Playerunknown's Battlegrounds General /pubgg/

Please someone make some memes edition.

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide and general tweaks
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amunLrcDkIg
twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/859779204258209794
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think ultimately we can agree that

>the game has an interesting foundation to grow from

I don't think the game, as it is, necessarily fails at anything other than performance issues (which is huge), but it has a low of mechanics that are just simply bad. They get balanced out on the whole by the positive experiences the game does have, but it's obvious what the next steps should be - trying to eliminate those negatives while amplifying the positives.

I think PUBG is the perfect early access title. It's exactly the sort of game that EA should be, but it needs to do a lot to get out of this. So far we have had some pretty shoddy performance patches, some weird design choices (Why did Crossbows vanish from loot tables for awhile again?) and a number of things that need to be fixed which I'm not sure it will. I think one problem to consider as well is, the Vector being added addressed a pretty big issue with the availability of .45 SMG's, but is this the reason why he added it? Or did he do it because it's a cool looking gun he thinks players would want? We don't know.

Time will tell if PU will fuck up his creation or not.

Nth for should i sell preorderset or wait

Sell

Being cheeky is the key to victory.

This game is getting more popular every week. In two month's time the trenchcoat is going to be worth four thousand dollars.

are you ANELE

thanks, we need more webms here

happened to me too many times but I've not blown up yet

Bunker confrontations are scary af.

I think I've seen that terrifying head roll/loll in Resident Evil before.

>all teammates dead
>last guy pinning me behind tree while prone in grass with vector
>2 of his teammates are in crit and crawling toward me like lepers
>[nervous farting intensifies]
>round over
>??
>vector guy didn't move into playzone

Lord have mercy that was sweat city.

You should send that one to dearsomeone...

>Arabic

Lets say I have a beefy dedicated rig available, how would I go about hosting a custom server for you lot?

Reminder to not ad hominem when arguing with someone as it adds nothing to the argument and makes you look immature. That is all.

where the rule 34 at i need to fap

if they're going make night mode flash hidre can be valuable but for now it's almost useless

t. blind person

Flash hider helps with recoil by the way

Who are you rooting for?

Sac and break ofc

I don't watch other people play videogames. I'm not autistic. They're all literally who tier for me.

No they don't. They only eliminate muzzle flash.

Yes they do.

Nobody watches all of them. At most people will know streamers here 2-4 and there rest are "literally who".
I personally don't watch streams when I have ability to play. I turn streams on as podcast when doing something else or tired. Believe it or not some people are actually entertaining to listen to

Says so in tooltip

lol

holy shit I think that was the squad I was in

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

They literally don't. Try firing with and without one at a nearby wall. The recoil is the same.

Yeah, and the tooltip for the tommy gun says you have infinite ammo for it while wearing a trenchcoat, and that's wrong too.

>Yeah, and the tooltip for the tommy gun says you have infinite ammo for it while wearing a trenchcoat, and that's wrong too.
You're confusing tooltip with flavor text.

Read the first sentence. You're wrong.

>run into a house just ahead of someone else
>find shotty, load 1 shell in
>pop the guy chasing me as he goes for the jump punch
>he sails past me into the wall, dead

wew

winning sniper fights due to circle rng is pretty funny

i think right now only pubg partners can host custom games, which is mainly streamers

>they're working on 2 new maps already
is this going to be one of best survival game on PC?

what is this shitty resolution

female characters are hot AF tho

yes but don't say that in vg

the circlejerk "game will always be bad" group will show up

How about fixing the game first.

I'm expecting an NA match
Lirik, TimThetatMan, Doc, Josh, summit etc
To be honest I have never seen the EU Streamer on this list.
forsen? hmm I only know him

>optimize
I do not want anything else right now.
Just optimize. Do it

sacriel is eu, and he's pretty solid

Sacriel is absolute trash, he always has good players carry his retarded ass through every match. The guy has absolutely no sense of situational awareness, even when his team will shout an enemy's position he just stands in shitty exposed spots. I tried watching him to see why he had so many followers, golly what a blunder that was. The worst part was britbongs throwing donations at him. Why does he even have a webcam when he's some buck-toothed looking dork. What the fuck.

>no pyramid
what
the
fuck
????

