About to buy this in manual, did i make the right choice?

About to buy this in manual, did i make the right choice?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/NEW-Honda-Prelude-92-96-97-01-H22-VTEC-T3-T4-Turbo-Kit/251445392968
amarillo.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-rav/6228255584.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>buying a slow car
its never a right decision

Could always turbo, its not like its slow either, it does 0-60 in 7 seconds

ebay.com/itm/NEW-Honda-Prelude-92-96-97-01-H22-VTEC-T3-T4-Turbo-Kit/251445392968

Preludes were meant to be Automatic user, you fucked up. It's a high-tech machine, you need a state-of-the-art gearbox to go with it.

Really? I've read that the Automatic tend to burn money if the transmission fails, looking to save money too, i can find second hand models for 1500USD and low mileage

i doubt that he meant one with turbo
stock prelude arent fast

$1600 total for complete transmission restack, shifter rebuild, clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, and rear main seal.
Or $2500+ for a replacement automatic box which doesn't even come with the torque converter.
Your choice, really.

What about an Integra?

Best Prelude

The answer to that is super relative. Between the Prelude and an Aztek? Yes. Prelude and a 90s Jag XJ? Yes. Prelude and Pontiac Sunfire? Debatable.

>Aztek

lmao wtf how does that hold a candle to a Prelude?

Same deal, but if you have a tiptronic or DCT expect to take a small loan to fix your shit, and if you have a sequential... well...
I already know -those- people already have the money to spend.

Oh yeah, and these prices don't include the various R&I's that need to be done to pull a trans, which is different for every car but generally worth an hour or 2 labor.
And all of this shit gets 4 times more expensive if you think you need a car with AWD.

>About to buy this in manual, did i make the right choice?
I have seen some Preludes on Craigslist but didn't bother trying to buy because I can't seem to find any they haven't been poorly modified by illiterate cholos
Fucking Mexicans ruin every old Honda they can get their hands on

Why you gotta be racist man that's fucked up

That's the point.

Also, Prelude or equivalent Civic? About the same speed and both are built like legos but Prelude is arguably more fun, especially if you can get the SH.

Cheers

And spot on, realistically if the battle was between Accord V6 Coupe 6m or Prelude Type SH it'd be very tight but the SH is the obvious enthusiasts choice

Which brings up the old argument of WTF HONDA PLEASE START MAKING RWD SPORTY CARS WTF WTF

Yes, assuming lower miles and good condition.

So much bad information. It's a great car, you did good if you get a manual. 190HP 4banger, that takes turns like its on rails. Fun car... premium gas. Go to preludeonline.com for legit info not this Autsistic Mongolian basket weaving enthusiasts board for advice.

>how dare you call my slow honda bad, go check this circle jerk off out for real advice

fuck yourself redditor, its true

Prelude is bretty gud but the 2 door Integra hatch is better imo.

This is me and my parking buddy, a mint SH. Been parking beside him for years... hope I get to meet him one day

Good choice user I loved mine. They're a bit heavy but actually pretty quick and fun in corners. The H22 has decent torque as well. You'll get heaps of fags trying to race though.

>You'll get heaps of fags
I'm really tired of that scene though.

Nah, I've always liked those cause they look real sharp but I don't like front wheel drive cars.

Slow cars suck as autos.

Some1 explain why no fun honda made these fwd and not rwd?

Yes. Base or SH?

The auto trans is terrible, avoid at all costs. Honda made bad automatics in general back then.

>Honda made bad automatics in general back then.
no they didn't I got my first honda 5 years ago and I would rev the shit out of it and drop it into first and the transmission took it pretty good. I beat the car to shit and took it in fields it still runs today with 240k+ miles and is my bros car

>did i make the right choice?
yes.... double yes if its an si

Obvious b8

You're reading was correct, the H22 automatic transmissions are garbage and should be avoided at all costs.

They were quick for the time and are still faster than most brand new shitboxes. Also double wishbones everywhere so with a proper suspension setup they can handle very well.

Don't buy an automatic Integra unless you have a donor car to pull an entire manual swap from. The autos are shit, same as every other Honda auto made prior to ~2005ish.

Racial slurs aside, Mexicans do ruin old Hondas at a ridiculous rate compared to every other race.

The word "Mexican" is racist now?

>my personal experience trumps the experiences of thousands of other people who had premature transmission failures

I've always liked those. When I was in High School, we used to fuck with a guy that had a Type SH and tell him it was a Type SHit.
Times were different back then.

you're mad because he said the truth? what a fucking faggot.

>thousands of other people
sure kid

car farm?

In my area that integra would be stolen within hours

I went to Walmart and I was in and out of there 15 minutes and my 95 GSR was gone within that time frame.
>they found it in Long Beach the next day completely stripped

H22 VTEC kicks hard af bro.

