How hard would it be to swap in a Porsche's boxer 6 cyl into a Toyobaru in order to have more power but retain the cool...

How hard would it be to swap in a Porsche's boxer 6 cyl into a Toyobaru in order to have more power but retain the cool low-gravity-center driving characteristics?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_engines#Subaru_EZ_engine
speedhunters.com/2015/01/kiwi-flavoured-lemon-jun-synergy-brz-v8/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

come on, has nobody really thought about this?

cause EJ20/25 or what ever the new boxer 2.0 turbo is now in the latest WRX would be probably a more logical choice.

Also seem to be solid formula for making power with the old EJ20/25.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_engines#Subaru_EZ_engine

Idiot.

no.
It would be extremely hard. a porsche engine is situated in a completely different sized and positioned engine bay. Alot of work would need to be done on things like the intake, exhaust and gearbox to make it work.

V8's, I6's, V6's, I4's and rotaries all fit in the bay a hell of a lot easier than even the stock engine did and withot ruining the balance like a flat 6 would. low COG from an engine point of view really isn't worth much when fitting the whole engine behind the front axle is much more beneficial.

The toyota GR V6 is the perfect motor for this car

why swap a porsche engine in when you could swap an EJ20TT or an EZ engine in.

This guy gets it

GT86 hood is long enough to accept an I6 comfortably, the problem was never length but width. The boxer was a bad start point, even with COG considered. Should have been I4 from the get go

>inb4 I6 2jz rb26 meme

Stupid idea. The bolt pattern for the transmission is entirely different and good luck finding a transmission for a porch that is for FR instead of RR.

The 928

>no one wants to put a i4 N/A that revs to 11,000 in a GT86

Thats a v8 is it even the same transmission bolt pattern as the H6? You can get someone to make you a driveshaft and possibly use the same differential or just go to a ford differential.

The 928 has a transaxel, so good luck mounting that in a toyobaru.
And it uses an ancient volkswagen bell housing bolt pattern

$50,000 and a couple weekends

why stop at 4 cylinders?

A v8 made from 2 motorbike engines can rev slightly higher

speedhunters.com/2015/01/kiwi-flavoured-lemon-jun-synergy-brz-v8/

Shit idea for a car you have more horsepower but end up with the same torque. Which you need torque in a car because they weigh a shit ton compared to a bike.

This post got me thinking, would some kind of rotary swap be okay in this car? I'd imagine cooling would be a big issue from the get go

>removing a meme engines and putting in a bigger meme

>low COG from an engine point of view really isn't worth much
Idiot.

Than the bonnet would need to be much taller to comply with crash test standards.

Don't even get me sperging on how shit the rotary is.

I'll take idiots who don't understand gearing for $1000.

You underestimate my autism

Quit with the COG meme there pretty close to any other engine by the time the exhaust headers go on and then the wet sump. You are right about fitting it behind the front axles though.

> 356hp at 10,300rpm and 271Nm at 8,000rpm. The redline? 11,600rpm.
>absolutly_erect.jpg

i wasnt set on 4cyl i was just thinking about stuff like high revving honda engines as it'd be cheaper than this godmobile you've linked.

>jun

neat, haven't heard about them in a while

Why would cooling be an issue? The RX7's and RX8's don't have a major problem with cooling so using the same system and a similar sized rad would mean no problems.

Nothing in these is bolt on other then maybe other subaru engines. you would have the same problems as any other swap, finding the trans, fabbing mounts, wiring, fuelling, driveshaft, etc. No swap will be easier then any other but soe may be more appropriate.

Subarus don't have that much lower COG anyway as expalined by user
Sure Lower COG is better for everything but an engine is pretty low in the car and won't effect the cars overall COG as much as you think. As i said, fitting the engine completely behind the axle is wayyyyyy more important and the boxer is a surprisingly long engine.

There are kits to swap K series motors into miatas so I wouldn't be surprised if there are kits for the GT86/BRZ.
I think a V6 would be more appropriate though. These cars don't weigh much but they weigh more than an NA or NB miata so a little extra torque is useful. J series honda or GR toyota V6 would be perfect

>2GR-FSE
>311HP
>278 lb-ft

>think Toyobaru got a better low-gravity-center than a Cayman
kek

>How hard would it be to swap in a Porsche's boxer 6 cyl into a Toyobaru
You can't take the engine out of the back of a Porsche and put it in the front of a Toyota. You might be able to make it work somehow, but it will never, and I mean NEVER, be practical or even better than the stock engine.

If you want a Porsche engine in a small, lightweight sports car, buy a Cayman, it's infinitely cheaper, simpler and better than the proposed swap.