Other urls found in this thread:

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12004.0
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10046.435
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12110.0
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11997
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>nothing in the OP

[REEEEEEEEEEEEEDACTED]

What do I do with survey data? Just sell it where ever or can I turn it in for rep?

sell it to tritachs

>try to use salamander missiles
>fire them
>enemy PD shoots them down perfectly, ever time
>enemy uses salamander missiles
>my PD is blind as fuck, couldn't hit a flying fucking barn if it came screaming at the ship
>missiles inevitably hit engines no matter what fancy flying is employed
>half-hour flameout ensues
Ban salamander.

Aurora is super solid as a.high tech ship.
Modest weapons for a cruiser, fast, well shielded and lots of flux.

user wasn't kidding around, these fucks are anti-frigates as fuck

And give your cores to Tri-Tach as well.

Don't forget to take their derelict scan missions, and in fact why don't you just get a commission with them while you're at it?
It's the smart choice.

>on laptop because retard
>shield never deploys because touchpad rightclick is garbage
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyone have that mod with the smaller gun graphics?

Wolf (SNT) is also a good frigate killer due to how annoying the drone is. It's weapons consume no flux, only it's shield does, and it has 1000 flux with 1.00 efficiency.

>assault chaingun
>safety overrides
thats the stuff, my son

That's what I plan. Haven't played in a year so my old saves with my glorious paragon are dead so I want it back. Is why I ask if I can get rep with the data. When can I get a commission because I think that's new to me as well. I only remember having to build rep to buy the shit.

It really is. Tri-tach has the best ships. As the player, you need the hi-tech ships. You don't have the privilege of having infinity ships with no concept of loss like the AI. They can field 20 unshielded frigates and not care a jot how many go down.
You need Tri-Tachyon's hi-tech stuff to even that shit out. That's simply how it is.

>tfw you don't want to throw away loot
>too slow
>get raided by pirates
>even more loot

>/stsg/
>not /starg/ or /stag/

Safety overrides is a meme.

The reduced peak time will kill your fleet in combat.

Those don't make any sense.

you don't use it on the whole fleet, obviously. I just have this guy rigged up with safety overrides so he can run around and facefuck frigates for a few minutes, and then if the battle lasts longer than that I order it to retreat.

>fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12004.0

>>>someone thought this shit was worth showing

my sides have been destroyed

>those ships
>those portraits

it's good on the beginning when you're going solo frigate and want to get edge on enemy ships.

Those are some edgy ships.

pls don't bully

Those are some Mii-verse tier avatars.

On another note, Diable is out, just incase people missed it.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10046.435

>offer to hire /her/
did you just assume my pronouns, shitlord?

Dev-mode controlling the Wanzers is a fantastic feeling.

9th grade/10

I cant get the 1GB ram fix to work. Changing the ymparams thing won't let me start the game at all and I followed the instructions with changing flash?

Why does the ingame description for ion pulsers just say "What a mess."?

Open starsector.log in the starsector-core folder and check there that your JRE 64 bits, and version 7

Seriously, there should be a rudimentary pastebin by this point.

okay got it to work (I think), just used JRE7 instead of newest and with new ymparams with 2g-4g RAM

Added Neutrino and Diables, TIME TO RAPE PIRATES

He probably just added the portrait entry to the wrong section

It's really easy to do by accident.

*slows down time*
nothin personnel...kid...

>toki wo tomare

>In combat, this officer is aggresive to a fault, often disregarding the safety of their ship entirely in an effort to engage the enemy.

is this hyperbole or are reckless officers 'blow up their own ship: the personality type'

I wonder what a 3D model of the Oddysey would look like.

It's a really strange shaped ship.

Doubled all weapon ranges, not really sure about it.
Combat feels more reel but missiles are borderline useless against PD.

how much does it cost to remove D mods on a Lasher D? costs 7k to buy, like 10k for a normal, can't be that expensive right?

because they're useless

restoring a ship costs more than buying a pristine hull. you should really only be restoring rare ships that you can't otherwise buy undamaged versions of.

>25k

not worth it desu im not a pleb who uses shit ships

Then go back over it and reduce PD range. Point-defense wouldn't be that long-range, anyway. It's got to be short-range and focused.

asymmetrical ballz

D'oh.
Doing that then.

>equip Reaper
>AI never uses
>finally uses it
>big boom
hehehehehe

they aren't that bad, they're just bad at fighting fleets without support

Will there be a hotfix to fix these crazy, homicidal motherfucker salvagers?

