What was your latest achievement/good thing that happened to you, fellow Veeky Forumstists?

What was your latest achievement/good thing that happened to you, fellow Veeky Forumstists?
>Passed Highways and Streets 1 exam so I'm closer to being a civil engineer and making roads for you fags to speed on

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=How much do mechanical engineers make
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my car started on the first try today

nice lol

Passed my FE. Makes unemployment slightly less bitter.

Went to seaworld with my girlfriend.
Had all you cat eat chinese food.

Everyday I get a bit closer to finishing my graphic design degree.
I won't get paid much but at least I will be creating stuff.

>this kills the ancap

>FE
what is that user?
ayy lmao
maybe you can save BMW

Fundamentals of Engineering Exam. Specifically the mechanical one.

There was a civil taking his next to me. He kept cursing. A lot. I think their test has a lower pass rate or something.

Is it true civil engineers often hate architects?

I wouldn't know, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Architects like making pretty things - engineers like making things that work.

You can see the conflict there.

is that one of the steps to become a PE?
I'm from South America and here the only thing you need is the degree but it's hard af
kinda lol
there's a saying that an architect is a guy who wasn't manly enough to be a civil engineer nor enough of a faggot to become an interior designer, kek
some architects are OK, but they tend to be form over function idiots and skimp where they shouldn't while they spend on useless stuff. For example it's typical that an architect makes a shitty parking lot where only city cars are able to maneuver. Here there was a case where they had to remove a bit of the outer wall in the curve because larger cars would touch it. Some architects are OK but they tend to be engineering-minded and often hold postgraduate degrees on engineering related fields.

Yeah it is. Basically you go to school for your engineering degree, take the FE, spend 4 years in engineering, then take the PE (the hard part).

That's about what I thought about architects. I think it would be fun now that I have an engineering degree - basically get paid a shitload to be a CAD monkey.

Engineers sound butthurt that they don't get much credit.

How much do they pay an engineer with no FE in the US?

>butthurt that they don't get much credit
lol what are you talking about
maybe the construction engineers or structural engineers who do buildings give any fucks, I'm in roads/transport. I don't think the guys doing hydraulics/environmental care either. Structural guys are probably the least credited, they're called in when there's a bridge that's too long for the roads guy but the roads guy probably gets most of the credit.

>implying individuals in a free market wouldn't build roads

>came
>collected the cum
>loaded it into a syringe
>injected it back into my balls
>came it out again

About the same actually, but varies a lot. It's PEs that get paid more.

>about the same
and how much do they pay a guy with a FE? lol

Went on a second date the other day

She also saw my car for the first time and wasn't disgusted by it

About the same. Let me help.
lmgtfy.com/?q=How much do mechanical engineers make

>About the same
about the same as what? lol
also on google it's hard to tell reliable sources from unreliable ones, it's best to ask someone in the field

Same as a non FE certified mechancial engineer. Entry level can vary wildly from 55-80k a year. The rest are generally from there up to 120k a year.

PE's are the ones that matter (why you take the FE) as they can sign off projects and do their own consulting making 6 figures consistently.

The FE doesn't do anything by itself. It just let's you take the Professional Engineer exam later to get your Professional Engineer license, which THEN gives you the bigger salary.

>Entry level can vary wildly from 55-80k a year. The rest are generally from there up to 120k a year.
thanks user, this is what I wanted to know

I was able to get sideways on a highway merge ramp and hold the drift the entire length of it. Pretty impressive for a roadmaster, i think.

ayyy how fast were you going?

Decided the course my new life will take starting next year.

I destroyed a corvette with a shitty 05 taurus the other day. Faggot didn't know what he was doing apparently because he stalled almost immediately.