OBS: obsproject.com
Webm for Cirnos: gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

[Embed]

Other urls found in this thread:

impactsoundworks.com/product/super-audio-boy/
pastebin.com/iafqz627
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't stir coffee with a pencil you stupid anime

What board game should I recreate that hasn't been done brefore?

>Chats
NO

i think that's a straw, user

YES
where do you think the yesdevs are?

Free product shilling
impactsoundworks.com/product/super-audio-boy/
Authentic Gameboy sampled instrument for your musics making.

>Accidentally design my game with a similiar gameplay approach to Etrian Odyssey

I've never played it. Should I be concerned with my players having expectations?

Looks like the sprites break on really 3d-wide objects like The bed. Not surprised.
I guess while writing dialogue and UI I'll add an Effect item for sprites to render directly on top of them and skipping all that fake-3D bullshit.
Already wrapping away the Shader API, allowing me to do some pretty nifty things with colour highlights. All this will probably come together at once as I try to write a flexible UI system. Won't be fun.

guys:
I'm tracking the number of mentions of the following keywords in since the last 20 threads:
Unity
GMS + Gamemaker
Godot

I'm gonna graph them and post them every few threads, including this one. Tell me more keywords to track and I'll do them if they're reasonable, not too much memey shit please. a little bit is fine though.

How about you wait until your game if past its formative stages before you worry about whether people will unfairly compare it to some other niche series?

Reddit.

>requires kontakt
>400 dollaridoos for retro samples instead of just using a synth
for what purpose

What exactly is similar?
It's not that the game was super original, just very good. There's plenty of shit dungeon crawlers out there so people won't expect anything special from yours.

Serious question: what's the point if it's not memey shit? The entire point of word graphs is throwing the shit of a thread/board back in its own face.

please leave us in peace

When I peek into discord I sure don't think "yesdev"

Bored of poals?
You should make a game instead.

but why

LOVE/love2d
Godot
UE4/UE
nodev/yesdev
mixel/rixel
demo
jam
poll

>where do you think the yesdevs are?
Working in their IDE of choice.

for every (you) i get on this post, i will yesdev for 10 more minutes

Enjoy your b&

you see way more progress and way more actual discussion of things being developed in #dev on Discord than you do here

Well obviously Kontakt is used for a lot of things besides this. The purpose is if you want the authentic sound of the sound chip in a well-designed instrument with good presets.

I didn't realize it required full Kontakt until you mentioned it. Usually they have a Kontakt Player version but they have to actually pay licensing to release in that format so it makes sense that there's no Kontakt Player version of a free product.

First person dungeon crawler that breaks into random battles with turn based combat utilizing front row/back row mechanics. I'm not aware of other dungeon crawlers that do that.

I'm just wanting to avoid expectations of features that others might consider genre standard.

DESU I'm working more towards a first person phantasy star 2 type game.

That's because of namefag accountability. If I want that I will go to reddit. Chatrooms are just really really gay and on top of that cause issues in every community they form around.

Some fresh progress. I remade the encounter system - it used to be random encounters in certain areas, like wild Pokémon in grass, now it works like Pokémon trainers. Random encounters make the player feel like they should be avoiding them, which I don't want.

Also a character picking start screen, and a new weak enemy for the tutorial.

You would think so, that's why I checked it in the first place. No such luck though.

This

That's a lie, I lurk there all the time and it's just nodevness all day.

good luck on demo day everyone

(at)175675290
have an ultra-you for an entire hour of devving
thank me later when you become the next tobyfox

>Random encounters make the player feel like they should be avoiding them, which I don't want.
I feel the exact opposite. If I see the enemy in an rpg like that, I feel like the game wants me to avoid them if possible.
Random encounters are more endurance test and expected.

ok, memey shit is officially in, suggest shit

how so?

I'm not hugely into the classic dungeon crawler genre but Wizardry does all that shit aside from the first person view and it's old as sin. I sincerely doubt that of the many, many dungeon crawlers that have existed over the years, EO is the first or only one to copy the Wizardry formula (which basically set the standard).

jonathan blow
peter molyneux
toby fox
clone
artist looking for

dumb shit you're not supposed to reveal this until the experiment is over

Unity
Unity
Unity

Unity

Unity

Unity

Unity, Unity

>Unity
>Unity
>Unity
>
>Unity
>
>Unity
>
>Unity
>
>Unity, Unity
the discord in a nutshell

That just goes to show my knowledge on the genre. I also realize expectations are set by marketing but since this is amateur dev marketing is essentially non-existant so screenshots/video might lead the player on to different expectations.

Thank you for the feedback.

He's not doing shit, he's just trying to create chaos. he's literally a dev goblin, trying to keep nodevs occupied with bullshit and to turn yesdevs into the dark side

also:

YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS YESDEV YESDEVS

>how to bias a study 101

gratz user

so which is it really?
Are 2D games good for progressing fast with or no?

