Is an electric bike the ultimate vehicle? I know that only pretentious bearded faggots own stuff like this...

Is an electric bike the ultimate vehicle? I know that only pretentious bearded faggots own stuff like this, but think about it:

>can ride it on the sidewalk, the road, the wrong way, across the street, through pedestrian zones, etc
>highly portable, can be transported by a car or on a bus or train
>no safety regulations
>no inspections
>no registration
>no insurance
>cheap to own, maintain and ride

Now I know that at least in Europe the law requires production electric bikes to provide boost only under 25 kph, but there's no reason you couldn't mod or create a custom system that bypasses that requirement. Who the fuck is gonna check?

And then there's of course rain and snow, but well...

Other than that it's the ultimate vehicle to avoid the traffic jews.

You can't ride electric bikes on mtb trails, so thats a huge pain in the ass, besides, if you simply mod an existing bike, you don't even need to follow the 25 kph rule, there are certain kits for this, and if you ever want to shred you just need to bolt it off

>europe
>ride sidewalk, wrong way and predestrian zones
Are you a rapefugee?
>no safety regulations
Working brakes, lights and bell required, will probably be increased
>no checking sub 25kmh bikes
The police is already very active in checking the speed limiters on sub 25kmh mopeds

>take bycicle
>light, easy, great because it's powered by a super efficient machine
>that would be you
>strap a fuckton of batteries and a motor on that bitch
>make it 100kg heavy
>it's unrideable without battery power
>you now have a mediocre and gay motorbike

lol no, people just blast downhills on brakeless bmx bikes and cops don't give a shit

What fucking police state do you live in? In Croatia the cyclists are royalty, they can ride everywhere and nobody would give a shit.

Oh, and nobody is required to have bells, lights or helmets. Maybe they are by law, but no policeman in Croatia has ever stopped a cyclist for breaking traffic laws.

>it's unrideable without battery power
think about what you are saying dumbass, do you even understand how electric motors work? pedalling recharge batteries

good god, sure is summer

electric bikes are Veeky Forums related :v)

Electric bicycle maybe weights 30kg with 200km range.
Netherlands, bicycles are so common here that they are responsible for most accidents involving pedestrians.
Before ww2 they needed plates and insurance.
Why would you want to allow Tyrone to ride one without brakes?
Or without lights? You're responsible for hitting him at night even though you couldn't see him. If he doesn't have lights it's automatically his fault here

They are dangerous. Nobody can hear you. I personally like EVs but wouldn't ride an EV bicycle. It's too dangerous.

Dutch probably. I agree with him.

>Croatia

Nobody cares about how you do things in your shithole country.

Anyone know any good kits?

You can't hear regular bicycles either.

>30kg
>200km range
your metrics are completely off
you wont see anywhere near 200km range even if you spend top dollar, maybe 100
an ebike that weighs 30kg is going to have dogshit range, mine weighs well over 100 pounds with several battery packs and won't get a 3 digit range, can't see how you can claim a 30kg ebike would get such a ludicrous number

>Why would you want to allow Tyrone to ride one without brakes?
>Or without lights? You're responsible for hitting him at night even though you couldn't see him. If he doesn't have lights it's automatically his fault here

Accidents on bicycles here don't really happen at all, but if they do happen, you can always make a deal with the other person. Or they can be a giant douche, but who cares. Involving insurance into a bicycle accident is just silly. Besides, New Hampshire doesn't require people to even insure their cars, and they're doing just fine.

Flat road, low speeds, lightweight frame, non pigfat rider, brand new model for "only" 1000€

>1000
>top dollar
nigger you are a bottom tier ebike at anything below 3000, and thats not buying prebuilt shit either, a 1000 dollar kit won't get you anywhere either.

Insurance was pre ww2, read more carefully. And the Netherlands has a lot more people per square whatever than any part of the US

I've thought about a DIY electric bike. I ride my motorcycle a lot but and my mountain bike occasionally to keep in shape, but there are a lot of areas and situations that an electric bike would be perfect for.
I would never buy a new ebike though. My motorcycle, in great condition and low miles was only $2000. That's what deters me from buying nice bicycles even though I'd like one.

you blithering idiot I was talking about the fact it's shit when you ride it without battery power, it becomes a fat useless piece of junk that only works in the city if you have to do a planned route that doesnt require recharging

it looks like you've never actually ridden an ebike
ebikes do not having recharging pedal cycling, they have brake regen and thats it

which is worse than having a 2kg race bike that probably costs the same but with a range that depends on you, so if you're Veeky Forums and in a plain it can get over 300km in one day and is definitely more rewarding

back in ol' italy if you're on a bycicle you can do everything with one simple rule: if you cause damage it's on you, so everyone rides like crazy but it somewhat works for me

>not buying a single left-over display model with a replaced battery
Those are dirt cheap since only elderly couple buy them, and want two exactly the same
I don't know if the advertised range is accurate, my aunt bought it
The average ebike owner is not fit at all, they're 80+ and generally had their license revoked because their reaction time went to shit

can we take this moment to talk about how retarded the English are when it comes to bike rules. You can only ride them on roads and designated cycle paths. It's so bad their professional mountain bike team need to come to Scotland to practice.

advertised range is never accurate, and its a good idea to subtract about .01% of battery life every time you charge it from 0 to 100% battery
moreso older ebike batteries have much less total charge cycles on them, a modern ebike kit will probably have a 10,000 charge cycle, my older battery is only 3000, which i've already gone well past, and the battery only holds about 75% battery after several years.

>Is an electric bike the ultimate vehicle?
I just like the idea that it's a bicycle I can finally ride uphill without huffing and puffing because I will turn on the battery assist. Otherwise, I would just pedal normally. I live in a hilly area, so the battery would get used plenty.

The only problem is avoiding theft. Every place one can go, there are people who have bolt cutters in that area.

It would need to go at least 80 km/h to be a viable DD. Maybe it would be good if you lived in the heart of a busy city.

Conversion kits exist

They look fun, but the entry price is 3 grand and bike theft is too common, especially for a bike that expensive, to use one for anything but joyriding. Beside I only have at best 6 months where the weather would be good enough to use one. Maybe if I have enough money one day I will buy one as a toy. Also the 25km/h limit is shit, but I am sure the firmware can easily be cracked.

If the weather was stable and we also didnt have snow from October to April I could see a lot more people using an e-bike instead of their cars to get to work

A coworker has a nice one, he's commuting just as fast as by car and has it modified to do about 45kph - I'm kinda jelly but at almost 3k€ it wasn't much cheaper than my motorbike (which is also less likely to get stolen)