Wargames General /wgg/

>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical wargames that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals. ARMA need not apply.

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Introduction to Steel Division:
paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam Tactics Downloads:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h
pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Teamspeak server
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Discord
discord.gg/Jyqq6tQ

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/cbbQvEP
discord.gg/Jyqq6tQ
store.steampowered.com/app/485980/Syrian_Warfare/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for reddit get OUT

Ree ecksdee

Xth for Wolverines are a waste of a card slot!

xth for ANIME!

If you're Scots.
2ID and 3AD need em.

karen a qt desu

but thats everything france gets

>Uncle Sam wants a 17 pounder but his mum won't let him

They get Wolverines in phase A

They get them Phase A so they're great for the frogs

The Discord in the OP is the wrong one

discord.gg/cbbQvEP
discord.gg/cbbQvEP
discord.gg/cbbQvEP

For a not dead Discord

>Discord
>discord.gg/Jyqq6tQ

WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO

ANIME DISCORD ALERT

PvP & coop scenario editor when?

SD is practically made for that shit, it'd be perfect.

lol

Prepay beta was a mistake. This content drought is killing me.

Maybe the small arms ones, but again, arguably so, and the FG42 part is extremely laughable.

JUST GIVE US THE CONTENT FROM THE CLOSED BETA ARRRGH EUGEN YOU KUKCS

21. Panzer when?

Wasnt it going to have mod support?

It'll probably get the ability to import 3d models and change sounds but actual proper mod support has about a 0% chance.

*yiffs*

Im not seeing reason to prevent custom maps and scenarios
unless paradox wants to sell everything including the smooth hairstyles for ace pilots
then there wouldnt be mod tools

Maps are apparently a huge pain in the ass on IrisZoom, I wouldn't expect map tools.

>banned for posting anime
lol

Banimed

do you get anything worth while in the deluxe edition of Steel division? Do the special units have higher veterancy or something?

No.
You get skins on some tanks.

wtf why would anyone buy it?

People are fucking retarded m8, are you new to vidya?

Still laughing at the idiots who bought Civ 6 Deluxe Edition before it was disclosed what's inside and a few months later realising that buying the game and all the DLCs separately would cost them less, fucking DLC preordering faggots.

Well they got a new nation for a few months that no one else got so for some people that's great value.

More like banned for being a huge faggot. You're not even playing wargames.

What's the counter for Avre in phase A, one fucker killed all of my AT guns with an avre and a churchill V

Le leddit butthurt about anime

Le weeb butthurt about being a fag
Maybe you should fuck off to /a/ if you're not playing wargames

this is why discord is a cancer.

Give me my leafs fucking now reeeeeeeeeee

Why? Because weebs are fucking manchildren?

>man
lol i'm female. In reality the discord is full of sad virgins.

You're like a child

That was for every preorder, you didn't need to buy the deluxe edition, ie preorder three DLCs before the game is released a)not knowing if the game isn't shit; b)not knowing what will be in those DLCs; c)not knowing what will be the price of the DLCs.

and you're an edgy teenager

wtf I love jack now

Does someone have that pic with every divison and the little description that shows up when you mouse over?

because this happens;
we don't need the thread filled with your discord wars bullshit.

>thread is already shit

Nice. Good job guys.

And Jack, fucking kill yourself. You were an annoying shit over at /simg/ because you always started stupid drama, and now you are doing it here.

You do realise it's all just one weeb who doesn't even play wargames

>one namedrop and that person is wholly responsible

Stop fucking the thread up with your drama bullshit you retard. Stop trying to be the center of attention everywhere you go

>ARMA need not apply.

Why? I don't see it having its own general

I guess this means SQUAD isn't welcome here either?

I'm literally not. Vast majority of my posts are on topic content to do with Steel Division...

SHUT THE FUCK UP THE LOT OF YOU

And appreciate just how fucking OP this shit looks..

Kill your self you idiot bong.

3CID and GAD will win against all Krautaboos

The better question is why would a shooter apply to a general about wargames

what the fuck why do they get them in all phases and so many of em i hate frogs so much

I'm pretty hpyed for the GAD desu.

I can't wait for my Fireflies to nig King Tigers and Wehraboos will cry rivers

>implying 1 Pancerna won't be the most OP division in Eugen history

>Phase A
>2 cards of 2 x m10's
>120 points each

Because a shooter can be a wargame?

