>don't race at le mans for 50 years
>come back and rape everyone 2 years in a row
explain this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iaCGz-2j1Oo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ecoboost technology

They won their class in 2016, not the race.

They didn't even win their class in 2017. A 911 did.

>rape everyone
Didn't it place 16th? Also had slower qualifying times than a broken fwd nissan

american superiority
heil trump

Just like the original GT40, it's a race car designed to win and then made fit to run on the road.

No, Aston won this year

It's mostly a British car you stupid burger

>a porsche
>on the GTE podium at lemans

lol

>don't race at le mans for 50 years
>come back and don't even make podium with a V6
Pic related is a GT40 taking a shotgun to the mouth after learning about Ford using its legendary name to advertise faggotry.

[citation needed]

owned by ford. sperg more
ford gt still won

Not the V6.

ford gt still won

only with a V8

>aston
>owned by ford
take your dementia meds grampa

still owned by ford
nope

Still black owned by ford are uses there blocks and engines.

>gm fangirls avoiding this thread

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

Ford has less than 10% equity in Aston. Some Bong and a group of Kuwaiti guys own the rest

The GT40 was british, used a Lola based chassis, built in England.
Heil Churchill

>nope
yep
Aston uses AMG engines and blocks

>yep
nope

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

>nope
yep

>another yep-nope shitpost

fantastic, I love these

Because they have accepted they can't compete.

>yep
Nope

>Nope
yep

and you fucked it up by making this post,

good job retard

nope

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

Cool.
The engine was american though.

>nope
yep

>intelligent discussion on Veeky Forums

nope

>V6

into the trash it goes

This

lmao

>yep
Nope

2016-2017 Porsche 911 R = Flat 6
>$300-500k

Porsche 911 GT1 = 3.2L Flat-6
>$2,000,000

MUH V6 is shit, not desirable, not worth anything, and doesn't win races meme.

Additionally:
Veeky Forums
>LOL MURRICA 8.0L ENGINE ONLY MAKES 400 BHP

Ford GT gets 650 hp out of a 3.5 L
also Veeky Forums:
>V6? MORE LIKE PEE-6

That's not a V6. that car was never famous for a V8 either.

Your post reeks of poor bait (that i'm biting on) and i guess a better answer would be go to any of the RX9 "never ever" rumor threads and ask them why they would possibly want a car that was made famous for its rotary to have another rotary and not just be another turbo V6.

At least aston martin is doing it right with the Spiritual successor the the Mclaren F1 they are supposedly making with their V12. if only that guy worked on the GT... if only.

but the old V8 GT still exists and is half the price.
If someone wants that they can still buy it.
Why be mad?

>180 degree v6
>not a v6

pick one

Because this car could've gone better in so many ways.

Part of the Legacy of the GT40 was having the Audacity to challenge the pure-bred untouchable european automotive monarchy.

Ferrari, Mclaren, Aston Martin (they've been kinda shaky over the years but want to make a serious return) are all these high end brands that no lessor brand dare compares itself to or even mentions itself in the same sentence. the GT40 was like the bastard mutt dog taking down the purebred. Ford honestly could've done that again and ironically it would've been a great successor to the GT40 and POrsche, Mclaren and more importantly Ferrari (the people they show on their advertisement as being scared) would've been red-faced like they were when the GT40 originally raced only instead of being smashed on the race track they'd have their pride and joys destroyed yet again in a brilliant return of a car they once had to take very seriously because their man-hood was threatened. Big wasted opportunity.

we did get that in a way with the SSC Ultimate Aero. it took down the Veyron and forced vag to respond to a car that otherwise would've been off the radar. they are just a small company though that barely if at all exist anymore. Ford is huge and could've executed something like that way better since they have the cash. If they wanted to give us a fast V6 car it could've also been in the form of a mass produced sports car taking on the vette. GT90 could've been the Veyron killer before the Veyron too.

Sorry about the autistic rant but you did ask.

