/ng/ - Nioh General

Dragon of the North Edition
DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Don't let it die, lads.

anyone have a snow fox kabuto they are willing to drop?

Preparing to be completely fucked in PvP since I'm a living weapon spammer.

So are we expecting the DLC tomorrow at update time or tonight at midnight?

It's out now (UK)

Do we know the stats on the odachi yet?

Fuku, Tome, Gin - 90K
Okatsu - 120K
Fucking hell, I hoped I could run through the DLC as a cute girl the first time around.

Holy fuck, I just noticed I now have 115 Sammy points to spend and there's new shit to buy with it.

Has there been any word on how PvP works, like if it's just an arena you select from the overworld, if there's anything like level matching, etc.

So the DLC is endgame content right? I'm nowhere near the end of the game, so Im wondering if I'm better off waiting to see if the season pass goes on sale again

All spirits have a new bonus. Check the bottom of the spirit status to see it. My Genbu gives 4.8 weapon weakening chance now.

i bought tome, but now im broke

I'm gonna assume this 6.3gb patch is the DLC

We back boys, how shit is the PvP?

>he didn't respec into something non reliant on LW
Who here excited for new weapons?

Wow, team Ninja is doing everything they can to make me not want to play this. Stop fucking gimping us, we can gimp ourselves if we want a challenge.

wut?

USA boys, where's the solo content in the psn store? I only see the season pass.

Unbalanced, as expected. Doesn't appear to take your gear into account.

>doesn't take gear into account
So does this mean if I pop up in PvP with 160 +10 gear and some schmuck comes in with their new 150 gear I'll end up akin to a miniboss?

Its not up yet, might drop in an hour or so

Now the game wont let me play PvP. Did the servers go down or something?

You think if people who already have the new update just buy the dlc license in the store we won't have to wait for the dlc to download? Because if not that fucking sucks balls

There shouldn't be anything else to download. The patch contains everything, buying the DLC will just unlock the content for you account

Soooo...... how's PvP guys?
What's the tier list looking like?
What's the cancer looking like?

>tfw train home takes 2 hours
I'm almost there guys. Wish me a safe trip.

>kill a revenant
>drops a pair of pants that have soul match cost reduction 80% on them
any of you lads found any other new enchants?

I just nudged a guy off the stage right when he revived with quick change. I cant tell if I bumped him off midair, or I bumped his body mid death and that changed hid spawn point, but it might be exploitable.

how do I play 2v2 with a friend

Should've saved a recording

Close Combat Damage to enemies who are Blustered, Muddied, Electrified. Scorched and Saturated + Status Ailment Augmentation (Enemy Saturated) so far on weapons. I also rolled a useless Ki+4 on boots to Bonus After Purification (Auto-Recovery.). It's a cute little HP regen. Oh, and Life Recovery on Timely Guard on gloves.

Where can I download the DLC? I got the season pass but nothing on the PS store is even signaling that there it'll be released.
Also, I've kind of neglected this game after getting the plat, what's to come? Is my Kingo backstab build useless now? What are some of the major changes that have happened in patches?

Kingo is still bretty gud

PvP seems to be very gear dependent. Kusarigama and 2kat dominate as expected. Axe is adorably useless against anyone who can dodge unless in duo settings. Odachi seems to have very potent guard break and a damage boost on zero ki foes for the grapple, but that won't matter much unless you block everything instead of dodging the slow windup.

At the title screen, there should be a way to take you straight to the store where it is. Or it's just not released in your region, but I doubt it.

>tfw to inteligent to PvP

I'm Eastern Time, still not seeing a thing.
AAAAHH

>PvP is shit
>almost everyone using the same build/weapon

And you're surprised at this?

Oh god Tome's battle cries are too cute. I knew I mained axe for a reason.

Its a shame cause I played through the game with nothing but axe, doesnt seem viable at all

What does the new DLC bring?

is it possible to get a katan or an axe change attack stamina? I have 99 thats going to waste..

Itll probbaly unlock at 2am or whatever time daily resets and shit happen

I've solo'd a few 2kats with axe, the trick is to punish their offense with some super armored attacks and midstance swipes. Bait them into thinking they can just dash in and attack, then hit them with Stone Mallet or Rumbling Earth. Genbu, Onmyo and Tatenashi makes me very hard to kill in a 1v1 unless they pop LW.

>Catholics
REEEEEEE

yay I'm top 100 on the ladder for the first and last time

I bought the season pass and the game is acting like i do not own the DLC. What the fuck is going on.

are the boosts granted by the new upgrade stones only useable in pvp?

Not sure if man or woman

It's a bug that happens. Just close the game and start it up until it finally registers.

Did you get the DLC to unlock the content?

For some reason the game refuses to connect to the servers after 2 pvp fights. I have to reset the game to get it to work again. Anyone else have this issue?

how come sometimes right after I kill someone in pvp they drop from the sky? Just happened and then they killed me and I lost the round.

Sure they haven't used Quick Change scrolls?

Quick change scroll. Back away, they will usually follow up with a plunging attack, but you might be able to catch them on the way down with an attack.

they buff a lot, and come back with about half health

So is it out yet or when?

Out is Europe, I think amerifats are still left hanging.

>dlc isn't out yet in NA

It's a ninja skill that respawns you with 1hp when you die.

Yeah, i can confirm that, the game acts like you don't own the dlc. Guess we have to wait for some dumbass at tecmo koei to push the "hey you can play" button.

So even though im updating it to 1.07 now I can't do the dlc until the morning?

Do they not scale stats in PvP? Just did a few fights where I barely took any damage and one shot the other team.

Hey, at least we can PvP in the meantime, i guess.

whoo, 50k honor from pvp today, just 15-20 more wins and ill get my waifu skin

Seems like they do but it's not very noticeable, what level are you? I'm 175 and everything seems fine so far.

>those snakehead enemies

Am I going to want to get to max level before patching or will it take the same amount of time to get to max level as it would pre patch?

>Am I going to want to get to max level before patching or will it take the same amount of time to get to max level as it would pre patch?

You get nerfed down lel

I just went on the store and clicked download on the DLC page.

>90,000 glory for the female skins

2.5k glory per PvP win. Git to it.

Is max level still achievable? Do you get tons of amrita in WotD?

>Doing PvP

I'd rather castrate myself.

If you haven't bought the DLC, can you still get all the new gear through revenants?

The update has the DLC in it, so presumably yes.

What the fuck is this ninjutsu auto ressurection shit in PvP? It fucking triggers three to four time every 2v2. Fucking ruins the whole thing.

oh fuck I didn't realize we were back already
what the fuck is going on with the NA release
are they putting it up at the end of the hour to correspond with 12 AM PST or are they just going to roll it out normally tomorrow

>don't remember how to play at all
>get killed in all pvp matches

>all my gear that said damage from behind
>now says defense from behind
so I should just reroll that righht?

Its always worked that way you mong.

>2 am
>STILL dlc release on NA

was meant for

holy shit there is a weigh reduction attribute now, obsidian and tateneshi are now usable I believe

Does honor you won scale to their level?

Now that pvp is out, will /ourguy/ oroboros play it?

no I used to be able to 3 shot ogres from behind

Maybe, i got 4k off a 2v2 fight.

frosty & peeve only

YEAHHHHH BOYYYY

Only damage from behind on weapons and kingos set and the bat spirit actually raised damage.

"damage from behind" on armor rolls and accessories have always reduced damage taken, not dealt

Sword of execution was nerfed a while back, so whats why you dont do as much now

Why take a photo when you have a screenshot feature?