Can we all admit a lifted diesel truck is the best all around vehicle?

Can we all admit a lifted diesel truck is the best all around vehicle?
> super comfy and reliable so it makes a perfect dd
> very safe and can drive in any condition also perfect for off-roading
> can haul shit with it
> makes county girls panties wet
> more torque than many exotic super cars and can last 300k miles easy
> inb4 weaboos start posting their riced out 120 hp shitboxes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1L7f3oN_HlM
youtube.com/watch?v=eww6GY45TgE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Epic thread OP

B8 thread, but you're kind of right. No one really needs a lift, and they degrade the drivetrain quicker. I'd probably want something lighter for off-roading with a better weight distribution, but they ain't bad. Diesel I'm kind of eh on.

Not that safe, prone to rollovers.

Wheelbase is too long and they're too heavy to be good offroaders, yeah you can make it across bumpy dirt but there's a reason people buy Wranglers.

I don't have a thing for overweight inbred country girls, maybe you do though.

Torque doesn't matter when a 200hp shitbox can still outrun you, yeah they can be legitimately fast when you swap the turbo but any car is fast with enough mods.

Sure the block/head will probably last 300k, but good luck getting the rest of it to without expensive maintenance.

>Wheelbase is too long and they're too heavy to be good offroaders

git gud.

>there's a reason people buy Wranglers.

So they can strap on hi-lift jacks that they'll never use and knock down dudes in the back?

>Torque doesn't matter when a 200hp shitbox can still outrun you

Never underestimate a tuned brotruck. It doesn't take a lot to make them stupid fast in a straight line.

Nice micropenismobile

Loving every laugh

You are steering a boat, not driving a car.

Its this stigma combined with my lack of needing a truck that has ruined it, I just wanted to be a bro

What's the point of lifting a truck without portal axles?
The ground clearance is barely changed at all.

I assume it's ironic cosplay.
There is no other reasonable explanation.

Here's a proper truck with portal axles.
Note how it has actual ground clearance.

Portal axles

Why are you straddling obstacles like a retard? SUSPENSION TRAVEL.

Ground clearance only matters in deep mud. You do not straddle obstacles, you climb over them.

Just drive a normal truck without a retarded lift for once retard.

The 30 at the end of my post number confirms that lifted truck drivers only do this for attention because nobody loves them.

>super comfy
No, enjoy your body roll during turns and tire drone above 60 mph.
>can haul shit with it
If you're willing to lift all your luggage five feet high.

Also you're not mentioning the absolutely HORRID running costs in most of the world.

>inb4 hurr i wasn't talking about the rest of the world USA rulez go suck it lmeo

His line is complete garbage (left rear tire slipped off the rock and is resting on its sidewall now) and he could've picked a better one if he wasn't driving an 8 ft wide shitbarge with a 20 ft wheelbase.

>USA rulez go suck it lmeo
That's right, Hans Yurocuck.

>makes county girls panties wet
yeah man and I guess blowjobs feel better from hoes that lost all their teeth to meth huh?

Pouches or loose?

pathetic

I got stuck in shallow mud once because the site got rained on by a squall we didn't notice come in and the truck sank to the diff when I tried to move off.

Clay is a real bitch.

checkt and rekt

You don't get a truck to drag race it usually

Fucking chek'd

Also, I agree with this logic 100%

Still, a lot of diesel trucks can run 13 seconds with not much work.

Thats pretty good for fuck huge daily driven vehicles.

I bet a riced out civic shitbox could murder most 4000lb+ brotrucks in a straight line any day of the week.

BTFO

4000? Try 7000. Maybe 8000. The weight on these things is absolutely laughable.

I think a 3.6R Outback is far more practical.

>can sit down without climbing onto your playground equipment truck
>AWD for snow and mud
>huge cargo space
>can tow 3,000 lbs
>quick for its size
>double the mpg of a cucktruck

>can tow 3,000 lbs
4,000 - 4,400 lbs in Europe actually.

This costs the same and does way the fuck more. Subaru's have shit ground clearance, drink fuel like a V6 or even a cylinder deactivated V8 and awd is shit compared to 4x4 with lockers in slippery conditions. There's a reason why trucks out-sell them 7-1.

>there's a reason trucks outsell subarus 7 to 1.

Yes, and that reason is that you're comparing the sales of an entire class of vehicle to a brand.

Pick any specific pickup then and compare it. It's not even close. Trucks are superior.

Lifted anything is idiotic. You're wearing out your drivetrain and suspension and you've compromised the handling.

>lifted truck, must be a cuck

And you'll get more for it when you go to sell it because it hasn't been touched by some idiot too.

>There's a reason why trucks out-sell them 7-1.

