/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online Genera

Happy B-day, you're 15 now and old enough to become a DLC Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/04/26/eso-morrowind-concept-artist-qanda-and-wallpaper
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/04/25/eso-morrowind---naryu-series
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/04/20/eso-morrowind--who-are-the-wardens-truly

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/138714024

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330377/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-10

>Latest PTS (public test server) patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/338733/pts-patch-notes-v3-0-1

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guidë]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
youtube.com/watch?v=5e0s91RmkAA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3FSzgEIcA&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>want to join a trade guild so I can actually make money
>too scared to even find a pve guild to run trials
At least I did my first dungeon today with the finder!

The autism in this game is real and crippling.

I'm only 200 CP now, I'll get there matey.

Thanks man, I am trying to get my midgame gear to progress and am only 3 days away from researching the traits.
At least by the time I do get the courage to join these things I will have something to bring.

Don't feel bad, I have near BiS gear on one of my characters, but outside of vet dungeons I don't have enough DPS to bring it to a trial without being a liability. Its to the point that I am leveling an alt that uses most of the same gear that I can switch over to them, and hopefully get the numbers that I need out of it to qualify. Several times I've been told that I need 35k DPS to be brought in as a dps so that mechanics can be avoided (in a "learning" group), and on my existing character I can only maintain 25k - 27k for maybe 45 seconds before I go out of mana and have to start conserving, hurting my overall DPS.

I'm looking forward to Morrowind lowering everyones DPS a bit and forcing people to do mechanics again. Might make it easier for people like me to get into a trial in the first place.

>PTS Maintenance delayed till Tomorrow
>Apparently means they can't publish the PTS notes till tomorrow either
FUCK

hello TESOG

>requesting character load
>for TEN FUCKING MINUTES
what the fuck is going on? surprise maintenance?

Hello user

I have seen stories like that so it's kinda putting me off of even attempting to get my VO gear.
I am to the point now where I am doing OK DPS(solo) and holding my resources so I feel like I won't bring any group down, at least that is how it seems in the public dungeons I ran solo. I don't run any DPS chart or have any numbers but I don't die and I help kill the bosses.
I don't know how bad the patch will affect me as I haven't really tried out the new stuff yet, but I have been trying out heavy attacking as I have seen.

Once they finally nerf sorcerers or whatever they're going to do, I'll get to get back into the game.
Sounds fun. Waiting.

Which morph for bow ult lads? I was thinking about going with the turret one since I was thinking I could reapply buffs & spam poison injector while the turret does it's thing.

The Flawless Dawnbreaker one.

ballista is the superior bow ult mutation
>flawless on the back bar
If use dawnbreaker of smiting if you are actually planning to cast it. flawless is used on main bar for the passive for equipping it.

>Several times I've been told that I need 35k DPS to be brought in as a dps so that mechanics can be avoided

That's a garbage lie and you should be wary of anyone who tells you that.

How much crit% do people have in azuras star? Should i wear impen in there

you should always wear impen in pvp

B-but muh divines m-muh sustain

Then why did /tesog/ lie to me last week?

Unless you're running necropet. Can't crit shields anyway.

You can't regen resources if you're dead.

a dead character has zero sustain

The majority have 100% since they're attacking from stealth

>vCoH1
>no deaths so far
>kill last two bosses
>stamblade loots divines heavy illambris helm
>my eyes go wide and my palms start to sweat
>he immediately leaves group
Enjoy your purple temper and ingot, faggot.

It's for his alt :^)

If he had any other characters he wouldn't be running vet dungeons on a stamblade. Then again he did seem like a total moron so maybe you're right.

At least it's CoH1, which is a short dungeon to re-run and not something like vVoM

I suppose so. I can't even imagine having to farm for Velidreth. This is the longest I've ever played the game and the rng bs is really irritating, but they haven't done anything about it at this point so I'm not expecting a change any time soon. Same goes for the barely working dungeon finder.

They keep saying they want some sort of token system, but it's at this point an empty promise. I think they secretly want to keep the gear grind

>Have grothdarr head and shoulders, both divines, both medium
>80 something keys (can't find my notebook with my results at the moment) to get the shoulders in divines
>Around 20 or 25 runs to get the helm in divines

Yeah, fuck grinding for it specifically. If I get either or in heavy divines, cool, but I'm not farming for it again, too many other things to do.

I'd have to agree with you. It would be a pretty easy thing to implement, but then people wouldn't be forced into running the same content hundreds of times.If it keeps people playing, it keeps them subbing. Similar to the reason why home storage won't be a thing either.

