Need advice from murifags...

Need advice from murifags, about to move to SF this Thursday from the EU so I'm looking for a car to get as soon as the plane lands.
Budget around 3-5k so what can I get for that?
It has to be rwd, never had anything else and I'm sticking with it.
What do you suggest?

A pro is cheap repair costs but not really that important.

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/honda-civic-lx-clean-title/6211144582.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/honda-civic-ex/6224123563.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>EU to SF

Wew friend

Why not take your car with you and just ship it over?

3k civic with a few simple mawds

If you're going to be an apartment loser in a big city, why do you need a car at all? Hire a truck when you need it otherwise ride a scooter or push buttons on your smartphone to hail a driver.

But if you really insist, get an early 00s F-150 or a early 00s Silverado. Road salt won't be an issue in CA, so the fuel pump modules won't give you any problems. Both have huge aftermarkets and plenty of people who know how to fix them.

It's not about the need, I just love cars and there is nothing better than exploring a new country in your own set of wheels.

Not really that fond of trucks, but since all muricans enjoy them they can't be that bad. Might as well give it a look.

Civic for 3k.

RWD is hard to find on passenger cars, OP. Maybe a granny sedan like an early 00s Crown Vic or whatever the Caprice turned into during the 00s would be RWD but almost everything else is FWD these days. Trucks have been more or less immune to the FWD cancer but even there (Ridgeline) it's speading.

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/honda-civic-lx-clean-title/6211144582.html

sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/honda-civic-ex/6224123563.html

if you want to experience a new country's roads get the fuck out of sf and go north

What body style do you prefer? Most RWD vehicles are either sports cars or foreign sedans/wagons, trucks and SUVs.
Since that's your budget I guess you don't mind buying used, so tell us what kind of car you're looking for

this. the backroads of Sonoma and Marin are where I learned to love driving. the roads of SF and the East Bay are where I learned to hate it

Let me get this right... You're moving from Europe to one of the most expensive cities in the world, and your car budget is $5,000?

And? If he was so inclined he can get a decent Lexus fr that price

He said RWD and dirt cheap to fix

I know what he said, I want further detail, faggot
>implying a sports car isn't easy to work on
>implying a truck isn't easy
>implying a sedan/wagon isn't easy to work on
Do you get the point yet?

Mustang or Crown Vic

If you are about to move to SF, your best of getting a Honda fit or a Toyota matrix or something like that.

Being from SF, manuals are a pain in the ass because of the hills but not undoable. Enjoy, it's a really fun city, I just was back visiting a few weeks ago.

Hills with a manual aren't an issue when you have torque
Mustang
Charger
300C
Camaro
Lexus GS300/400
Lexus LS400
Lexus IS300
Infiniti's
He's got a pretty decent supply especially around the Bay

2k corolla xrs the fastest corolla ever build.
350HP
0-60 in 2.5 sec
AWD

no, they aren't. but taking off on this isn't the most fun.

I agree with you though, if he needs RWD, a used lexus is his best bet.