>nope
Yep

>came back to get a class ""win""
>the next year it gets beat by a ford fusion
lmfao

except for the part where it was so shit they had to fly in shelby to unfuck it

I never understood the hate on murican v8s. They're designed to run smoothly and never ever be stressed. That's why you can go into a junkyard, pull one out and it'll run such as in this youtube.com/watch?v=iaCGz-2j1Oo

. 2.

Also purely going off of displacement is dumb because there's compression, what cam(s) and heads they came with stock,valvetrain type etc to talk about.

>sandbagging
>Didn't actually win

Ford supreme at marketing

I'm still sort of new to this so sorry if I sound ignorant, but I was under the impression that the new GT was supposed to showcase new technology in a "built from the ground up" design. Or in other words, I thought it wasn't really supposed to be a real successor to the GT40 or a market competitor to the Corvette.

There seems to be a lot of niggers in here

/pol out

reported for racism. I'll be glad when you're dead you racist piece of shit

>mfw alphonse rapes everyone on this thread

I still hate yo' stupid ass though.

Hardly. More like runner-up, meaning 2nd place and lost to several-years old cars

>wahh i wanted a roadster v8
>rape
lol r u ok?

Nah, my pops threw a beer bottle at my ass today. Fucking pissed.

>Be Veeky Forums for going on 10 years
>First time seeing this
>Genuinely laughing at this stupid yep/nope shit

This is exactly the kind of gold I love Veeky Forums for.

>The GT40
so, irrelevant
this one has nothing but a passing resemblance in common with the GT40

>but I was under the impression that the new GT was supposed to showcase new technology
It really didn't besides chassis stuff like built-in rollcage within the chassis or something. Honda is showing more technology in the NSX than Ford is in the GT being the first Manufacturer to bring Hybrid super cars to the main-stream. Ford advertised the GT as "beating Ferrari" at le mans like they did in the 60s suggesting this car was supposed to be the successor to that. also a bunch of old flashbacks to the original cars trying to really drive-home how much they wanted people to add this car to their Ford GT collection (which worked).

Unlike the 918, P1, La Ferrari there isn't much of anything that can "trickle down" like on those cars. Porsche is already using what they learned from the 918 to improve the AWD on the 911 Turbo. Ford can't really do much if any of that because the Mustang (their only other RWD main-stream sports car) is so far removed from the GT. they also just used their generic V6s instead of using this opportunity to fund development and improvements to their V8s by releasing a specialized modular for the GT and then trying to have that trickle down to the mustang.

Ferrari is using the moeny gained from the La Ferrari to fund hybrid development and we could very-well see a hybrid main-stream Ferrari. even Honda will use what they learn with the NSX to develop better AWD systems and hybrid drive-trains for their other cars as they were considering an AWD Civic Type R.

Not much we can get from the GT and once its gone it'll feel like Ford has learned or gained nothing but some more boomers to suck on. i guess they improved "ecoboost"(?) kinda lame though since the most powerful and potent engine in the mustang will continue to be the V8

>quality post

Very good. I agree with everything in your post.

>nope
yep

>suggesting this car was supposed to be the successor to the GT40
>bunch of old flashbacks to the original car
This is exactly the opposite of what they were trying to do though. The Le Mans memeing only appeared because they really wanted to win like the GT40 did, not because they wanted to make an actual successor to the GT40.

>hybrid
Hybrids arent new technology

>so far removed from the GT
>then trying to have that trickle down to the mustang
You keep treating them like chevy for some reason.
I think they made it explicitly clear that they had no intention of passing on any of the technology used on the GT to the mustang or any other car they make (considering it carries much of the same engine). It's clear that consumers dont benefit from this, but it's not like the mustang really deserves it these days. Most mustang owners own one not because it's a good car but because it's a car everyone recognizes. It's the same reason any idiot buys a Corvette.

>more hybrid
I don't really see how Hybrids improve performance or how it helps win races. Like I said I'm still really new to this, so maybe you can tell me why its so valuable that they further develop more hybrid cars down the line besides some environmental concerns.