Instead of playing an armchair general you're playing a grunt or an operator on the ground with a squad of people trying to work together

Arma is not a wargame

TIL Battlefield is a wargame.

t. omniscient, telepathic armchair generals

Nothing new here.

Yeah, that's how wargames work and that's one of the reasons why Call of Duty or whatever you are playing is not one.

>A wargame (also war game) is a strategy game that deals with military operations of various types, real or fictional. Wargaming is the hobby dedicated to the play of such games.

I wonder why the fusis are so expensive. Could be a fullsize squad, but then it should be in INF. Extreme range?

Would Phase A Achilles be considered too good or just overkill, considering that all this extra AP won't really do much against early German shit?

Yeah, desu all these Phase A meme tanks just seem to exist purely to hunt each other. I've been having a lot of success just buying more infantry and I imagine that'll continue even with the new divisions.

Banning Custard and Jack from this community would be a good thing. Jack is an a3g shitter and is always starting drama and trying to be the center of attention, and custard is a disgusting redditor that shitposts and starts drama whilst pretending not to. Don't forget that he started the whole gregposting shit.

Any of my senpaitachi in here got Graviteam: Tunisia yet? Unlocked on steam ~1 hour ago. This thread needs evaluations.

They have an expensive transport, it's just a 4-man squad with a bazooka.

Also, they've said on stream they've split M10 in Phase A into two cards of one in a more recent build.

And both are disgusting bongs. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Ignore it.
Report it.
Forget about it.
Nobody for the discord is doing this and none of us approve at all. We just wanted a good meeting point for pub games that wasn't teamspeak. I'm sorry the thread has to suffer.

>Nobody for the discord is doing this and none of us approve at all
Oh how wrong you are, disgusting faggot.
They are as bad as the Americans. Who would've guessed?

Do you buy firefly first or wait?
I held of yesterday untill just before phase B and was able to to manage.

>damage control

Only if I'm playing against 3AD, and even then not every game. Often an AT gun with a leader nearby will do just as a good a job.

Why not just namedrop more random people since we're so intent on accusing people who didn't do anything of ruining the thread

If only the fucking janny did his job hey?

You realize it's only Jack and Custard doing this right?

discordfags ruin every single general they come into contact with, why haven't you people fucking learned.

How do I into graviteam gaems famalams?

do the tutorials, and allow your shit to be pushed in for a while. you eventually get the ropes of it.

Ban the Bong.

no I mean if is there an order to play the games or if I should just play one game and avoid the others or somthing

mius is a good one to start with, generally. it's pretty well-refined and everything

They're not really sequential, just play the one that interests you the most in terms of setting.

Mius Front and their new Tunisia one are supposed to be the most user friendly.

Pretty sure Mius front is considered to have easier to learn UI, and is easier to get into.

Operation Star has more content overall, and is still an extremely good game.

Mius front doesn't have snow maps either, while Operation Star has a huge abundance (though two DLC's give eastern front summer, and three give summer in other conflicts) - the majority of eastern front scenarios are winter.

I started with Operation Star mainly because of the huge amount of content it has, and I don't regret my decision.

I'm assuming that Tunisia will be using similar UI to Mius front - it just is likely to be light on content until some DLC's come round.

thanks anons

>g43 better than the Garand
>Never mind, it's just bait.
As I said earlier, is it that much of a a "wrong" opinion? Lack of grenade launcher and bayonet aside (I don't recall/understand why the G43 lacks them), the G43 has better feeding system, a better action, IIRC they're also supposed to accept optics without modifications and be more accurate.

Has anyone played this yet?

store.steampowered.com/app/485980/Syrian_Warfare/

war is hell

No but looking at the reviews I feel compelled to go watch an LP and see what it's like.

This. Veeky Forums and TS/Discord should never mix. These """''"'people""""'" want all the attention and recognition you get on reddit, but still want to be cool and say they are ebin 4channers.

Oh wait, the two people that made this general are both frequent redditors. Really activating my almond.

Greg please

>leave /wgg/ for a few months
>come back hoping it would better after people had time to sort their shit out
>still full of literally high-school-tier interpersonal drama instead of wargames
Why doesn't everyone just go play some games based on historical conflict and then come back here to talk about them? That seems like it would be way more enjoyable for everyone.

WW2 is the littest war