Sacriel routinely gets carried by stodeh and jackfrags

By skill though, break is best player on eu so sac/break should have it

REEEEEEEEEEEE

FIX DESYNCING AND PEOPLE LAGGING AROUND. I KEEP LOSING FIREFIGHTS TO THIS BULLSHIT.

I don't understand people who watch streams with facecam. Literally why. What's there to gain from it. Greenscreen shit is even more annoying

or greenscreen shit and a guy who dresses up and roleplays while streaming with a facecam

Helps normies feel like they have a fren instead of accepting that they're pathetic losers watching someone play a vidya.

get a grip, punk kid

>unironically uses "normie"
>doesn't understand that he is the pathetic loser in this equation

>when you win a squad game all solo

Game is downloading, so what graphic option are unnecessary and will bog down the game kind of like ubersampling and Lara´s hair fluttering?

all you might want on high are textures and view distance
ultra gets shitty sometimes
everything else can be set to low

screen render can be 100-120%

normie detected

Are you seriously proud of being a NEET who has never experienced actual social relationships outside of shitposting on Vanuatuan Copra harvesting network?

What on earth could be bad about being a normie?

Thanks

I'm not a NEET, never been. I've done my schools and I've been working for years now. Also, I have a social life (pretty shitty one; my fault tho).
I still don't identify as normie. It's more of a mentality thing I think. Can't really explain it.

based fucking lirik will own all those scrubs

youtube.com/watch?v=amunLrcDkIg

This. This SO much.

its time to stop samefag

You've been tricked.

You want AA and post processing on Ultra, and view distance at low (it governs terrain detail only, you can still see players just fine.

making aa ultra makes shit more blurry than it needs to be

Take two on the advanced camping strats. I got a feeling I'm handicapping myself by staying static...

Why were you using alt to look around? Then you can't shoot... An so you died to somebody ARing you.

Also, that shotgun sucks against armored people.

That looked laggy as fuck

twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/859779204258209794

>Focused on preventing fucking stream sniping instead of all the glaring optimisation bugs and netcode issues

How does the dev even have a solution for stream sniping? Seems out of his control. Just use delay.

3rd win in a row.
Why are asians so bad at shooting games?

Randomise names and the client, like Rust does

Why do you hide your name sperglord

They probably haven't autistically practiced for over a decade, like most of us.

Anyone else having issues with the audio? Like a crackling sounds in the lobby + when you're close to red circle?

>game going great
>getting great cover, finally gitting gud with kar
>6 people left
>last circle is open field, go for bushes
>die to a shotgun blast from some guy proning in the same bushes the whole time

This game can be frustatingly anticlimactic

White square on the map is 50 meters right?

This game takes mostly common sense.
Majority of the kills were just headshotting people behind cover in a way that revealed their backside to 1/3 of the play area.
The last kill was the guy crawling on an open field in the middle of the play area, facing the wrong way.
It's like they don't have any sense of how they appear to rest of the world.

Yeah it's fun

Acquiring that sense is harder than you might think. What you think is obvious common sense might not even occur to them. I've played with friends that are otherwise good at games, but haven't played many shooters, and they do stupid shit all the time.

Oh, okay.
Still the chance of stream sniping seems low.
Definitely something that should be low priority.

Takes like an hour, or half an hour, to make anti-stream sniping system. Will take months to optimize the game.
How stupidly unaware are you of game development?

>Takes like an hour, or half an hour, to make anti-stream sniping system.
Enlighten me
>Will take months to optimize the game.
That's frankly not good enough

It's literally wasted time?
The streamer can just hide his mini map
Other things are useless since the people watching the stream will be able to recognise where he is

That's gonna be a core problem throughout the entire game. They will always balance/tweak towards esport/streamer favour instead of making a working fun game first.

>The streamer can just hide his mini map
>Other things are useless since the people watching the stream will be able to recognise where he is
You literally said that mini map doesn't matter, because people can tell where he is without it... Did you put ANY thought into your comment?

>if streamer mode enabled
>for each player, generate random name for streamer client

>if streamer mode enabled
>generate random name to send to other clients for display instead of true name

That's how simple it is.

Streamers really aren't getting sniped, at least lirik and sacriel aren't

Did I? Or did you not understand what I wrote you fucking nigger.

Ad hominem, argue like an adult with him :)

"Hmm I got into a game the exact same time as the streamer"
"Oh there he is in the lobby"
"Oh the same number of players alive as the streamer"

Your idea doesn't help anything.

allahu akbar