From what I can see, the GT was meant to be an attempt at trying to push performance from a weaker engine using experimental design, and it worked. Its regrettable that all the memes about them winning LeMans are so skewed, but from a technology standpoint I cant help but be impressed that they got so much out of a measily F-150 engine just by tweaking the chassis and frame. It just means that they can start building from there instead of just pushing out another Mustang or another luxury road car with an enormous one off engine.

Frame and Body*

>This is exactly the opposite of what they were trying to do though
So why call it "GT" at all then? why not just call it something else entirely and styling to look like something else as if it was trying to be its own thing like the GT90 was trying to do?

>Hybrids arent new technology
They have never appeared on super cars before. they have never been used in performance applications like this before. this is showcasing technology especially for the main-stream.

>You keep treating them like chevy for some reason.
How? the 911 wasn't far off from the 959 and that car was also trying to show new technology for its era that the 911 (993) benefited from.

>I think they made it explicitly clear that they had no intention of passing on any of the technology used on the GT to the mustang or any other car they make
Yea, that's why its a disappointing to me. a car that isn't going bring anything to the table or to ford. its just "special edition carbon fiber tub Ford edition". at least with the last one we got a record breaking platform and a car who's affordability and higher production numbers led to it showing up in the aftermarket scene
like a more main-stream car rather than the untouchable chariot this (new one) car wants to be.

>but it's not like the mustang really deserves it
What? why wouldn't you want to improve your only flagship mainstream platform? i think its great that the Camaro is versatile enough to spread itself into multiple markets and is actually surprisingly capable in them.
>V6 Camaro = M2 class car
>V8 Camaro = standard GT
>ZL1 = Practical super-car ish GT car
>ZL1 1LE = affordable GT3 RS chaser
Fantastic! especially considering GM doesn't really need to do this because they can split those task between the Corvette but it gives us more options. i don't give a fuck what anyone says no one can convince me the Camaro isn't good outside of visibility and styling. neighbor owns one too.

(1/2 post)

>2 years in a row

He doesn't know...Should we tell him?

>Most mustang owners own one not because it's a good car but because it's a car everyone recognizes.
So doesn't it make sense to use the GT as a learning process for the Mustang to improve upon it anyway they can so people buy it (because) its good and not for the name? speaking of that, that is exactly what i feel like they are doing with the new "GT". they know this car brings nothing to the table and they know the name alone will sell it. i at least especially get that vibe anyway.

>It's the same reason any idiot buys a Corvette
and i can almost guarantee there will be something learned and not forgotten with this new more expensive upcoming mid-engine vette of their's supposedly debuting a new and potent DOHC V8. even what could be considered the most incompetent run automakers learn something from their experiments. GM definitely learned something from the exotic experiment that was C4 ZR1 in the 90s and its why the C5 Z06 made the power it did NA (about as much as the C4 ZR1 did NA with DOHC) they used other components from it on later vettes as well and it set endurance records. it wasn't just an expensive engine in a one-hit wonder car.

>I don't really see how Hybrids improve performance
instant-electric car-like torque. higher fuel efficiency (Ford GT gets 11 mpg which is dogshit not that it really matters in a car like that but still the others get way WAY better fuel economy using larger engines and it just shows the level of technology present in them)

>or how it helps win races
They aren't really permitted in the GTLM class i don't think but hybrid GT cars are being developed as we speak and they increase fuel economy which could probably help in an endurance race (less pit stops)

>the GT was meant to be an attempt at trying to push performance from a weaker engine
That's so gay and has (actually) been done before in super cars (unlike hybrids)

(fuck it 2/3 post and sorry for how autistic this may look)

user, hybrid tech in hypercars isn't about MPGs

fuck not again

>using experimental design
I honestly fail to see how this is experimental. they played it pretty safe sticking to a "GT" stylistic design with the "flying buttresses" being the biggest design statement.

>and it worked
I guess, felt like it took them more money to equal or even slightly surpass the weight of a LT675 burning more fuel to generate similar horsepower in an engine with "eco" in its name (the ironing!).

>I cant help but be impressed that they got so much out of a measily F-150 engine
Why? stuff like this has been done before. by Ford themselves no less. wasn't the Modular engine in the last GT first used in the Lincoln Navigator and SVT Lightning? and that engine set freaking world records.

