Sorry I made a thread a couple days ago but now the car came back and I know more info. If not...

Sorry I made a thread a couple days ago but now the car came back and I know more info. If not, Ill just send it to a repair shop to look at but figured I'd try here one more time

I have a S63 with completely fine interior, exterior, etc

Only thing not working is the engine because it died after being driven in a very large puddle (didn't touch body of the car though, was not *that* high)

All the electronics work. However, they only worked when I charged the battery. I left it overnight to charge and it didn't work. I'm thinking I didn't give it enough charge so I'm leaving it overnight again.

If it doesnt work tomorrow then I know the battery needs replaced and if I get a miracle the car will start and I will own an S63. But I need advice as to what to do if it doesn't.

Also note the air suspension isnt working and car is sitting very low but hoping that is just because battery has been dead, and also some of the airbags and shit have been torn apart to get to the engine but I dont think that effects the car not turning on?

Need as much help as can get as wtf to do with as little $ as possible

>>wtf to do with as little $ as possible

You stupid fuck, you have a dead S63 and you don't know how or have the connections to re-jigger it yourself. By the time you're done you may as well have bought a working S63, jesus christ.

Which s63?

do you know what it costs to do a full engine replacement? go on buddy, take a guess

yeah, you have no clue. and judging the amount of water its in, the problem is probably much less complicated than that

pic related but 2016 not 15

You need to just haul it to the nearest German garage.

Trying to doctor up your salvage find on your own isn't gonna work. I k ow this because of the fact that you think an anime image-sharing messageboard is able to help you.

I'm still scratching my head about your dad's insurance company declaring a full Total yet not taking the broken car but whatever

Worst case, you sell it as a water damaged vehicle that DNR... you'll still get a ton of cash for it. With the proceeds go buy some other AMG that's slightly older. Win win

AIRMATIC will only operate when the engine is on. Same for Active Body Control.

They only take the car if declared Salvaged. It's not.

And thats an option but I still think it's revivable someway.. Hmm

I will do that if nothing here helps lol

If the water wasn't even as dep as the bottom of the body how could it have possible effected the engine or electrical?

Why not just tell us the whole truth? Your story makes no sense

>the engine of my car doesn't work
>actually its just the battery
>I drove through a few inches of water
>it has water in it
>do suspension parts make the engine not work guys?

I mean based on your information provided I would guess you drained the battery by leaving an interior light on after you drove in the puddle. You mistakenly thought it was the engine had a problem. You charged the battery improperly and probably still left a light on thus repeating the cycle until you started to rip the engine apart for no reason.

Or you can tell us how deep the puddle was. 6 inches or 12 inches or 24 inches. You have to go pretty deep to fuck up the engine and electrics. I have driven through 2 feet and several different cars with zero negative results. I have purchased a vehicle that had a front end completely submerged in a lake for an hour with mud up to the front foot wells and zero engine or electric problems.

Go turn off your overhead lights or tell us how deep the water was.

So if the car is salvageable they'll take it, but if they deem it to be completely fucked they let you keep it. Makes sense. But if that's true, what doesn't make sense is you trying to salvage a car that experts have deemed unsalvageable...

That being said it would be so killer to have a 63 as a daily, I'm really hoping for all this to pan out in your favor. Please don't put huge shiny rims on it!

Also did any anons figure out how much a brand new engine would be? Always on the table

>Also did any anons figure out how much a brand new engine would be?

Should be somewhere around 14k

I wasnt in the car when it happened but I was told it was about to the middle part of rims. Could have been splashing the effects engine bay. It is always dangerous to drive in 6+ inches of water. Water was around 6 inches

>but if they deem it to be completely fucked they let you keep i
It's not deemed completely fucked. An engine replacement != car completely fucked

> what doesn't make sense is you trying to salvage a car that experts have deemed unsalvageable...
You're talking about the engine? Ordering new engine = mechanics get all $$$$. Ofc they're going to try and milk the insurance as hard as they can

New engine is $80,000+ btw

If 14k, doable.

If 80k, holy shite!

14k was for an older iteration so disregard that

But that's for a full engine replacement. The car was not in that much water. If mechanics get 80k off an engine they make a shit ton, it's unlikely the car has 80k worth of damage from a puddle...

There is no point to these threads until you have some information to share with us.

The engine costs about $20,000 and there are very few of them. You could do the swap yourself if you have the time skills and money. So far in my experience with my Mercedes is that you really have to use genuine Mercedes parts because most of the others don't fit.

its fucked lol, sell your car for parts and get a civic

>fucking with anything to do with an s class

You probably just made it worse. Your only hope would be to send it to some german mechanic unless you are a professional mercedes mechanic, which you aren't.

maybe I sound retarded but is it possible to drop in a non amg engine into an s63? You would still have a cool daily

The wiring harness and electronics won't match you really need the same engine to work with the same ECU.

There hasn't been one Scotty picture posted wtf is going on

I don't know Mercedes are too fancy, maybe an electronic got fried have you tried removing the battery and plugging it back in