What's the point of buying a performance car if you can only go fast on tracks? And nobody say 0-60 times...

What's the point of buying a performance car if you can only go fast on tracks? And nobody say 0-60 times, slamming the pedal gets old after a week and just wastes gas. Face the facts Veeky Forums, the sportiest car you can justify buying is a Miata or an mr2

who fucking cares pussy

>go 159kmh on a freeway
>lose your license

>australia

You think posting this opinion is "contrarian", but most people here will agree with you. They all drive $3k Civics with manuals.

It's ALWAYS more fun to driver a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow.

My boss drives a Maserati and it feels like you're going 55 mph when you're actually going 90. You're never pushing the limits of the vehicle so it's never fun. I have more fun in my coworker's 2005 Accord manual.

Performance cars are for people looking to flaunt their money. That's pretty much it.

>You're never pushing the limits of the vehicle so it's never fun.

And if you DO push the limits of the vehicle, you're in the "he will surely die if he wrecks, and he will go to jail if a cop sees him" zone, so it's just nerve racking unless you're a total moron with no regard for your life or other people's lives.

I like to drive into the ghetto, throw it in neutral and just redline the shit out my car. Some dumb nigger or bean nigger always tries to roll up talking shit and race me. I talk shit back and rev the fuck out and when the light turns green I coast all chill and watch them get pulled over real quick. Fuck niggers.

i saw this pic on reddit too! :D

>under 100 mph
>lose your liscence
And they call the US a police state

At 100mph your don't have enough time to react to someone pulling out in front of you or a child running out into the road. It's basically a game of Russian roulette with other people's lives. He's lucky he doesn't go to prison and have his car impounded

If it was on a freeway then that's ridiculously harsh. 100 mph / 160 kph isn't that bad unless it's in town.

>Not enough time to react

Who the fuck is feeding this garbage down your throat?

I could walk out in front of you at 25mph and you wouldn't have time to react.

It's always about conditions and mitigating risk.

100mph is perfectly safe as long as you mitigate risk.

>child running out on the freeway

Like a semi truck could stop at 70mph

maybe he wasn't on a highway

If a kid runs out on a freeway they deserve to be hit

you must have never driven a semi

yea just 2 semi trucks trotting along a straight road
clearly a residential area

semis have more tires and brakes so they can stop faster than cars. i've seen it happen many times at my job.

So race car drivers must instantly die when they go 200mph right?

>100 mph on the freeway

you're right nobody is impressed because that's cruising speed

Ain't care motherfucker, I'm not living in your shallow existence, I'm living in mine, Ill do what the fuck I want and I'll deal with the consequences like a man instead of shying away from danger.

>spot the Aussie politician
What are your opinions on private firearms ownership while you're here?

People should neither own firearms nor airsoft firearms, because there is no actual need for them and they provoke violence.

>98 mph

Christ, I do that pretty much weekly.

Savage as fuck.

In the US you wouldve just gotten a ticket, especially if you dont get caught often

>98mph
>loses license
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, holy shit. I drive past cops on the way to work doing 90 almost every day and don't even get a ticket.

Maybe he had a bunch of previous marks on his license, and this one was the one that pushed it over the edge?

Not sure if troll or stupid.....
"In general, it takes an 18-wheeler 40 percent longer to come to a complete stop than an average car. Depending on road conditions and reaction time, that discrepancy can be even wider.

The stopping distance for a tractor-trailer that is fully loaded on dry pavement going at 60 mph is approximately 335 feet - a little over the distance of a football field. Keep in mind this does not include driver reaction time or the .5 second delay found in air brakes."

>"100mph is perfectly safe as long as you mitigate risk"

Yeah the risk is going 100 MPH and being in less control of the car. If you're going to go significantly faster than the recommended speed limit on the highway/ road/ whatever, you're only being a risk to yourself and the people around you. Maybe you can react well but some other Joe doesn't have the same reaction time and awareness as you and in that case something is bound to happen. If your're gonna go that fast take it to a track or something, I feel like there's a time and place for everything and our fun isn't worth another ones life dude.

