harder to see, and offers zero crash safety?

do you understand what the term 'duty of care' means?
'cagers' aren't responsible for riders safety
'cagers' are responsible to not endanger other road users by their actions. same goes for any other vehicle

how can you know it was a minor road incident as you put it?

the video you posted was an overreaction and aside from passing in a no-passing area there was nothing wrong, nobody is disagreeing with this.

>Did you even read the post you replied to?
Yes, I did and I could say
>Why are cagers such pussies?
It's the same.
>Why are "le cagers" responsible for your safety?
Because everyone on the road is responsible for their actions and they could put other road users in danger with them?

This guy is a retard, right? He thinks a couple of videos of noobs complaining is definitive proof of bikers being pussies, meanwhile he choses to ignore all the cagers material.

Nigger wake up, we always make fun of retarded bikers that cry for no reason like for that snowfag video where he bitches because some boomer on a adv bike overtakes him in a corner.

>Why should people have to babysit you

Last I knew, there was a visual test before getting a license. I agree with you, anyone that is unable to see a 300kg piece of equipment going down the road should never be allowed on the road again.

You mean it's not your responsibility to not hit other vehicles with your car?

Are you retarded or trolling?

So because you drive a 5-7 seat vehicle that is larger than a motorcycle you have the right to kill motorcycle riders?
Does this also mean trucks are allowed to do the same to you because you drive a tiny car that is hard to see?

>Are you retarded

Clearly you are.
The point being made is that motorcycles are more difficult to see, and require more vigilance.

But why the fuck should car drivers be more vigilant because of your choice to use a more risky vehicle?

It's like a guy coming to work nude, and demanding the heat be turned up because he is cold.

>Are more difficult to see

Are you being serious?
How can you see a car but not a bike?
That's enough (YOU)'s from me, enjoy the rest of your afternoon or morning, as it were.

>the right to kill motorcycle riders

This is exactly what I've been saying!
Bikers, as you have demonstrated, have a hysterical fear of getting injured by evil "le cagers"
From talking about demanding car drivers babysit you, you immediately jump to "le cagers think they have a right to kill us!!!"

Are you literally going to claim that an object with maybe one fifth the frontal area of another larger object isn't more difficult to see?

LMAO

Why the fuck should truck drivers have to be more vigilant for car drivers?
This is exactly what i am talking about, cagers as you have demonstrated, have a hysterical fear of getting injured by evil "le truck drivers"
from talking about demanding truck drivers babysit you, you immediately jump to "le truck drivers think they have the right to kill us!!!"

Trucks should just be banned from the roads as they are a danger to us civil car drivers.

>The point being made is that motorcycles are more difficult to see, and require more vigilance.
You never said anything about that before.
Still, your point? Pedestrians are even harder to see, no one with half a brain would complain about that though.

Roads aren't made for cars only. No one forces you to drive. If you wanna drive try to not hit other vehicles.

Lmao, seems to me like you're the one behaving like a little bitch here, not bikers. Get out of here, clown.

>You can't spot anything other than a car on the road

Literally grey dawn tier.

If you can't see other vehicles you can't drive. No one warned you?

>Why the fuck should truck drivers have to be more vigilant for car drivers?

Please show me an image of a billboard telling truck drivers to watch out for cars.

I'll wait.

>are you literally going to claim a 5-6ft tall motorcycle with a light on the front of it is hard to see
are you literally blind or something?
bikes all have their lights on, most can't turn them off, how many cars drive around in daylight with their lights on?
sweet fuck all do, so who is easier to spot, the bike with its light on or the car with no lights on?

Anyway, time for dinner.

>im retarded so i was only trolling
why is this a common excuse for being retarded anyway?

Tbh it was fairly transparent and I've been waiting for my pork roast to be done.

Not him btw. It is easy to be or pretend to be ignorant, though lol jk is a fairly pathetic copout.

S E E T H I N G
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

It's funny how the moment he's accused of being a little bitch he doesn't respond anymore.

Go cry to your momma, bitch.

Is a cb500 shit?

What is wrong with your brain?

Do you live in Thailand or some hell hole where people drive like retards and that's okay?

No, its a good.

>writing report for semester-long project
>in LaTeX
>write for 2 hours, saving regularly
>open another file in vim
>go back to tex document
>it's fucking gone
WHAT THE FUCK
NOOOOOOOO

that's what you get for being a tryhard

It's what I get for not checking my changes into svn when I saved.
>last version is from 2 days ago before I completely restructured it
>60 pages so far, have to basically rewrite everything and add shit
>deadline is Monday
JUST

the city of LaTeX

Why should getting into a motor vehicle allow you to abdicate from your responsibility not to kill those in close proximity to you?

Why should truckers bother to avoid accidents with cars? People should just stop driving cars which are harder to see than massive trucks. Its their own damn fault.

What's the danger in putting a 150 width rear tire tire on a 180 rated bike?

Will probably be really unstable.

Also might rip off in a corner dunno

Riding these toys on the street is irresponsible and dangerous. People just aren't looking hard enough for stuff with such a small profile as a motorcycle. Grow up and get a car.

Do it and ride it sooper aggressively and record it to show us. What could possibly go wrong?

hi im here to reply because im fucking retarded

Driving these toys on the street is irresponsible and dangerous. People just aren't looking hard enough for stuff with such a small profile as a car. Grow up and get a truck.

Well, for one, the wheel is probably about an inch and a half too large to even mount a 150 properly.

If you had a wheel to swap in and it fit properly, you'd have less tire on the ground when riding. Turn-in would be quicker and require less effort. Geometry might be a little fucky, but not so drastic as some would lead you to believe. Bikes designed with a 180 typically are done so because of the power they put down. If all you do is put around town and go slow like everyone on this board, you'd probably never notice.

Don't bother telling him about contact patch, tire carcass profile, or wheel widths. Just tell him to do it and show us.

Some folks prefer informed degeneracy.
The only tire size change I advocate is going from 180/55 to a 180/60.

I'm going to be moving up from a YBR 125 to an R1200R, is that crazy?

Why though? Have you ever ridden a 600?

yeah, it was alright. If its 100hp and shaft drive though it can't be that much more powerful than what I was riding on my lessons/test.

Also it looks good.

Every bike is essentially the same if you don't go full retard on the controls. Incremental increases as you learn.

It has lots of torque and it's pretty heavy, but they're not the hardest to ride as they are relaxed.
Get a R1150R (Rockster) though.

A charging port/battery banks and a cheap chink Bluetooth intercom are godsend. I'd also highly suggest a cramp buster/cruise control lock of some sort.

Take lots of breaks, walk around and hydrate, etc. May consider a small bottle with some spare fuel, or just fill up excessively just to be safe

>Get a R1150R (Rockster) though.
>not as powerful
>even more heavy
>doesnt come with heated grips or fuel guage
>looks fucking stupid

literally why

>doesnt come with heated grips
But it does

>literally why
Because it's objectively the better bike. Unless you want common mechanical and electrical failures, then the R1200 is better.

>I'm a new rider(started a couple months ago) and I'm pretty confident in my control of my bike,
lol

No

Don't take risks and do interesting stuff so you can spend more time watching tv, working 5 days a week and talking to people you hate.

>mfw at least 5 bolts on bike missing and still haven't replaced all of them