/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Expectations vs. Reality Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Callback Campaign
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>FFXiV Amazon Promotion April 25th - May 8th
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/88d7bde755680b54588da68b55120b58004694f1

>Patch 3.57 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7ee22ba181fbc53f3579bb5d97e21a459f2ab5b3

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/FrMKVE4K

Last time on /xivg/:

first post for no autismo spam and also loving each other (no erp pls)

How else will we love one another user~

do not publicly try to erp, it's ugly.

best botting program for xiv? used to use basabots but idk wtf happened to the creator of that seems he went awol. havent played in a year so kind of lost on what's being used now. rebornbuddy seems kind of shit and a hassle, any other good alternatives out there? anyone have any experience with miqobot?

So do you think they'll bring back the ranger poses for the summer event? Or will I have to shell out yoshibucks for those damn things?

Man, the benchmark has filled me with hype but we're still too gosh darn far away.

the second one

I'd say you're gonna have to shell out the money for them. That seems to be the track-record and I don't know why they'd change it.

Good morning /xvig/, how's the preparations for Stormblood going?

MMOminion seems really good and has pretty extensive GUI for a lot of the profiles that make it easier to use than RebornBuddy.

Pretty good. All gatherers are almost 60. How's your womb coming along from last nights cervix smashing?

Pretty much prepared. Just making gil now

Low-key reeeee.

Slowly but surely figuring out what sells and effort vs. returns. I just might be able to buy a house at this rate, though it's unlikely since I'm on Balmung. Hope springs eternal.

>actually botting in this game

use rebornbuddy

Any word on new hairstyles? I'd love more styles that don't clip through armor.

>tfw don't bot
>can't help but feel defeated whenever I see bots gathering things I do

not looking so good for me

Bots and RMT are why gatherables mean nothing to the average man. :ok_hand:

I only need to get about four more upgrade items and I should have everything I need for gear for a level 60 SAM.

Aside from that, just getting AST to level 60 for the hell of it, doing fishing when it the opportunity arises, and trying to make money whenever I can.

>see the same botters gathering the same things you do
>been months and they're not banned
This actually upsets me quite a lot, they turn down the price of the things I make a living of because they get so much of it by not even playing the game.

Sad!

you're a cuck for crafters anyway. you think you're making money but crafters buy up your cheap labor for 20k then sell it for 30-60 times as much.

O-oh... I guess this is going to take a while then.

buying house in balmung lavender beds pst

I don't care, I only need enough to be able to buy a house.
I've made nearly 60m by just gathering stuff and I find the endgame crafting in this game way too obnoxious...as I do with the collectable shit.

Speaking of collectables, are we still getting that shit in Stormblood?

how do you check how long you've been in a free company? is your join date recorded anywhere?

Real crafters don't buy from gatherers, they gather their own shit then craft and sell that off at a hugely inflated price

I figure we're getting collectibles and there'll probably be a lot more stuff similar to Zhloe. She was definitely a test-bed for more stuff related to a deeper system for collectible deliveries.

I like that it gave all of the current jobs something to get hype about. A little disappointed that nothing new was shown for the two new jobs other than Samurai LB, but seeing things like Warriors getting a charge and Paladins get Holy is something that I know put a smile on those players' faces.

Because warriors weren't already scary in PvP

They aren't

I won't lie seeing the flamethrower almost made me chuck in trying out SAM to stick with MCH but I've decided to hold course and just level 'em both to 60 eventually.

this post was a disaster to read

I mean maybe the 'scariest' tank by virtue of DRK being a joke and Paladin being extremely effective but not really threatening in its own right.

australians love letting everyone know that they're australian. it's like an avatar!

I accept this and stand by it.

If I can't get it within 15 minutes I just buy it desu

Warrior in PvP is basically what people play when they imagine a DPS with an inflated health pool. What actually happens is you get someone trying to be a DPS and they're lacking all the actual benefits actual DPS jobs have. Warrior has the special downside of actually being shut down by all three healers, several DPS and PLD and doesn't even have Raw Destruction since it's a tank

Up your arse ya fuckin' toss-pot I'm not taking that shit from some guy who uses punctuation marks but can't capitalise worth a shit.

Doing it for free no one would do you for free unless you came with a paper bag for you and ear-muffs for them.

Contrary to the "selene does everything for you" meme I hear over and over regarding SCH, when someone gets moderately low, I should Physick them instead of A L W A Y S trusting the fairy to Embrace them, right?

of course
consider your fairy like a heal over time

None of the new NPCs are Au Ra, I wanna see some cool unique Au Ras, I hope they add some.

there's still enough time, r-right?

h-hey, wanna share?
I don't want to pay $20 :S

you have the ugliest au ra I've ever seen though lol

I always have my fairy in obey mode since I use macros a lot.

dont be scared and just buy it.