>I don't know how air brakes work

A friend of mine got busted doing 70 over in 70 zone, about 10 years ago. He got a $1400 fine and 3 month loss of license. Considering all the anti hoon laws i wouldn't be suprised if there was worse penalties now.

Australian's need to take back their country. Cops in America don't bat an eye at 100 on the highway as long as you're not racing and/or look like a nigger.

>friend did 140mph
What car?
Post bread and time stamp on car if you want anyone to believe you.

>Australian's
>>'s
>>>'

Yeah that's like normal highway speed in California

>slamming the pedal gets old after a week
My car isn't even fast and I still love slamming the pedal after over a year of owning it. You might be gay.

Because they use the same safety equipment as passenger cars

>anti hoon laws, 70 over in a 70
sounds like a skippy to me, 140kph not that impressive

thinks the sportiest car worth owning is a miata or mr2, of course OP is gay

In Virginia you can catch felony reckless driving charges doing that speed.

I'll take a suspended license over a felony any day.

>Autobahn had the fewest deaths per kilometer

You can plea it down if it's your first time.

>there is no actual need for them
Self defense, home protection and having a hobby are all valid reasons to own a firearm.

hey look the australian with tall poppy syndrome

This is bait isn't it? Guns provoke violence as much as forks provoke eating

I was pretending to be an Aussie politician.

A loaded truck going highway speed takes over 200 yards to stop. I don't know who taught you retards we can stop on a dime, but 80000lbs doesn't do anything quickly.

>98.7 mph
>lose your license
Lmaoing @ ur life senpai, why would you live in that hellhole

No one ever chose to live in Australia, they're all victims of circumstance

That doesn't look like a highway though.

things like this make me think fuck Australia.

Just buy a small rev happy hatch back and spend your money on coilovers and sway bars.

You get to enjoy it on the street more and get less police attention.

cops are just doing their job mate

Loving these arguments my burger. Maybe come back when your road death stats aren't more than double of our's per 100,000 people.
Aus is a pathetic nanny state but the statistics speak for themselves.

I got pulled over doing 136 in a 65 in good ol' Texas and got away with a $350 ticket

Yet there is a retard here trying to say that the consequences of ignoring the rules are more severe in Australia in this thread.

Guess you did pretty well then

I took a few trips in my '04 Mustang last year where I hit 120mph in a 55 in the middle of the night and never got spotted.

Good thing I stopped doing that shit since the last six months the roads are crawling with police at night, pulling people over.

FUCK COPS TRYNA STEAL MY CROPS

>since you can only go fast on tracks

>Pass the buck!
>As long as I have thugs do my dirty work no one can complain because the thugs are just doing their jobs, and no one knows who I am!

>in one small state on the East Coast
Wew that matters so much to the rest of us.

>In Virginia you can catch felony reckless driving charges doing that speed.
It's almost always reduced.

The speed limits are for 1940s cars, in america everyone drives 10 over (5 if cop nearby) and really bro, i can tell you that modern engineering has in fact made it safe to drive at 100 mph everywhere.

Seems like a busrider

You mean production cars? Pretty much the only difference is no roll cage

>Only going fast on tracks
What are you some kind of cuck?

I regularly do 20-40 over and have never gotten a ticket for speeding. I race likeminded individuals, I floor it off the light, I do donuts in parking lots, never one ticket for anything other than the windows being tinted. It's really not that hard. But even if I did get a big ticket, it's just the cost of having fun.

Make more money. If you can't afford the tickets you should do something smart with your money instead of buying a fast car.

The problem with tickets isn't affording them.

And you've just been incredibly lucky or driven for a very short period.
You'll get a $1,500 license losing 40 over ticket if you keep driving like you, it's just a matter of time.

Going fast on tracks.

If you can afford a sports car you can afford a $200 track day once a month.

>inb4 BUT MUH PRACTICAL DD I MUST BE PREPARED FOR HAVING TO HAUL THREE KIDS, A WIFE I DON'T HAVE, A LOAD OF COSTCO SHIT, AND FURNITURE!

>ride motorcycle
>my weeaboo faggot life is the only one at risk

ha, what now?

