His car has more than 1 pedal

>his car has more than 1 pedal
smdh
welcome to the future, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOLOGY/OVERVIEW/active_engine_brake.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WNIDcT0Zdj4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Chevy Bolt has a flappy paddle on the left side. It turns on the regen braking and commands how much you get. Allowing you to stop the car fully with out the brakes in some situations. allowing for 1 pedal driving.

What's the point of this? Are two fucking pedals really too inconvenient to keep up with?

Holy fuck this triggered me so much. I feel like this would fail and cause accidents.

it is to get people to use regen braking as much as possible. instead of using the conventional brakes that waste energy. To squeeze that few extra miles out of the battery's range.

It still has a brake pedal.

i hope nissan and the rest of the companies renault has been assraping all go under and get bought by people that actually want to make interesting cars rather than 50 psi .9l shitbox version 162 and boring so fucking angry cuckover mark 412

>ease up on the pedal to slow down
retarded american drivers only know how to stomp on the brake pedal like mongs

>electronic controlled brakes

its on the en ess ecks
brake by wire
what could possibly fucking go wrong

the brakes aren't being used. It is regen braking control.

>far flung future of 2025
>only gasoline power vehicles being made are single peddle cvt hybrid compact crossovers

Its actually pretty difficult to slow down in an auto without using brakes.
I can see your argument if you're talking about a manual transmission because you can just gear down to slow down.

The car still has hydraulic brakes.

i like Nissan because they aren't scared of new technology, and they don't give a flying fuck about what people think about them

Nissan was first (and only) one to make fully electronic steering,
so you can bet your ass they will be first to use electro-mechanical brakes.
and they will put all their tech into R36 GT-R

>engine braking is now an add-on feature for autotragics

>aren't scared of new technology, and they don't give a flying fuck about what people think about them
a bold strategy
lets see if it works out for them

it's an "old" concept

nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOLOGY/OVERVIEW/active_engine_brake.html

Does that really have noticeable deceleration? I always wished cars could have engine brakes. The whole "let off the pedal to slow down" is actually the best thing in the world when you get used to it, and doesn't waste brake pads.

>i like Nii-san
Hell yea

>Press e-Pedal for an exciting drive

Nissan does it again!

Not that hard to trust them. Even citroen had a steering system in cx and xm models that had no mechanical connection from steering wheel to the wheels.

It basically turns the wheels into huge electric generators. Work from the moving car gets turned into juice for the batteries and it does wonders to slow the vehicle down. The KERS is used in many racing circuits because the energy from the regenerative braking system can be stored and released in a burst once it's time to accelerate but it can never fully replace the traditional braking system.

So they're reinventing engine breaking?

>implying 1 pedal wouldn't be more fun to drive with

more precise assuming it works well

manual luddites on suicide watch

when will there be a car with just clutch and gas?

>foot gets cramp
>take off gas pedal to wiggle it around
>full force urtrura-rayto-braking into the car behind you

>Press e-Pedal for an exciting drive

>Literally Apple.

Then program the car to use Regen braking on light braking.

Most motorcycles have really strong engine braking like this. It can be annoying if your wrist gets itchy and you need to scratch it, especially if there is someone behind you.

A FUCKING LEAF

Fuck off mac faggot.

Fucking saved

i am going to save this if you don't mind, for future references.

Pull in the clutch.

Honorabru kek

They should make the e-pedal drastically wider, so you can operate it with both leg ends and a stick. this would allow to relaxe one leg by using the other leg available or the stick.

>What's the point of this?
You can do things the hard way, or you can do things the easy way and focus on things that are more important to you, like tending to your kid in the car-seat, dancing to your favorite music, gossiping with your friend on your phone, or contemplating life, existence, and the universe.

BTFO
T
F
O

Came in this thread for this. The day of the rake will come, maple niggers!

It's that time again. You don't even have to make fun of them, they do it themselves.

im going to buy the very first model car nissan brings out with this, run into a wall, and immediately sue them because it didnt stop the car in time. ill use the millions of dollars i get making my NEET dreams come true!

$500 says it comes standard with automatic braking systems as cars these days often do.

Also their lawyers are far, far beyond yours. If you think you can lay even a finger on a big corporation you're silly.

If I'm in a car, I'm there to drive and blow my eardrums out with eurobeat.

multiple class action and personal lawsuits against all major makes would like to have a word with you

>tfw there are people who unironically think like this

This is going to get people killed

(can't wake up)

>press X to get hektik
The future, everyone.

I love the Leaf and i hope it becomes the E-car standard.
Small city cars should be electric

>I always wished cars could have engine brakes. The whole "let off the pedal to slow down" is actually the best thing in the world when you get used to it, and doesn't waste brake pads.

Manual transmission anyone?

Autonomous drifting already exists
youtube.com/watch?v=WNIDcT0Zdj4

You know driving a car is an experience, not an hassle right?

My electric scooter has that as well since I programmed it to do so, if I release the throttle, it recuperates and charges its batterys.
If I press a button that increases.

Still has disc brakes though...

>Brake by wire
>Throttle by wire
How about no

>Brake by wire
>Throttle by wire
My motorcycle has brake by steel wire and throttly by steel wire...

The Z06 is fiberglass though.