>implying you don't deserve it for flying around with your fuel titties out like a space whore

Diable updated

the fuck is a orbital habitat

It's a habitat in orbit.

what in the fuck is this

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12110.0

I'm a new player who just got done with the tutorial. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing now. Can anyone point me in a direction?

I wish there was an anti-shield fighter as fast as Claw. Them + Broadswords completely fuck things, but I always lose a couple claws before the broadswords actually get there.

phase ships are super fucking annoying with the AI
>hur i wont fight u until my phase is off cooldown

>add new mod
>need to redo tutorial
Who thought this was funny needs to be shot

What mod did you install, I've installed a few but never needed to redo the tutorial

Why is shadowyards such a pain to fight?
If you shields are low for some reason you can instantly lose engines and armor, and then all those ships with burn drives to get out of danger

Anything with mobility is complete fucking aids in this game because the AI has defense as the #1 priority. You will literally never have a fun fight against Luddic Path because even if you have them beat they'll just run away at 250 speed until their fucking engines burn out.

What's the logic behind what music plays?
I added a bunch of music using audioplus as an example and only 2 songs play, seemingly based on my location in the universe, but I have 4 set up to play.

Can someone give me some advice on equipping ships?

I've just been using auto loadout because I can't figure out what to actually do. Same with ships. I just grabbed a Mule because it seemed decent for a cheap ship at the start of the game.

I usually just use lasers and missiles. Ships that don't support my style get culled in the heat of battle.

What faction the market you're interacting with is influences the background music, and so does what faction the fleet you're interacting with is.

markets need to be bigger, it's dumb that a single person (me) can buy out all the supplies and I don't even have cruisers or a big fleet

Make money. Go kill things. Explore. Not necessarily in that order.

>pirate dominator cruiser

3 condors bitch

>10 seconds after a mora class pirate armada fights me

o-okay
>we won

Sex and romance mod when

what a fucking bossfight

Check the market size before you jump to a planet. At 7 they will have more than enough to restock.

Speaking of, is there a 7 or larger independant planet?

I wouldn't be surprised if Moras become less sturdy in the next update, they're monstrous right now.

>get jumped by 3 mora, 2 aurora fleet

Fuck I took a beating. Got to salvage some aurorai though.

When you mod it.

Damper field on carrier(damper fields are annoying as hell anyway) that spawn unlimited fighters.
Had fight against 2 moras with some trashcans with my Falcon, flak Hammerhead and 6 wolves/lashers and a condor and get wiped.
6 Talons was too much and I not even dent them as Moras where always on 100%(at worse at 95%) replacement rate.
This is bullshit.

>while the scan find no overt contraband, the quantity of cargo found, combined with indirect evidence of your prior black market activities, is enough to raise suspicions

What do you edit to change weapon ranges?

I want to increase range of everything by 1.5x

Starsector\starsector-core\data\weapons\weapon_data.csv

Some behaviour options would be nice

Like setting a unit to be aggressive (or giving it an aggressive officer) so they'll actually take some calculated risks.

I guess I'd also have to edit the same thing in all the different mod folders too

are the silent armada and the outer rim alliance good mods or they are inbalanced?

no the worst ive's seen

shit design is ass. the ship artwork i've seen can be worke by turning colours more opaque and adding a couple filters.

but his design, god almighty, it's shit.

give him legit criticism, we need more modders.

Needs more edge.

Don't forget to increase projectile speed

New update v1.5

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11997

If I wanted to change spacefighters without changing any stats, would it be as simple as a sprite swap?

Still needs a secret dragon dildo ship, or a mass- missile pantsu.

but neither of those are gundams user

>only one ship
>nine "fighters"

Nah.

>get this message
>all i did was buy a ship or two

>buying high tech cruisers and tactical missiles is no big deal but buying a handgun is

like a blue dog penis with a lot of tumors

Why do you want ships on the gundam mod?

does this out anime approlgiht

I don't believe so, desu at the moment the isaribi might be a bit weak but I'll wait on feedback for that. The MS' however might need a tiny nerf in damage.

now when I get to the gundams they might end up pretty anime

nothing can out-anime approlight

>heavy brawler with engine injection
Nice

mod where every ship is super powerful when

Fixed a small bug for the Isaribi where it had two launch bays counted as one and would cause the ship to not move, redownload for the fixed version.