I noticed that on average people drive faster in Cali than in WA when I went on a roatrip there. Also I never saw one cop, or anyone pulled over, but cops were everywhere in Oregon.

All of the Cali speed limit signs say "radar enforced" or even "enforced by aircraft" or something like that. What is the purpose of those? Isn't that a waste of money?

Radar detector fammo.
Where I'm at, cops keep their radar on 90% of the time and they only use Ka band so there are no false alerts.

And money pays tickets but it also pays for good lawyers.

>Isn't that a waste of money
Yes, yes it is. While it is pretty rare to get hit by one, there is some kind of aerial vehicle that gets people for speeding. I think they use drones, but I'm not certain.

Why even pull over at 140 mph

Ahaha what? Why dont you cut in front of a semi and slam the brakes to test that? Ill wait.

How are you going to lose the cop at 140? Their cars can go that fast in a straight line, and if your speed limits say "mph" on them, you're not going to see many curves.

No - You slow down and get bullbar'd.
No - You try to flip it around but need too much space and run off the road because of your speed
You pray for a gentle exit onto a back road that has some forks and intersections, leading back to the highway eventually, and hope it appears before the cop considers you hard to catch and radios for a roadblock

Yes KA is nice because only police use it, but a motor cycle cop hidden from oncoming view burst lasering cars as they drive past can still get you.
So can air craft or any cop that just happens to see you doing your 40 over.

You're not invincible, you will get caught. I know, I was. Twice.

if my car is controllable at 100mph on a technical track, it's even more controllable on a straight freeway at 100mph

autobahn has the fewest deaths per kilometer
its not my fault your drivers are total fucking shit

I know it will happen eventually...

But until then I'm living my life a quarter mile at a time ;)

I wish I was still young and careless.
Now I worry about brake failure. I worry about suspension failure and fuel line failure.
I used to thrash busted cars at their limit on back roads where a tiny mistake could kill me.
Now when it rains I worry that I'll understeer on a turn.

I want to go back.

>wrx
>sti fin
Do Australians really do this?

I feel it happening to me too. My priorities changed to fitting Hawk pads, rear disks, braided hoses, new headlights, and new bushings instead of building the engine.

Gays don't claim him either. he's just a fag.

>implying only ausfags do this

>I noticed that on average people drive faster in Cali than in WA when I went on a roatrip there.

Yes. Don't come to LA-SD. We're the shittiest drivers in a state full of shitty drivers. I live a life of constant danger literally just navigating through a strip mall parking lot to eat lunch. I don't know how I haven't died on my 30 mile commute.

At least your car will be safe.

>still have no airbags or any modern crash stuff

For all the retards posting

I drive on that exact road

Road is sign posted at 80km/h, its not a motorway, so the guy is a fucking retard

>Isn't that a waste of money?
Nah signs are cheap

I just break the law and speed anyways, tickets are just the fast driving tax!

usually the max you can do in highways in australia is about 100kph and usually limitless in the northern territory

as much as i equally love it i equally hate its asanine laws

/k/ also fucking hates it

As if that's any better than the fucking 100/kmh that we do get on the freeway.

You can't really get away with that mentality in Australia.

Why would a child doing on a controlled access freeway? Is australian road shit?

I live near the Autobahn.

you sound extremely cool and definitely not 13

I was pulled over doing a pass at 160km/h and accelerating when I got pulled over.

I had just got the carnout of the shop, wherenit was for almost 6 months. I was hit with a $1070 fine for not having my insurance papers on me, and a $172.50 fine for speeding, she only wrote me up for doing 120 in a 100.

Told me if I brought my insurance papers to the station she would drop that charger.

I ended up paying the speeding ticket and actually got a refund back in the mail because both tickets had been cancelled.

One of the same reasons people buy guns.

>There isn't a cop on every corner
And if this isn't true for you, then lmao'ing @ ur cuck lifestyle
Here's your (You), now KYS, my lad.

(you)

>speeding kills xdidididi

How about ticketing both speeders and people who hog the middle/passing lane under the speed limit.