That might also be because subarus dont market to deuchebags who just want something big for the aestetic. I grew up in northern MN and passed dozens of 4x4 trucks who couldnt get up a hill in just a foot of snow.

Colorado still uses considerably more fuel though unless you want to drive the piss-weak four cylinder, so it does in fact not cost the same. If you get 20 mpg instead of 25 mpg you'll spend hundreds of dollars a year extra on fuel for capability you may not even need at any point in your life.

You can get trucks with 2'' lifts from the factory, You can go a little higher than that if you do it right.

>because subarus dont market to deuchebags
Have you ever been to a car meet?

MN has pussy winters, That's probably just driver error or rock hard mud tires at 80psi.

>wastes resources to make your penis looks .1 micron bigger
>safe-ish for you and meh at offroad
>implying country girls are worth anything
>more torque than a machine designed for torque. also has to do mre work with stupid expensive wheels
>300k if youre lucky, by then the paint will be scraped off
>implying i cant win a race with only 120hp

>Have you ever been to a car meet?

Yea and its never stock outbacks which is what im talking about. The stock outback is better in every practical way then a truck with 10k into it.

>MN has pussy winters

Trucks cant even handle pussy winters? And every single truck I passed all had the same garbage set up?

The only conceivable time you can come up with that youwould need a truck, you can just fucking rent one from menards for like $30, like every other non-deuchebag in America.

Well if you want to kike out you should just get a fwd shitbox with winter tires, A Subaru is unnecessary. A couple hundred a year is nothing, You'd just spend it on video games or lattes anyways.

>implying anyone with an iq over 80 offroads
>everyone knows you're a mouth breathing hick
>Get asked to haul shit for people all the time
>Makes gap toothed, muffin toped, chain smoking, baby having women interested in you

>making power with a diesel
>cheap
>the absolute state of brotruckers

i am laffin

>Torque doesn't matter when a 200hp shitbox can still outrun you

Torque is the measurement of an engine's actual power, horsepower is just applied torque.

A a baby truck is 400lbs heavier than a outback and gets """roughly"""" the same mpg's thanks to 8 speed transmissions (don't subies still use a 4 speed auto? lel). And Subaru wonders why they get their asses kicked by trucks.

I constantly pass subuies, awd's, brotrucks, all with winter tires in my fwd car with all seasons in the winter. Winter driving is mostly skill. An idiot can put any vehicle into the ditch.

This. My first vehicle was an 89 K2500. 350 trans, 350 engine. It was the most reliable, comfortable, and durable vehicle I've ever owned.

>And Subaru wonders why they get their asses kicked by trucks.

Literally no one has had that thought.

>t. cletus james robert mchiggins heidenberger-dell

Street truck master race

Street SUV master race. Basically making it a big wagon. Street trucks still carry too much pretense of utility when wagons are actually the more useful choice for private usage for most of the year, and for the remaining few days a trailer will do the same job as a truck.

>knock down dudes in the back lol gay
>shows truck loaded up with dudes on the way to a gay orgy

>I drive straight over rocks
LOL. Tard.

these dubs agree

damn

These dubs got your back, homie.

Who cares what sells more? OP likes trucks because they "get girls wet," that has nothing to do with the redeemability or practicality of a vehicle.

>can do more

Lmao. Like what, other than help your friends move?

Lifted , tuned bro trucks are the worst....

I really don't have an issue with tuned/lifted bro trucks. BUT....

If you drive around spooling the turbo for no reason then people WILL hate you. Reason being, the soot. Im just driving along and for no reason whatsoever some bro truck in front of me just floors it on and off to create huge black clouds to dirty up my car.

Like WTF bro? I have my window down enjoying the cool evening in these Appalachian mountains and now I'm forced to roll it up because you can't drive like a decent human being.

I might be legit mad if I had just detailed my car....

I wonder how they would feel if a guy bob tailing a Peterbilt spewed tons of soot on his lifted blinged out duramax.....

This is why 99% of drivers absolutely HATE bro trucks.

This ^^^

Ive got no qualm with a man who wants more power from his truck but the moment you remove that diesel particulate filter and roll coal around town on a daily basis is the moment you've gone too far.

Removing the DPF filter does NOT allow the dudebros to roll coal.

You have to buy larger injectors and use a tuner to roll coal.

Lets be real.
You had window down because your shitbox doesn't have A/C.

Is this you in the Miata?
youtube.com/watch?v=1L7f3oN_HlM

This isn't that cool but getting a slight cloud of diesel smoke in the car isn't a big deal. Do you sperg out at the birds when they shit on your car? I love hitting the race lines and kicking up gravel at people like you. It's just a car.

Maybe people don't like the sounds and smells of your straight piped shitbox.

