Veeky Forums トヨタ

Toyota General
>cheaper aftermarket edition

>Should Veeky Forums allow Daihatsu cars on the montage?
strawpoll.me/13281079
(32/95 votes needed)

>List of Toyota model codes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_model_codes

Sister Honda thread
Zeemaps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2352609

Bump the thread if it's at page 6

Vids:
>4AGE ITB
youtube.com/watch?v=hx6Ywr10LPA
youtube.com/watch?v=556LiA87ZZ0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ngksparkplugs.com/about-ngk/spark-plug-101/5-things-you-should-know-about-spark-plugs
bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2583605
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/dean-park/cars-vans-utes/lexus-ls400-v8-auto-1992-vip/1151630890
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related

Here's my $3k Honda civic.

I started to work on my car this morning, to replace the shock absorbers, but this little fucker wouldn't give up, ended up completely seized, despite the penetrating oil and the wire brush.

So I had to put everything back together, with a fucked up link, until I can order the parts. Then I guess I'll use an angle grinder to cut them out. I should have ordered them from the start.

Nothing worse than having to put your car together without any work done, what a shitty day.

Vise grips and a torch work wonders on those fuckers.

Anyone ever buy Gude performance parts?
There's a full 5MGE kit on andysautosport with a port and polished head, manifold, BTB, and ECU?
Also is anybody making upgraded bottom end parts for this engine still?

>Vise grips and a torch work wonders on those fuckers.

I'm not confortable with open flames that close to the gas tank.

The problem is you have to lock the knuckle stud with an allen wrench to get the nut out, but the stud is too soft and gives easily. I tried to lock it from behind, where the rubber boot is, but it's just round, no flat side to lock onto, at least not hard enough to get the nut any further.

Also I removed the spare for the first time since I got the car, and found the original emergency tool set, never used. I love finding little things like this.

>I tried to lock it from behind, where the rubber boot is, but it's just round
That's what these bad boys are for, alot of times you don't need heat just the vise grip will work.
Granted alot of times you will wreck the links in the process, generally if they're old enough to be seized they're old enough to replace and rockauto has these (depending on vehicle) for less than 10$ for a pair.

If you use a small propane torch form any hardware store you can control the flame very well and shouldn't worry about the gas tank. Keep the flame points away from it as best as possible.

Yeah I have a couple of those. And I have a handheld propane torch too, but I never thought about using it for that, good tip.

But I stopped because I have to ruin them one way or the other to get them out, which means I need the new parts anyway, so I kept them in one piece, and in a somewhat driveable state, while I ordered the new ones.

And since I'll replace them, I'd rather go the easy way and cut the shit out of them.

Fair enough, I've been there many times with parts.
Check out rockauto.com if you're not already using. Huge selection and prices from dirt cheap to OEM spec.

>If anyone needs procedures for anything Toyota 96' to now I can post them

Currently trying to decide if I should extend my deployment to a year instead of just 6 months. Not sure if worth it.

[spoiler] I would come back debt free and have some extra money in the bank if I did though [/spoiler]

In other news I got to drive a hilux in the desert and it was fun as shit. But I'm still missing the tC every day.

Which one of you faggots drives a pearl white straight piped SW20?

I passed you on my way to work.

I don't think they post here. There's no white sw20 in the montage

man, X70s looks so much better than the X80 I used to have. I don't think I will ever own another one just due to my love of MR2s and coupes, but these are really growing on me.

X70, Z20 Soarer, JZX81 are some of my favorite cars, hope I can import one some day

Yo, Indonesia fag here. Can I join the montage?

If so, please please use this picture. It's a ke70 corolla sedan

Thanks for contributing user

Can someone add me to the montage pls?

i looked into getting my blacktop tuned and it'll apparently cost me somewhere around 2500 bux.

Thx my man.. Flip top is the best
>tfw you live in 3rd world where ae86 is 40k and ma70 soup is 25k

>ae86 is 40k
pls be an exaggeration

Need proof and year
See

>flip top
Wat

It's a 2006. A very wet 2006

Thanks for cooperating user

Since i'm in the montage now I added myself to the Veeky Forums map

also my harmonic balancer is missing??? not sure how the hell that happened but it runs fine
[/spoiler]shittyphone,shittyphoto[spoiler]

[spoiler] i'm fucking retarded [/spoiler]

What go fast stuff can I add without hitting fuel economy? It's my daily after all.

better tires

That's a 4EFE right? There's not much. Cat delete maybe? These engines don't have much of an aftermarket, swapping is usually the only way.

At the very least a 4AFE swap, the 7AFE is better though. These are the least expensive options. The best thing would be a silvertop, but they can be quite pricey.

Strip weight

Which wheels look better? The top photo are Momos.

MUH DICK
nice car man, my fav livery

Bottom

Who /aygo/ here?