>Similar to the reason why home storage won't be a thing either.
But ESO members get DOUBLE bank next patch.

I know, and not having enough bank storage has never once been an issue for me. Just have one mule character to hold all that gear you MIGHT use someday that has a good trait. If you're subbed you have crafting bag and the extra bank space is pretty negligible.

But over at ZoS HQ everyone is patting themselves on the back for addressing the issue in the best way possible.

Having a furniture bag or something would be so much better and would take out some of the hassle of decorating your house

Magicka>Mana

Anyone who says otherwise is a lying scoundrel and probably a liberal too.

>Mana = seasoned pros, veterans of the MMO genre
>Magicka = sissy millennials lacking testicular fortitude

They could just uncap CP :^)

Is BSW getting its nerf in morrowind (10% chance to proc over 20%)? Even with that change, I still think that it would be a strong contender for BiS, with maybe scathing mage coming up behind it, for magicka dps. Asking because I have almost a full set in divines in purple, wondering if I should bite the bullet and gold it out.

How do you know what he recieved as drop? Is there any addon or something

Or rather, do this.

1. All item sets that come from dungeons/trials are replaced with a crafting station at the end of that dungeon or trial.

2. CP are uncapped. CP you can spend is 'capped' at having everything maxed out

3. The passive stat gain from CP is shifted to be from obtaining the CP, not spending it, so you can continue to grow your stats indefinitely, forever

4. EXP to hitpoint ratios of mobs are shifted such that higher exp rewards always come with an even higher hitpoint increase. This shifts the focus of grinding towards finding things you can quickly kill at optimal speeds, rather than the things with the highest exp reward. This keeps the combat nice and fast. This also encourages grouping, because those mobs that give double exp but which have 4 times the hitpoints, will die as fast to a group of 4 as they would to one person soloing them.

5. New zones are created, based on plains of oblivion. These are accessed through a portal system at a central location. They have very high mob density and a few world bosses. They are intended for groups. Access through the portals is based on your current CP. They are staggered, with a new zone opening up every so many CP. Once you have gone through the entire cycle of unlocking zones, the first one you unlocked changes to "zone_name II". They then sequentually upgrade to II in order. Once they are all II, it starts over with III. Each harder version is just the same zone with color pallet shifted mobs and higher exp reward and difficulty. They continue upgrading in this fashion forever. Unlocking the next zone becomes the eternal carrot on a stick, an obtainable short term goal to strive for. The diversity of oblivion plains keeps the scenery changing. That there are many which unlock sequentially mean you dont have to play in the latest one, if you really dislike one you can just skip it and play the previous untill the one after unlocks.

Yeah, an add-on that notifies you what they get.

>spying on other peoples drops

Why would you do this? It will only bring you suffering

Because if it drops in a dungeon and could be good for me then its basically mine. Why won't they just fucking give it to me.

I learned about it because I asked here a couple months ago. Got a piece of ebon armor that was BiS for my tank build, and the DPS demanded the armor piece for his alt because I wouldn't have been able to do the dungeon without his DPS.

No thanks, uncapped CP is the one thing I don't want to return.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3FSzgEIcA&t

Is the Bahraha's Curse set any good?

How I imagine everyone who thinks every drop in a dungeon belongs to them.

I've run both VoM and Mazzatan so many times for a sharpened damage staff, or even a sharpened sword from mazzatan that it caused my most recent burnout. Only looking at it again because someone suggested I check the beta for a dungeon token system, but I suspect it was a ruse.

If there was a token system it'd be in the patch notes to be honest

>2:20
>REEEEEEEEEEE

Depends, I think its good for certain tank builds and if you have other abilities that scale off Thaumaturge then it helps with the rune Bahrahas leaves.

It's kind of a pain to farm but its usually pretty cheap since its not one of the premier meta sets. I run 5 Bahrahas/5 Seducer and Sentinel on my NB tank and its pretty fun.

>being a casual

This is amazing.

Uh whats its name
Yeah it provides solid dmage. Can i trigger bahara proc with blazing shield

Any damage will proc it and its a really consistent proc. Good for NB/Templar tanks because it has the added snare as well.

Wonder if it works with tremorscale as well

Pretty sure it does, as tremorscale will proc other sets.

Maybe he did it for fun?

>tfw drinking cognac, snorthing snuff tobacco and launching ESO
How /comfy/ are you right now?

>vWGT
>DD don't know about Molag Kena's attacks are aoe, that they can roll trough the lighting lanes, or that the bubble phase in a dps race.