>It's just a car.
what if I doused your walls in gasoline, set your house on fire, and said to you "It's just a house."

>that inbred chortling
>hue is mayd as hell
>hue hue hue

>first time i've seen these rolling coal videos

Worldstar hiphop waffle house fight videos have more class than this.

Are you seriously equating a fucking animal doing its natural functions to someone purposively spewing noxious chemicals into someone's face?

You are a fucking idiot.

>can haul shit with it

lifted trucks are impractical for this because of the bed height

nope

snall trucks with 4cyl gasoline are objectively the best all around vehicle

Holy shit you're a faggot

Diesel trucks have twice as much power and torque as its gas counterpart. Better MPGs for weight.

Potentially can run on free and different fuels in apocalypse situation. Waste vegetable oil, waste ATF, waste motor oil, peanut oil.

A 3/4 ton+ can tow as much weight as you can put behind it.

youtube.com/watch?v=eww6GY45TgE

Towing home diesels with your old gasser is were it's at.
> 351>6.blow

If the person did the preventative maintenance to the 6.0 in the first place it wouldn't be behind that prehistoric piece of shit. Tell me all about your 4 MPGs towing that trailer and how that 6.0 would spin cookies around that thing all day?

Hey now, my prehistoric bricknose gets 9mpg towing thank you very much, and it's not my fault the previous owner of the 6.blow ran straight into who knows what the fuck. Soon it will be rebuilt.

Increased suspension travel and better approach, breakover, and departure angles. Also, portal axles are expensive

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. I have had an 03 and a 05. 4 of my friends have them and my brother drives one.

Hope its your new toy. The 05-07 coil front ends ride like a Cadillac. Weld the EGR shut, get an SCT 3015 with some Innovative Tunes, knock the crap out of the cat and run a straight pipe through it and enjoy that smile ear-to-ear everyday!

Shit, my ram 1500 got like 6mpg pulling my rig at around 9000lbs. I pulled an old f250 7.3 through town at around 11,00lbs or more, averaged 3.7mpg.
4.7L like fuel

Lifted truck thread?
NOT ON MY WATCH

FAGGOTS INBOUND
SOUND THE ALARM
WEEEOOOO
WEEEOOOO

DUHHRRRR lifted truck faggot bait thread!

Faggot ass stuffing rusted stack exhaust up your goddamn corn hole backwoods retard inbred sheep-fuckers

>that fan

looks as if it were turbine powered

Then why do they all get btfo by a 230hp shitbox and can't go over 120mph.

7000lb vehicle vs 2600lb vehicle.

laughed hard as fuck

>very safe
Until you fucking roll. Lifed trucks are only good for people who want to smoke and roll weed because your above everybody.

Or roll weed while passing fortune cookie cars in flash flooding at 65mph

I just picked up a clean 2001 F350 SCLB SRW 4x4. 7.3 diesel with 266K on the clock.

Clean as fuck for a Wisconsin truck with just some slight bubbling on the cab corners. Seller was asking $6500 but I got him down to $5800 since it blew a brake line during the test drive. I was able to limp it back and fixed the line after 2 hours and $35 worth of parts.

On Monday I find out one of our mechanics (I drive buses) paid $4000 for a 2004 F250 6.0 that was completely rotted out and had a blown trans. Needs a new box, fenders and cab corners at the very least. Literally the only reason he bought it was because the head studs and EGR delete had been done already.

how much did you pay for that Super Duty at the insurance auction?

Is it a Lariat, a King Ranch or an XLT?

I looked at a couple 6.0s but lucked out on a clean 7.3

I really wanted the 05-07 with the coil front springs tho baka

I don't run A/C because it robs power and lowers economy. My 2015 golf 1.8t runs better with it off.

On the highway sure.

>mfw I wanna fuck the one on the right

Wouldn't get a diesel, personally. I think half tons are the perfect all around vehicle, NOT 3/4 and 1 tons. Modern diesels are extremely finicky and even the smallest problems can cost you 10s of thousands of dollars. Older diesels are nice though, even if they are a bit underpowered.

As much as I hate brotrucks the GT86 is far worse. It's an overpriced grocery getter, and is equally slow.

So brotruckers have the intelligence of a fucking bird? Sound about right. Gas yourself.

YOU CAN GO YOUR OWN WAY
GO YOUR OWN WAY

torque is a unit of force
horsepower is a unit of power

>very safe
Trucks and SUVs infamously get preferential treatment from the gubmint and have to adhere to far lesser safety requirements than passenger cars. The only reason they're safer in a crash is because of their height and weight. Roll over and you'll have had it. The shitbarges crumple like crackers as soon as their frame isn't there to reinforce them anymore.

>4cyl gasoline
>not 4cyl diesel