/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 3rd of May:
1491 – Kongo monarch Nkuwu Nzinga is baptised by Portuguese missionaries, adopting the baptismal name of João I.
1715 – A total solar eclipse was visible across northern Europe, and northern Asia, as predicted by Edmond Halley to within 4 minutes accuracy.
1791 – The Constitution of May 3 (the first modern constitution in Europe) is proclaimed by the Sejm of Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
1920 – A Bolshevik coup fails in the Democratic Republic of Georgia.
1921 – The Partition of Ireland; The Government of Ireland Act 1920 is passed, dividing Ireland into Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland.
2015 – Two gunmen launch an attempted attack on an anti-Islam event in Garland, Texas, which was held in response to the Charlie Hebdo shooting.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hekZHDiXOws
youtube.com/watch?v=dP9Wp6QVbsk
youtube.com/watch?v=RceLAhPOS9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=DvnXO2uVoNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder Araneye has been cucked 4 threads in a row now.

Croatian fascists have awoken.

SOON

>MEANWHILE AT OBERKOMMANDO DER WEHRMACHT
youtube.com/watch?v=hekZHDiXOws

So do i have to buy DH off steam to get it to work ive spent hours trying to get the op download to work, no success

Are you developing nukes?

>r&i so butthurt he disrespects his superiors
It's okay, little man. You'll get the next one.. maybe?

The one in the OP worked for me, but it was before Steamcordplaza took down the archive. Good luck getting the keylogger.ru one to work.

So I fabricated a strong claim on a neighbor territory, however the person who owns the land is not independent. To get that land I am supposed to declare de jure war on his liege, right ? Or would there be some other, more optimal ways to claim the territory ?

Disregard that, I suck cocks.

Nicky

Yeah, you declare war on the liege.

Let's say the Habsburgs never became as powerful, with Bohemia wrecked by the Hussite wars, who do y'all think would have become emperor?

Would it become hereditary a la Habsburg, or change owners like before them?

Or, alternatively, you can swear fealty to the liege, then press your claim from inside their realm. Lieges don't intervene in the internal conflicts of their vassals.

>Thanks user. Are there any extra precautions? Should I appear offline?
Nah. The literal only way you'd get banned is if you told your friends you were pirating and they told a mod, or you directly told a mod yourself. There is no sekrit spy detector kits, unless you tell people you're pirating they won't know.

well in any of my games where austria gets removed from play it's always fucking Ansbach that becomes emperor so probably them.

youtube.com/watch?v=dP9Wp6QVbsk

Aye, cheers.
Yeah that's why I got a bit insecure, I saw that happening on a video and it seemed way more secure than going to war with the entire liege-line. Thanks for the tip.

LAD, liberate a gross Ba'athiums uniums.

So I made the mistake of trying to play eu4 as a primitive nation for the first time. I couldn't take it any more so I ended it 100 years early. Aside from france europe really dropped the ball when it came to colonization.

You mean Emperor of the HRE? Probably Brandenburg.

>Lieges don't intervene in the internal conflicts of their vassals.
Doesn't King can enforce internal Peace?

>germans aren't autis-

Ya, I'll "Liberate" them alright
youtube.com/watch?v=RceLAhPOS9Q

>catholic turks
Would they be considered European in this timeline?

Yeah of the HRE.

Isn't that Luxembourg's possessions though? Not really Brandenburg.

>catholic turks
Quintessentially Latin Empire.

the sultan's concubines were all christian

>what is feudalism

k lads

>europeans aren't autis-

To this day Christian women in Turkey carry pic related as mace.

Leningrad and Moscow are the only Soviet cities left.
Austro-German-Japanese victory is certain.

youtube.com/watch?v=DvnXO2uVoNc

What's your point exactly? What's so autistic about counties/duchies?

>what is muslim balkanization

that's way more pleasent

I have 830 hours in EU4 since I bought it in november

do I have a problem?
inb4 >eu4

What the fuck happened in Moscow and Petersburg? Did German just surround the city doing nothing while capturing other non-city provinces?

Okay

Post 'em.

t.euroautist

Syria and Iraq have been annexed into the Third Reich.
The path to Suez is open and lightly guarded.

I think it's hardcoded into their AI file. They're waiting for a peace event is what's likely happening.

pleasant*

Why do people pretend Osaka is or has ever been an important city?

I'm Canadian, but you're the autistic one for not taking a moment to imagine how the european borders came to be. There was no centralised authority so they squabbled over land, there were different regional dialects and subcultures, there were hills and streams that were convenient borders, etc.