>It just means that they can start building from there
unlikely. assuming Ford learns nothing from this and none of this trickles down to other cars it just means we go back to square one with their current V8s being their most powerful and best offerings. as one final nail in the disappointment coffin id like to see who actually gets the better fuel economy between a turbo V8 making 650 HP from them and ecoboost. supposedly the GT500 will be twin turbo so we could find out very soon.

>instead of just pushing out another Mustang or another luxury road car with an enormous one off engine
Not like it was ever really much of that. the Taurus "lincoln" Continental is just that, a dressed up Taurus. Lincoln doesn't make their own platforms like Cadillac does. i wouldn't call the current Coyote or Voodoo enormous, not in power-output or displacement. a 7 L NA V8 making 700 HP in the GT would've been fucking cool though. it could also be designed to make much more with twin turbos. call it a Cammer successor.

The fuel economy is very nice though and it can help in GT endurance. it also helps with emissions. Top Gear talked about how the hybrid hyper cars were "preserving the super car for Tomorrow" or at least the 918 was.

Pssssshhh.. nothin' personel kid.

>still sperging this hard you're have to move goal posts
pic related, Alphonse (and prez/o/).

>Why call it a GT?
Because it's a grand touring car?

>who's affordability and higher production numbers led to it showing up in the aftermarket scene
They had to meet much higher standards in a shorter time span, and it wasn't intended to be traded around in the aftermarket like a cheap civic. Difference in philosophy here I suppose

>they can split those task between the Corvette but it gives us more options
This is kind of gay. Ford wanted "fast", not "swiss army knife"

>doesn't it make sense to use the GT as a learning process for the Mustang to improve upon it anyway
Of course
But I'm not Ford, and this is how I saw it going until I learned that there's not a lot of tech to trickle down in the first place, since they share a lot of the same engine components.

>i can almost guarantee there will be something learned and not forgotten (lol wut) with this new mid engine vette
Does Chevy have bad memory?
I don't see why Ford can't learn a thing or two from the GT either. I realize there might not be a lot to learn, but they'll probably get something out of it no matter what, even if it's not shared with the stang or the F trucks (which I highly doubt)

>Thats so gay and has been done before in supercars
Whining this hard over a missing V8 boomermobile is pretty hard gay

>stuff like this has been done before. by Ford themselves no less
But I thought you said they were copying supercar makers? The idea wasnt to put a heavy engine on an existing platform or a cheap "throwback" design like most of Chevys "multipurpose" offerings, the idea was to build a supercar to win races. They probably went with a lighter engine on purpose, accompanied by an experimental body and frame, so that it pushes the most out of the lighter tech
The experiment wasn't primarily in the engine, which I realize disappoints you to no end, but the experiment worked.

>Because it's a grand touring car?
lol stop pretending it isn't a wink to the GT40
claiming that it's supposed to do what the GT40 did is retarded but so is claiming they have nothing to do with each other

>a supercar to win races
and it failed

You mean
>sandbag hard and get raped by a 10 year old Aston Martin

Wow it's almost like you don't know what BOP is. Literally the only reason a 10-year-old design is still competitive.

>his car can't deal with a bit of gravel in the trunk

Fudd 47 fhecjwc8w8c

gm fangirls are so delsuional

this ford fantard got a few screws loose

>rape everyone two years ago

uhh?

#63 C7R was on a sure way to victory until dishonest cheater britbong aston banged into his side during a botched overtake maneuver and caused the left front tire to deflate

>dishonest cheater britbong
imagine my shock
every single one of their football world cups was arranged
Based Diegote outcheated them and they're butthurt to this day

I dont care what people say
the F50 is fucking beautiful

I want to like this car but
>should be an lmp to actually compete at winning le man's
>sand bagging gave the bop blessing to the gt at le mans
>gte is compromised of road cars turned into race cars but this is a purpose built race car before becoming a road car
>class is supposed to have production cars but ford didn't produce in any gt's in 2016

it is and so is the F40

Does it have direct injection?