The honda scene is fucking huge in my area and its all illegal fucking spics who do not speak any english. Caught 2 standing next to my car after I came out of the package store looking in my windows. I sat and waited to see what they would do and they tugged on the handles and I fucking flipped. I was carrying at the time and it took a lot for me not to save the tax payers years of welfare payouts with 2 hollow points. They sprinted to a parked SUV in the street and took off.

Luckily I have a less desirable car now to them and they just try to race me now instead of steal my shit.

I bought one last year, so far absolutely no regrets. 200hp FWD and 3000lbs don't sound like a recipe for fun, but you'd be surprised. An 8000 rpm redline, 4.3 final gearing, double wishbone suspension with Honda hydraulic steering and cable throttle with instant throttle response makes for a hell of a daily driver. They also have really nice interiors and build quality too. Consider that when new these were $40,000 cars and you realize that when a Prelude and a Civic both depreciated to 3k a Prelude is infinitely more car for the money. If you have any questions ask away, although I admit to being a bit biased.

That's why you live further north and garage your coupe when it snows.

Sorry, meant that they were 30k back then, which would make them 40k cars in todays money.

>makes for a hell of a daily driver.
I miss dailying mine. Pretty sure I'm going to sell my Civic and go back to driving my Prelude, just need to get a few things squared away with it. Couple years overdue for inspection too.

My problem with these cars is they weigh 3000lbs, hondas are meant to be small and light. H22 is a great engine though and they handle great.

Yeah, they're not as light as other Hondas. The thing is though, that this car was still before the time of 1000 airbags and electronic shit, so all that extra weight went into the bigger engine, nicer interior, and stiffer chassis. Preludes feel way more solid than a civic or Integra does, and although it's not as tossable it hides the weight well in corners.

H22 gets fucked rings and burns oil over 200k

Look for blue smoke OP

Hate my prelude. Fucker wont stop shaking when I have the AC on.

Sounds like your motor mounts are fucked

>In my area that integra would be stolen within hours

When I'm visiting friends/family in my hometown I usually leave my integra unlocked. If you walk down the street and check around half the cars are left unlocked all night
The joys of living in Canada eh

How would Turbocharging do on a VTEC?

Integra GSR or Prelude? I'm leaning towards Prelude since it's probably far less likely to get stolen

Kek this car is literally Twingo sedan with slightly sharper headlights

you can get a auto h22 tranny for like 300$ no one wants them

that prelude is not mint

man you need some wheel spacers and a bit of ride height that rear fitment is gross.
otherwise excellent taste

they didnt have a rwd platform to build from, if they developed a brand new platform it would have cost 80k new, and would not have been worth it. thus the modified accord floorpan, subframe and suspension
notwithstanding, it is really talented at what it does, being a sporty comfortable touring coupe. its not fast by modern standards but it more than keeps up with traffic, has a sweet engine and inputs and everything just feels "right."

thanks for the anecdote buddy

There were recalls. Don't be a moron. Honda automatics shat out before 100k on loads of early 00s cars. Doesn't mean that some weren't reliable. If yours made it past 100k, it's no surprise that it's gone on to do 200k.

check out boostedboiz youtube channel. the red hatch has a turbocharged prelude motor and it makes ~650hp on a hilariously tight budget

Good buy or meme car??

amarillo.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-rav/6228255584.html

Only if you're and illegal beaner, sJW cunt, or their cucked hanger on betas.

Until the carribian niggers, Bosnian gangsters, Syrian / Lebanese thugs, or Swarhy Arab goons move into your neighborhood and jacks your shit.

The browning of Canada is just getting started m8. And none of these newcomers have any respect for you, your lifestyle, or your laws because they don't respect weakness, and your country and people are doormats.

Yes actually, why don't you fuck off

It's. True. Enough. Said. Bitch

>fwd
>4 banger
>honda
>transverse mounted

I want 12 year old bench racers to fuck off

That's every Honda, you fucking mong. The Prelude and Integra GSR are great cars, how many other 3k beaters handle on rails and have 8000rpm+ redlines with short gearing and great inputs.

Ignore the faggots, user. The Prelude is great little coupe.

>great
whats so great about it?
geniuenly asking as i had one and i regret it
>little
its fucking big for a coupe

The 80s prelude is objectively the best one.

What did you regret about it? Great engine, good chassis, and nice interior and ride quality.

>Little
It is, especially in comparison to modern monstrosities. It was built on a midsize platform so of course it compared to other mid size coupes of the period.

its not bad, but its not great at anything either.
i regret buying it spontaneously, because with comprasion to other options within my budget at that time, it was slower and smaller

Hell yeah OP. Enjoy funtimes in your prelude.