This is my car. Its been driven like two times in 3 years

This is my car. Its been driven like two times in 3 years.

When I brake hard it swerves and you use the wheel to correct but the tires don't grip.

A mechanic said its totalled, brakes are shot.

Brakes and alignment can be fixed though.

So what do I do? I don't want to sell it to a parts yard.

It was owned by a true grandma driving in one small town for a looong time. The upholstery on the roof is falling, the glued on interior decals are falling apart....

But I think its a damn fine motor. I want a premium price if I sell it for parts. I'd rather keep it but I'm moving.

I'd have to do 50 on the interstate but I know I'd get it to my new home.

Is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>two times in three years
>is it worth it
do you honestly need to be asking this
the answer is no

Don't gotta be a dick about it man

Dude

Its the only car I own and the motor is great

>When I brake hard it swerves and you use the wheel to correct but the tires don't grip.
>A mechanic said its totalled, brakes are shot.
The car doesn't have ABS, you're fine.

Is it worth taking with me?

>Reddit Spacing
Kys, faggot.

Are you actually going to use it where you're going?

what good is a great motor if it gets no use, not to mention since its sitting around so much it wouldn't surprise me if its all sludged up and not so great

Dude I'm a decade user of Veeky Forums.

Fuck off.

Dude! ITS A CAR!!!

Yea I want something nice and shiny. But its a CAR. Needs work.

I got it for FREE. If I can, I'll dump cash in it. It can go for at least 20 years more.

Its been rode gently and put up dry

the way you write is so weird. so much punctuations, so much breaking lines, it annoy me to no end.

and you randomly use caps letters for no apparent reasons

Yes, it is, there's nothing wrong with it besides being old. When you're braking hard just remember to try to pump the brakes so you don't lose traction.

If it soothes your mind, I'm actually mentally disabled.

Its a damn fine motor.

A fresh paintjob, upholstery work, and a dab of glue.

It'll basically be brand new. Aside from mileage.

strange enough the 88 had ABS standard on every model after 1989

So what's wrong with my car?

Its like one wheel locks up.

It drives but screams when it brakes too fast

Take the oil pan off and look at what's inside.

from a blind and an uneducated point of view, i'd guess something's wrong with the brakes.

All those problems - brakes, alignment, headliner - can all be fixed. By yourself even if you're motivated enough. The decals? Probably not, but ebay has Type R stickers.

If you're worried about it breaking down at your new place, just have it towed there. Plenty of services that do that.

Takes one to know one

Why?

That shit worries me. Its a fine car. The motors oil can't cause swerving during brake duress.

I'm short on cash.

I need to switch batteries to start it

It mostly sits

if it seems to be coming from the front it might be a brake fluid issues might be a bad caliper.

Holy fuck that's one ugly ass fucking car

fix it up you stupid retard. Parts are dirt cheap for old GM garbages you could rebuild it all for 1K

Is it a manual? You can bump start it if it is. Also fix your brakes, it's not just your ife on the line.

Will you use the car enough to bother fixing it?

If yes, fix it.

If no, don't.

Whats the issue here?

jesus christ why are you so sentimental about this shitbox that you dont even drive?

Its a damn CAR. It drives.

Everyone needs to go places they can't walk to.

That's the issue.

Along with repairs

All my money goes to rent. I'm minimum wage in a 4 bedroom rented home and I am the only one working.

Its hell

Yes. Old GMC sedans are the best cars to murder people with because they are so nondescript.

Its so bland and boring you can't tell people what it looks like to differentiate it from the countless others that lol the same.

Brakes go bad pretty quickly on cars that sit for months. In the front you might have one stuck caliper and one caliper that isn't braking. If it has rear drums it probably needs new wheel cylinders and hardware. Who knows, might need a master.

All these parts are dirt cheap and easy to do for someone who's mechanically inclined. Now the car itself isn't worth anything so I'd be careful how much you spend on it in labor costs, but it's entirely fixable.

But here's the thing, you're better off not having the car if you only drive once a year. You're going to end up having to repair something every time you try to drive it again. Either sell the car or drive it a few times a month.

>Its a damn CAR. It drives.

So? If you tried to sell that right now you'd probably get $300 for it.

WHY are they not working?

Something tells me this guy lives in a house full of unemployed furries or something. These people hang out together like dying animals.

We're all dying animals.

Even if it's as good as you say it is it's worth like $800 max.

>A mechanic said its totalled, brakes are shot.
This confuses me.
You can entirely replace brake disks and pads. It's not even expensive if you go the ebay route or know what you're looking for at a junkyard.
How would that mean the thing is totaled?

i would never give over $400 for this pos

Doing calipers on all four wheels adds up in labor costs. Mechanic probably was going to charge more than the car was worth.

Then sell it. If for no other reason than you won't be paying for fuel and insurance on something you don't really use.

That's actually pretty funny!

My Grandma is retired and gets needles to her spine each month. My mom broke her hip, leg, and had a tumor the size of a football all within the last decade. My daughter isn't of legal working age.

That's why.

unless you plan on using it more often, it's not worth it financially in your situation.
I suggest putting whatever money you can aside every now and again to repair it yourself in case of an emergency and the vehicle is needed.

>My daughter isn't of legal working age.

Prostitution isn't legal anyway so put her to work.

And get a real job you idiot. Minimum wage positions exist to give student something to do, not for adults.

Fast food workers hold countless lives in their hands.

One envelope with anthrax shut down a lot.

Do you have any clue what burger flippers can do if they get pissed off enough?

If I spec it out and fix it myself is it worth it?

>Do you have any clue what burger flippers can do if they get pissed off enough?

Yeah, they can get kicked to the curb along with the rest of the human trash in the world.

shit at least drive it around the block once and awhile its a nice old car...

If you can ID the problem and do the work, it's worth it if you're going to drive the car. If the car's going to sit for another year you should sell it and put the money towards an Uber/Zipcar fund.

Nigger that can be interpreted as a terroristic threat you dumb cunt

Why did you have a daughter if you're mentally retarded? Also where's the wife?

I'm mentally disabled and not retarded.

Adults have physical needs too.

There is no wife.

My daughter's mother is also mine.

Can't you get a fucking benefits check, you retard?

I think it's pretty obvious what you need to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po

Enjoy your roadkill e. boli sandwich then. Give respect and get it.

DUDE NO THANKS I know labor costs. Its INSANE. A lawnmower repair guy wanted $70 to replace my mowers belt and it was a $10 part and a 10 minute job by a professional.

I can't justify paying someone $1000 an hour for shit I can do in an hour drunk!

So can many things. We all talk shit. Gotta vent somewhere. Hopefully not toi WW3 or a civil war.

If that was my comment I do not know what the fuck I said.

Imma watch

>the daughter's mother is also mine

>My daughter's mother is also mine.

[spoiler]o[/spoiler][spoiler]o[/spoiler][spoiler]w[/spoiler]

It's been driven twice in three years, you retard. Oil doesn't last forever.

He's 100% right, fuck off Reddit.