What advantages does a 1980s honda magna have over an old cafe racer such as a cb400 four?

What advantages does a 1980s honda magna have over an old cafe racer such as a cb400 four?

Which ones rides and handles better?
Which ones is more affordable to modify?
Which ones is more comfortable?

What other bikes that ride nice but are able to be customised to look unique should I consider?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr500riders.com/forum/appearance-body/67081-round-headlight-serious-time-full-custom-front.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A magna is a muscle cruiser. The CB series are UJM's, classified by modern marketing teams as "standards".
Comfort on either is going to be based on preference, stock. They're both old enough that modifying either will be based on fabrication skill, therefore price varies wildly.

However, don't be labouring under the misconception that any bike is a café from the jump. That, like a scrambler, flat-tracker, or bobber are names for specific groups of modifications.

In short, the main difference will be inline four versus V4. Ride both and decide which feels better to you.
And if you want to sit forward on the V4, buy a Sabre. It was part of the set with the Magna and VFR750.

>cafe racer cuck

get a rebel 750

I
Honda Magma is good bike. Good on long ride.
Comfy in butt.
Cboy400 is For zooms, but also vrooms.
You can try kz series like kz440 or 650

cafe racers don't have the fuck me in the ass shitty cruiser seating position.

These aren't cafe racers.

Cafe racers to me seem like the best compromise between a bobber and a sport bike.

Customisable and unique.
Also sport bike.

What other options are there?

Cafe racers have none of the things that make a sport bike what it is, aside from the head down, ass up riding position.

They're pretty much opposites desu, one is built for uncompromising performance and the other is built for a particular 'look' or 'style'.

If you think you can't customise a sport bike you're clearly not thinking hard enough.

Isn't it just an less comfortable customised 70's sport bike that looks better?

There were no 'sportbikes' in the traditional sense in the 70’s.

Modern cafe racers are an emulation of the bikes rockers rode in the 50's and 60's, which were stripped down and tuned up standards like Triumphs, BSA's etc from that era.

Nowadays instead of being about the performance aspects it's more about the look, the style because if you want performance you just go out and buy something actually fast out of the box.

Magna's are comfy as fuck, but don't handle all that well. CBs handle a little better. The main advantage to the magnas for me are that those old v4s are pretty much indestructible and pretty fast, especially the 1100s. I still have my dad's old 1100, and even with 140k miles it still runs like new. I've never made it past 80k with a CB without blowing it up.

How come bikes look better as cafe racers though?

Like did they intentionally try make the fenders and indicators look so ugly that the bike looks better by taking them off?

Subjective opinion desu.

I think most cafe racers and bobbers look fucking awful, myself.

It says sport on the advert.

Sportbikes didn't exist before the VFR. As historical artifact, café racers are machines created to fill the gap.
Stop being stupid about fitting one aesthetic or another. If you're the daydreaming new rider from the other thread, get yourself a cb300f, cb500f, or cb250 nighthawk and let your creative jizz out on something new enough to be dependable.
After some time on that, you can feel out the riding style you WANT to pursue, then build your dream machine to fit.
But first and fundamentally, you need to know what kind of riding you like to do.

>"...in the traditional sense"

I like to go around corners in the hills at a fast yet sensible speed.

I like to customise vehicles and make them unique.

I want something I can do both with.

This, the sabre is tight

You're not going to get very far in the 'going fast in the hills' side of things on a cruiser, just saiyan.

So cafe racer it is.

Did someone say cafe racer?

Fast but sensible? Around a corner?
Customize things?

...the fuck outta here. Getting a newer cb will make no difference to you, since you're planning on chopping the tail and changing the bars anyways.
Again, stop being thick. Look at your actual options instead of destroying one of the limited number of classics.

As an aside, I'm personally going to be changing the front out after buying a cb500f. If you get off your shit and want to trade expertise hit me here:
cbr500riders.com/forum/appearance-body/67081-round-headlight-serious-time-full-custom-front.html

Sound like OP is clinging to an idea he had and won't let go desu.

>summer comes
>cafe racers threads pop out

Kill yourself