Wish I had some fucking patch notes to read.
>FG2 and any of the following happen
>Nobody kills one add to free the player bound
>People kill the spiders making the boss take like 10% of normal damage
>People get sent to the void zone and just chill there the entire time
>DPS/Tank complaining they aren't getting heals when everyone is being drained of all their magicka
>People having the final boss spawn puddles in the safe area and then running out during the beam attack and melting like ice cream in the sahara

>drunk off wine
>out of tobacco
Just running my maps now, nice and /comf/

Sad!

Alk*sh, p*werful assault, tava, dragonguard and other meme end game tank sets will die with morrowind hopefully. I mean tanks are literally babbysitting dps' and acting like off healers right now. Only exception is they taunt and block and grap spears.

I hope you are right, I think tanks could branch out a lot build wise but the current meta has pigeon holed them into being warhorn bots that sit blocking with an extreme focus on group utility since DPS are expected to be 100% DPS with no added utility.

With the sustain changes might see it break up a bit and have Tanks/Healers branch out more to help with damage as well as utility and DPS bringing their own utility to the fold. Probably not because DPS hate doing not DPS things

>Wayrest 1 normal
>Healer is level 46, I'm 30 (with 350 CP)
>Tank is level 21, other DPS is 23
>Tank is twh-handing almost the whole time
>Other DPS is a nightblade that only uses bow light attacks, stealths through the whole dungeon
>As soon as we get in, healer goes "big pulls pls"
>Runs off before I can even grab the quest (first time in on this alt)
>Pulls the whole first room, skeevers mostly, no big deal
>Tank does nothing but break the groups apart
>Healer heal tanks all the pulls
>First boss, tank switches to a one hadn a shield
>Proceeds to pull the boss out of my AoEs as soon as I put them down
>Maybe they saw blockade of fire and thought bad, I don't know
>Healer pulls all of the soldier adds to the next boss
>Have to burn an ultimate to kill them all
>Again, tank pulls boss out of my AoEs every time I put them down
>Healer pulls all of the adds up to the enxt boss, the one that fears
>Group goes and fucks with the adds that they didn't take the time to kill, I end up tanking the boss myself with funnel health
>Healer pulls all of the enemies to the final boss, again have to burn an ultimate
>Again on the final boss, tank pulls them out of my AoEs, just give up and spam funnel health, cripple, and force pulse until execute phase
>Boss falls, tank talks, for the first time, "Could have gone faster", leaves the group

>Running CoH as DPS
>Ebon gauntlets drop
>party members start asking about wanting some Ebon drops
>Keep it, put it in my bank

>whenever you zone into a dungeon and have more health than the tank
>Tank is nothing but a DPS trying to skip queues and hoping the group will carry his shitter ass

kek

I love this kind of stuff

That was the worst part. I run frothgarr on my alt for the health and regen, with a health enchant on my chest and legs, and I had 8k more health than the tank, as a magicka DPS.

I guess fuck you thats why.
Just run it again :^)

>and again and again and again ad infinitum

>Never got infused ebon chest, gave up and settled for sturdy

I'm a complete beginner to ESO and MMO's in general is their any good vid i should watch or text I should read before playing?

How is the end game content in this game?

Step 1. Make a bosmer.
Step 2. Cute!

Depends on what you want to do. There is the typical dungeons, vet versions of the dungeons and hard modes of those, trials (raids), vet versions and hard modes of those. There are also arenas that pit your group against waves of enemies and bosses for unique loot. There is veteran maelstrom arena, a solo trial that has a chance to give you potentially the best weapons in the game, depending on your build. There are also dailies for world bosses in the zone, the guilds, dark brotherhood, thieves guild, etc.

>Endgame
What did he mean by this?

The strength the game has is that there is an awful lot of different things to do. None of the individual things are really that remarkable, but its all decent. Particularly if you like pvp and spend some time in cyrodiil its basically impossible to run out of stuff to do.

Check out the OP

cheers

>mfw reading 100 pages to play a game
But yea I'll try to read it

the only thing you should know before starting is put all your points in either stamina or magicka, nothing in health
the rest you can figure it yourself while playing

desu unless you're planning to play it with other people right out of the gate, you may as well play it like any other Elder Scrolls game for the first 600 hours. There's nothing you do that can't be changed or fixed later outside of your decisions at the very end of the mage's guild quest-line that will permanently affect your character.

Join the /tesog/ guild on your platform and just ask in the chat or here if you wonder something.

>Join the /tesog/ guild
I'm a complete noob people will laugh at my ignorance

they will be helpful too though

Is dunmer sorcerer a good starter? I like summoning shit