Meme aside is true that most of americans don't know how to drive a manual car ?

meme aside is true that most of americans don't know how to drive a manual car ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmT10m4IGsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not even a meme at this point, nobody over here knows how to drive manual that I know except my own self.

I don't lol whatever fuck you anyways

I don't and none of my close friends drive them. Whether they know how to I dunno.

My dad hates me for knowing how to drive manual lel

Unrelated question but if I know how to ride a motorcycle do I basically know how to drive a manual car if I just acclimate to not having a slip clutch?

I do and a majority of my car friends do, but of my entire friend group is probably only about 10%

I'd say 1/10 of normies can drive manual. I'm the only person in my group of friends who can. My dad can't even drive standard, my mom taught me kek

ayy

Lol same here

At least my dad knows how to use a gun

Everyone here know how or had a manual car before. But then again I am in the uncucked part of Canada. If I go west by one province in Ontario no one knows how.

Americans can't even park in parallel or reverse in a spot.

It's true. Most can't.
The concept is the same. I went from riding all my life to a manual car. Took a bit of adjustment of clutching with my foot in the car.

If you live and commute in a big city, there's no point to DDing Manuel, so you'll find less people who know how in those places. If you've ever been stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway, an automatic is much more convenient, especially if you're in a car that's designed to get you from A to B and nothing else.

Most Americans under 40 haven't seen or been in a car with a manual transmission. only the cheapest of imports or semi trucks get the row your boat stick

My dad only owns one fun, while my mom owns at least 5

>growing up in the suburbs in Northeast
>ishygddt

I don't know how to ride a horse either user, not all of us are europoors who need to use outdated technology

it's similar, and whilst the skills might not directly transfer, the knowledge will. you shouldn't have any problems once you've learnt where the clutch starts to bite.

I didn't until I played around with manual mode in my automatic. Now I get the basic idea but still haven't driven one before

Normal people generally dont

Anyone who has any interest in cars can drive one just fine.

what's a manual car?

Doesn't seem so in my area of Canada. Alot of autos but everyone knows how to drive manual. Even manuals cost a premium in used cars. On high demand

That's actually a good thing
For me driving manual, that means that no one can steal my car. And even if they did, no one would want it because it's manual

Great for us car guys, bad for niggers

I can kind of do it, but I've only practiced a few times on my mom's honda civic. (No tach so I just have to feel it out.)

She tried teaching me when I was younger but I frankly didn't want to. I didn't start taking an interest in cars until very recently, and now all I think about is driving a manual. I still kinda suck at it though. and also I get worried about driving stick in heavy Denver traffic. But i want to get a Miata or a nice coupe at the least, and I Figured it's a good idea to learn.

Still can't get those slow starts from rest though

I'd say 1/5 Americans can drive stick, and 1/3 for Canadians.

I can't believe this fucking thread, it's like I live in a parallel universe or something. Even my fucking grandma can drive a manual.

If you can't drive stick and have no interest in learning you need to get the fuck out of Veeky Forums

This

manual is dying and no one drives it

automatic is the future everywhere and better

>I can wiggle a stick around and make my car move! If you can't do this, you clearly don't belong on a board about cars
(You) desu

I do, I hate driving anything auto in any kind of traffic honestly. I love driving and autos mostly ruin it

In your dreams, manual will always be the driver's nÂș1.

I really don't find this to be true myself. I also find myself more focused on the road

It's really not the same :/ all the work is in the clutch pedal, without that you just feel like you're changing gears at will, but actually having to smoothly or quickly engage them... That's the skill

Kill yourself and get a vasectomy

>manumatic mode
>basic idea

Manual driving is 20% gear shifting and 80% clutch control

This so so so much, I thought the same thing before I learned...

Tl;dr: LOLNOPE.JPG

>press clutch
>switch gears
>repeat

wow so hard manual is truly for geniuses only

Easy Ru Paul, we know you're btfo because you won't be able to give handjobs to your car when manuals areally replaced with superior automatics and DCTs.

>He doesn't know how to ride a horse
Pleb detected.

it's true, most normies have no idea how to drive a stick over here

>Future
The automotive hobby is dying anyways, might as well stick to your guns.
>Everywhere
Bandwagoning is not an acceptable argument.
>Better
Definitely arguable. F1 still uses manual gearboxes.

If you can't grasp basic fine motor movements, then you really should find a different board. /Disabled/ maybe, or /retarded/.

Being able to drive manual isn't anything special, it's not hard, but you should either be able to do it, or you should be willing to learn if you want to enjoy the full spectrum of the automotive world.

>Ru Paul
Actually, drag racers use automatics.

[ABRUPT JERKING INTENSIFIED]

Mine makes fun of me for driving a manual s10 because he drives an auto 96 two door Tahoe lmao

>manuals areally replaced with superior automatics and DCTs
I bet you can't wait until you can program a superior robotic woman to listen to you sperg out.

fixed

DCT is superior but I'm already bored as hell with manual transmission, so any automatic would be instant death by boredom in regular traffic.

It's true, I haven't even been in a manual car

>I'd say 1/10 of normies can drive manual
I hope the percentage isn't this low, but it could be.
People who want manuals actually like to drive, as in, they don't mind doing nothing else while driving.
The majority of people don't view driving this way though. Instead, for them a car is simply a method of getting from point A to point B, and why would they handicap themselves by not being able to do other things (text, eat, etc) while on the way?

>2017
>Not moving on the momentum you built when you pressed the gas in 1st and just coasting all the way to your destination

Kek

>Quebec is uncucked

user pls

I live in hickville so many do just because everyone drives an old farm truck or tractor at some point

Most of the people my age that I know don't even drive a car, period. We're in a world of shit, let me tell you.

people in the south love saying that they know manual, but from my experience its a solid 1 out of 5 people at best that know how to drive them. i remember at my first job it was me and one other dude out of like 25 people that drove a manual.

i dont know what its like in the north

Less people know how to drive a manual because less people have to learn.
Most people learn to drive on their parents' car.

More people buy automatic > more people learn to drive on an automatic > repeat

Now how many of you fags can drive a 3 on the tree?

Lot's do we just choose not too because automatics are a thing in the developed world. Bragging about your manual skills in 2017 is like bragging about knowing how to load a typewriter ribbon.

>Lots do

Old farts can do it, they just choose not to because they never experienced syncromesh. Under 40, it's a mixed bag.

>automatics are a thing in the developed world
so are fleshlights, but some of us prefer actual women

everyone I know has a manual vehicle or knows how to drive one. It's not hard but I'm not a faggot from the city

You fucking 50hp diesel is not a "actual" car. It's just a toy, Like a fleshlight. also... British Women... I'd rather fuck a fleshlight thanks.

The statistic is 18% of americans can drive manual

That's just modern people. My parents grew up driving manual, My grandparents grew up driving manual, and so on.

I don't know a single person who can't drive a manual transmission. My mom drives a manual, my wife drives a manual, all of my friends drive manuals, my sister in laws drive manuals, i have 4 cars with manuals.

>the future
youtube.com/watch?v=AmT10m4IGsw
You better make your last chance to drive count, faggot

I'd rather drive a 1.0L Corsa than an autotragic tbqh

>because they never experienced syncromesh
>implying they were truck drivers
top kek

This isn't /b/, frogposter, get lost.

Are you from yurop?

Or which state

nice meltdown cuck

"Nice meltdown, cuck" or "Nice meltdown cuck"?

why not both?