Miata or MR2? Also are either even fun to drive or is it just a big inside joke...

Miata or MR2? Also are either even fun to drive or is it just a big inside joke? They have like same horsepower as my turbo'd Suzuki orv I ride at the dunes

Whichever one you can get a better deal on

stock v stock i'd take an mr2

if you plan on modding get a miata unless you want the first thing you do to be an engine swap.

Boxster

I'm guessing AW11 MR2? Then yes. MR2 > Miata

AW11 is pigfat, especially if you get one supercharged

>supercharged
>implying you can find one for sale

they are both overpriced meme cars. you missed out the window for an affordable rwd car, now its too late. anything over 3k for an na mr2 sw20 or na miata is overpriced. thank youtubers, car bloggers, and unimformed children for this.

>thank youtubers, car bloggers, and unimformed children for this.

what? the fault lies entirely with Veeky Forums

Back in the days when everyone still thought the miata was a homo mobile Veeky Forums was memeing the shit out of the miata (along with the fox body and e30)

then the car mags got wind of it and started memeing

and THEN the youtubers, reddit and car bloggers started memeing it

they're fun as hell

lol the Miata has always been popular.
Hell it used to be a starter car in older NFS games.

I found the miata to be pretty boring.
Actually that's not quite right, it drove well, I felt connected but it wasn't exciting or extremely fun like people make it out to be.
I much preferred my E30, tonnes more fun.

Cheapest most rewarding car these days is probably an E36. An E36 compact is even more fun than the coupes or sedans but you can only get it as a four banger.

Can't comment on the MR2 but I've been lusting after an sw20 for ages.

Do you seriously think the miata is just an Veeky Forums meme? It has been insanely popular since before Veeky Forums even existed. Do you think Veeky Forums memed it into being the best selling roadster of all time?

>E36
>can only get it as a 4 banger
LOL wut?

MR2
Despite loving dick and having things in my ass, I'm not gay enough for a Miata.

I found the exact opposite of you. E30 felt nothing like a 4 door Miata as i had heard. I didn't find it fun or sporty or engaging at all. My Miata was fucking awesome however.

it was just meme'd into being a starter enthusiast car.

years ago if anyone was asking what car to buy it'd be flooded with miata's

>can only get it as a open dif pos.

FTFY

But a diff swap isn't all that hard

I don't think OP is a 50 year old white female realtor.

>women driving a low slung roadster
It's like you people don't actually live in reality

You seriously can't deny that this excites you

can you give more detail? I drove a miata and found it fun, but I'm mostly curious what you felt the E30 did better. Never had a chance to drive one.

The miata is 27 years old. It has been THE starter enthusiast car for about the same amount of time. If you seriously think that this Nepalese grass-whistle enthusiast board had anything to do with the miata's popularity then you need to broaden your perspective of the world.

Veeky Forums literally had nothing to do with the fox's popularity.

you can only get the compact as a four banger.

lrn reading comprehension
To clarify I found the miata fun like maybe the ride at a theme park you would go on once and go yeah that was cool but wouldn't think twice about it or beg to have another go. It wasn't a bad car I just found the e30 was a lot better.
The miata for me was
>floppy, not a meme, the amount of twist in the chassis was ridiculous
>uninspiring engine, there was no lunge to the redline that made you want to rev it all the time, not a bad motor just not inspiring
>too predictable, there was nothing to keep you on your toes, it was just textbook driving, you do this, this happens, it also felt to me like the limit was very soft

People will have other opinions and thats because everyone likes car for different reasons. I LOVE adrenaline, being right on the limit of grip where the car can bite you so I think i prefer cars with a harder, sharper limit. Theres no doubt its an awesome car for fun little drifts at low speed but it just wasn't for me.

The e30 and e36 compact on the other hand have a sharper limit (one that is higher as well meaning you're taking more risks for the thrill of driving them hard), handling that can bite you if you do the wrong thing (lift off oversteer everywhere but super rewarding when you get it right), and a super stiff chassis which I think is important for feel.