The British Mandate for Palestine is now under German control.

William Friedman is being shipped there as we speak.

yes

Osaka is very important.

Osaka is shit. Easily the worst place I've been in Japan.

>canadians aren't autis-

>cultural map
>but lakes are included
>lots of spots with gaps in the borders
You're an asshole

I didn't make the map, man.

What's a good game to play as a comfy city state?

Never mind, map seems fine but mspaint fucked with it on opening

blobby 4 or crusader cucks 2

I'm glad Beagle has embraced the fact he looks like a sectoid

xcom gsg when

is arumba /autismo/?

maybe if you took the world map from 2 but removed the actual missions, but that would still be kind of lame

For any modders in the thread, is there a way to directly compare two nations division count in Vicky 2? Trying to write the ai logic for a couple of events where the ai has to decide whether or not to go to war. Hell, even just comparing military score would suffice.

I have a bunch of open land slots in my capital duchy.

Should I fill them with castles, cities, or temples?

Do you want more castles to hold personally? Then castles.
Do you not need more castles to hold personally? Then cities.

fill it with your seed

we need a new image for OP with stellaris

Is it ever a good idea to build temples?

Gonna stop here for tonight

In the span of a month the brave men of the USMC have clawed our way back across the Pacific.
Midway, Truk, Guam. All have come back into American hands.

We now set our sights on Iwo Jima, a small volcanic rock that will put our Strategic Bombers well within striking distance of the Home Islands.

Meanwhile, the British have landed in the Philippines.

Last minute intelligence saw the USMC instead landing on Okinawa.

Curtis LeMay is on his way.

With much help from me, the closest thing to historical accuracy in this game is beginning to take shape.
Anglo-Saxon Northumbria has taken control of London and surrounding areas, and now controls a majority of the (mostly Norse) British Isles

When you need a temple before you can build more castles or cities.
Think you can get around that with business focus though.

If you're Iqta

>no new dev diary for nearly a week
Why has Johan forsaken us?

Is it better to have tax shifted or levy shifted noble obligation laws?

its better to not play with conclave desu

I like to set my nobles to full levy and set burghers to full tax. Set up a merchant republic vassal and you're rolling in dough.

>nothing for the Fatimids, Ayyubids, or Abbasids

Castles, since they get a 50% levy bonus in your capital and a 25% levy bonus in your capital duchy, while there's no similiar economic bonus to make cities more worthwhile, with the indirect effect of having higher tech in general.

there was one today you nigger

So now that you've gotten a foothold on Okinawa, what's the next step of your master plan?

Crashing the home islands with no survivors?

But if nobles are the ones controlling 95% of the empire then wouldn't that mean you're missing out on a massive ammount of money by lowering their taxes?

You know say you have 5 cities in a county who are paying 40% tax to the ruler who then pays only 20% tax to you since they're feudal.

beagle best girl

>Get courtier with kingdom claim
>Give them a kingdom tier republic
>Press their claim
>Dual kingdom republic

brigades_compare = x and military_score = x

Thank you! I totally missed that. That'll certainly help the ai not be quite so suicidal. Now if only there was a way to compare mil tech of countries... Hm.. I suppose I could do a very long list of;

modifier = {
factor 1.1
AND = {
tagA = mil_tech
NOT = {
tagB = mil_tech
}
}
}

with vice-versa for not having a mil_tech they do. That might be a bit extreme, though.

ja

With that answered, I'm going to bed. Over 800 lines of code to run the events of Duke Leopold's flight to Gaeta and the subsequent attempt by the liberal government to get statehood in the Roman Republic.

Republics are a fucking bitch to deal with, they give you shit for troops and tend to have enough money to kill you off if you offend them.

Should I?

Yes

>Or would there be some other, more optimal ways to claim the territory ?
Insight a rebellion and press your claim on the rebelling army.

The real question is how are you going to convert Ethiopia to Nestorian when you don't control any holy sites?

Where's a good/better site for the capital of Kamrani Persia: Shiraz or Esfahan?

>being religiously intolerant
>2017

You ought to be banned.

Shiraz is the City of Gardens. Put it there.

>Nestorian

Well, you don't control any Messalian holy sites either. Converting Africa's going to be troublesome.

what's the point of westernizing in M&T?

>messalians
>praising lucifer

i assume that johan is at it again?

That's a cool mask