How is she so cute

>people that bots
What's the point of that shit in an MMO? You play an MMO to progress and build up a character, feeling rewarded for putting in a lot of time playing.
If you want instant gratifications without putting in time or effort why not play a Moba or action game instead?

but...but....

she does not want to and never will want to fuck you because you're her race

You could 100% do all the battle + gathering before Stormblood. The problem is with crafters since you ideally will do 15-50 from leves and that's like 60+ leves ea class so you wont have enough. You'll have like 350 to work with assuming you're at 100 rn and you also ideally use leves for min/bot leveling to 50..

Is this general ever not in a constant state of drama?

botting lets me get ahead when i have work and shit going on in life.

AHHAHAHAHHAHAHA
no

Like I said, why play an MMO if you don't actually want to play it yourself and has to even pay extra to make something else play the game for you?
You should really consider playing games like Moba's instead.

You look like a manlet in this picture.

It's essentially a 9th linkshell for people so no.

Why do you say that? Is one of her chemistries "if all members are of a different race"?

Must be a bad angle because this is a max height roe

i do want to play but i dont have 24/7 access to do so. yes i leveled from 1-60 without a bot, crafting, gathering etc. but when i need to craft loads of items or gather ridiculous amounts im not going to sit there for 3 hours of repetitive time wasting that has such a small amount of reward. thats why i go out and spend money on a program that will automate that shit for me

Ah whoops I'm retarded and accidentally put it at one pixel off level
Should still be fairly accurate though

I have all of the crafters between 20-30 if that helps any.

I'm the first person you replied to and I'm just a no name random and I still notice the drama. It's impossible not to notice.

I figured, but this still applies, friend.

what gatherer is the best for making money? miner botanist or fisher? some ass named hoppy bunny keeps ruining every profitable market I find, need something obscure to sell

Hoppy Bunny runs a bot train and destroys every market they can

I was gonna level some Lancer in POTD to get ready for Monk, but then i had a bitter realization that Lancer is.. actually quite fun.
I've always ironically trashed my Dragoon friend, and now that it's come to this i just feel like such a wankstain

>competing with a botter
nothing, stormblood materials will be high, then fall, fairly quickly

You look like one too ;^)

Mid-range items from both mining and botany sell fairly well as they're used for levekits that people are scrambling to put together/buy now that SB is right around the corner. Look for level 30-35 things on the MB and their sale history to get a feel for how quickly things move in that market. Also Hoppy Bunny is a fucking tool and I will throw a goddamn kegger the day they finally get banned for botting.

Hey guys, WHM or BLM? I just wanna level either or both to prepare for RDM lore + job quests.

That was the nigger that had the PF up telling people to do moogle quests since he couldn't bot them himself at the time and wanted to crash the glass fibre market, right?

Seriously how come well known botters can keep on doing that shit without any consequences?

WHM is trash and also boring to play kind of

BLM is probably your best bet since it's a popular meme to hate WHM

i've wanted to play goon for months but I hate not tanking.

how well do its combos play? does it ever feel slow? the gcd is half the reason i'm hesitant to try other classes. some classes disguise it well and others... fucking don't.

popular meme AKA undeniably the worst healer lol

If you see someone botting and it pisses you off enough, you'll have to file an official report and be as detailed as possible. Include character name, place, date, time of day(server time), and their actions.

That's fair
I'd argue, but i did this to myself

I've done that on my server when reporting people botting, I still see them all the time

>omg the WURSt
> MAXIMUM OVERSPERG
>FFLOGS
>meanwhile thousands of whms are just clearing content with controllers because literally no one gives a shit and most of you perma theory-never-practice-crafters never set foot into raids

I'd rather have a WHM than a retarded card game player

you think hoppy bunny hasn't been?

way to sperg out when all I said was they were bad
>WHM player detected

you can't face the facts, you have no numbers, you just have an opinion, and a shitty one at that cocksucking faggot.

Dude same, I've tanked since Wrath of the Lich King @ WoW and i recently switched to FFXIV to play with my friends, but i just can't to take the step outside of tanking myself.
My only level 60 classes are PLD & WAR, which is why i decided to level up a DPS.

It feels a little slow, but i'm sure i could get used to it. I've had to try out my combos in floor 51 potd alone a few times, just to get a preview of that lategame, but it's kind of hard when i have yet to unlock the actual job. Heh.

You can't grasp straws that aren't there user

the fact is they have no benefit other than healing more. Healers will always be better if they can do unique things.

There is literally nothing wrong with WHM

t. AST player

Cards are fucking unreliable even though the APM is fun, and the impact of Balance is less significant than you think in a game where I can't fucking make people outdps me when I foe requiem for them

You're right. Make cleric stance WHM only. It's the only solution.

>Filename
Bless

WHM, just like PLD and MNK got the short end of the stick this tier. They're viable but not optimal.

T. Raider

The only real problem with WHM is the lack of MP economy.

>want to erp
>nothing but female catsluts in the qs
where are the males dammit