Bring back the word clouds

GMS can also do 3d also. It may not be very great but it can do it.

God help my title screen

How often does LD happen? I wanted to do this one but I missed it.

Yeah that's something to consider. I'll keep that in mind for level design and enemy placement. I think if an enemy is unavoidable the player should be able to tell right away.

gms if you want to make game quick
godot if you want to make a better game quicker

fucking google it jesus christ

ahaha funny worde xD booty butty!

>Ass
What did you mean by this?

I was planning on making it lewd eventually

Redpill me this: is there a 2D engine that's flexible and easy to pick up?

GMS is easy, but it feels like I'm playing with Legos. Trying to make anything substantial takes forever and feels clunky as shit because you're working with plastic nails and squeaky hammers.

Is there anything that's more fluid at the expense of a little difficulty?

godot if you want to make a better game quicker

godot

is gms game maker?

What a horrible thread. Fuck off agdg.

use scripts you fucking ass

don't fall for the godot meme at very least until 3.0 drops as it will destroy your existing project, trust me on this
either stick to gms or move to unity

GML is also clunky and limited as fuck.

>implying 3.0 is a forced update
>implying 3.0 won't and doesn't have tools to import 2.1 projects
>being this uninformed

VR card game. Besides not hearthstone, not same mana curve, no bullshit rng, and yes spectacles (monsters in 3d yo), what should be done to take advantage of the platform?

this is the one time an actual dev is asking for idea guy help you shits, so make it count

When will that drop?

I'm enjoying Godot so far, learning more complex stuff really wont do you much harm. Might want to avoid working on anything too hefty with it until 3.0 drops mind but the practice will do you good and you'll probably be able to import with tools.

It's honestly really confusing to me how game maker markets itself as an easy lego-mode engine but gets needlessly clunky to even implement movement where you don't move faster by doing diagonally. Other engine that are more complex on the surface level are much less clunky on that regard.

You can look over your opponents hands

Yeah, that's how I felt. Baseline stuff was basically built-in, but trying to expand outside the box at all felt like trying to claw my way out of a muddy hole.

I'll look into godot. When does this new big update hit?

Hey guys, I want to use the /agdg/ logo in my game. Is there anywhere with an .svg format of the logo?
Maybe it should be in the OP? I mean we have chats and webm resources, surely a logo resource would be good to have too.

several months still

Demo day is in 3 days!

Keep yourself accountable, what are your goals by then?

Months at this point from my understanding, though hopefully I'm wrong.

pastebin.com/iafqz627

Fuck off Unity is better!

unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity unity

What are the current /agdg/ games with the BEST pixel art, palette or aesthetic?

>Update environmental art a little
>new backgrounds
>Better tiles
>Add a boss battle
>Make Dialog less rigid feeling
If time:
>Improve Pause UI
>Animate Title Screen

real answer? vr is fundamentally the wrong platform for a card game

working with what you have, make the board have some spatial gameplay, which many tcgs lack. a small grid would probably be fine.

enchantments / equipment / whatever modifiers that are played on monsters can be displayed floating above their heads.

Why are there other engines in the OP when Unity is the ONLY way to make a game?

Good effort, this deserved a (You).

How to improve, what would you change?

/agdg/ in 3 posts

>spend a day slapping together movement and some quick art assets rendered in a minute in gimp for wall textures
>post this progress and garner lotsa (you)s

>spend a sleepless week designing/coding my menu with working inventory/equipment/status screens that remembers selections and is entirely navigatable via controller
>no one will even give a shit to notice this huge amount of critical progress once they see it if it works properly.

Programming is a thankless role. Also point and click menus are garbage.

/agdg/ needs more code shots, I always enjoy those.

>WIP
I don't see an issue with this at all.
Not. At. All.

It's okay for a certain style. It has a very basic look to it. If you're really looking to improve, post it on the Work in Progress forum at www.pixeljoint.com

There are people getting feedback on shit that's much worse than yours, so yours shoud go over fine

here, user

have a (You) on me

I feel you man. Making things like menu movement sometimes feels like lack of progress, cause even we (devs) can't see them visually.

3.0 is not even in alpha yet, of course it's going to be WIP.

The palette is quite offensive and the darker gradients are too dark and formulaic. They're suppose to suggest lighting, but yours seem arbitrary.

Average on the whole, though.

welcome, jonposter
hope you enjoy your stay

Are you just pretending to be retarded? Because it's still being worked on, there's going to be more 2.1.x versions with better and better 3.0 export support until 3.0 is finally stable released.

Now where could my progress be?

>offensive

Work in progress implies they are actually working, which is a breath of fresh air coming from Unity.

Do you not know what offensive means? You can always look up the definition.

Wouldn't vr be a better implantation of a card game compared to pc or mobile? Considering the direct 1:1 comparisons of card handling?