No one according to the montage

>tfw about to buy a babied '88 supra and parts car for $3k

Rate muh before&after.

I try not to say this too much but that is some serious autism sir

Looked better before

Got my $150 Corolla road ready today. Changed the oil & filter (used motorcraft bc employee discount), flushed coolant, 4 wheel alignment, seafoam, and reinstalled the door locks.

At first I was sure I wanted to flip the car but I think I'm going to keep it as a winter beater/daily. It seems to be pretty reliable

That's decent looking for a 150$ car, nice one.

Yeah the exterior is probably the best part of the car. The interior is thrashed though, and when I bought it it was hotwired. It's not stolen though the previous owner just lost the key.

Thanks btw!

Yeah the ignition lock always breaks on those AE101 after a while, and a replacement can be expensive.

Mine is still working but my dad just emptied his lock barrel and still uses his key, so he doesn't look like he's stealing it everytime he starts it, but he could use a screwdriver if he wants.

nicer than my old corolla will ever be/10

My bro works at ford and drove a Corolla. He bought a civic when his Corolla died though. He likes the civic more btw

>implying it isn't stolen

I had the exact same problem on my 375 000 km MR2. I just dremelled the whole stud and nut off, and bought new endlinks to replace them. Its not worth it to keep such rusty endlinks on your car.

Dude. For that price you can have a 3S-GE BEAMS Redtop, with S54 transaxle and stock torsen LSD.

have a choice between regular copper spark plugs or platinum for my corolla
shud i get the platinum ones?

Yes, it will last longer and you don't need the performance of the copper.

>you don't need the performance of the copper
are you saying copper produces a better spark?

Hmmm read these instead of getting a short answer:
ngksparkplugs.com/about-ngk/spark-plug-101/5-things-you-should-know-about-spark-plugs

bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2583605

Well I have the title in hand, just haven't registered it yet.

Yeah I know, they're ordered, I'll get them tomorrow.

Good thing I wasn't able to install the rear shocks, as I couldn't get the same reference for the front ones, i noticed afterwards, Nipparts replaced it with a new part ### sometimes ago, and they still have some old stock, so they send you whatever, and they're not the same specs. I ordered 4 new shocks from Monroe this time.

>beep
Work sucks. Night drive. Relax.

any more info on the new supra
so hyped for it

Probably more info next year I think it will come out 2019 soonest if theyll produce it

>battery shits itself in auto store carpark
t-thanks toyota

CEL just came on as I got to work. Gonna read it when I get home tonight. Wish me luck

You guys have one job

Any MR2 owners that can lend some thoughts?

This is my 1999 Corolla.

If you're talking about manual transmission for both and you plan on dd one I would go for the mr2 but be warned DO NOT BLIP THE THROTTLE FAST TURN ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE STILL AN INEXPERIENCED WITH MR CARS but if you want some practicality go with the Subaru

Do E90s have any specific problems? Considering picking one up as my first Toyota.

I don't mind practicality, is there a bigger premium for labor on MR2'S? I figure little under 8k would get me a good one

If you're going to work on it your self changing a clutch is a pain every thing else is easy on a Subaru the only easy thing to work on the Subaru is changing oil and oil filter and clutch and yea $8,000 should get you a clean one depending where you live

No, I'd have a shop do all the work. Is there a premium on em? I also hear 93 NA is best to go with for revised suspension?

Forgot to specify I'm talking about premiums on MR2 labor

Good luck Anony

obsolete parts

Bamp

What's the recommended timing belt interval for a 7AFE?

id do it every 50k

ausfag here, found this on gumtree and will have the money in 2-4weeks, what do you guys think. heavily considering pulling the trigger on this one and selling off the works

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/dean-park/cars-vans-utes/lexus-ls400-v8-auto-1992-vip/1151630890

Check owners manual or check every 30k miles

>VIP
No

50*

It all depends on the mechanic you take it to some will see it as an opportunity to get some extra cash out from you because
>muh discontinued MR Toyota
Example: I didn't have the tools and space at the time to change clutch on my aw11 and a house mechanic and just told me to buy the parts my self and he will do the rest from there
>2 engine mounts=$60
>clutch kit I cheaped out on=$80
>fly wheel resurface (because for some reason they're hard to get)=$20
>labor=$300
I honestly would only get an mr2 only if you rarely see them and if they're hard to come by where you're from

Obligatory tacoma posting

I cleaned it today.

Last one. Should I pay someone to work over the small rust spots, worn out paint, repaint the rims (maybe a nice pearlescent white?), reapply the stickers and fix the few minor scuffs and scrapes now that it's still a small issue?

Fix the rust for sure

I've been scrolling past the Veeky Forums and /hg/ threads forever now and I always thought the OP pic was a cityscape because I've never actually expanded it

i thought it was like "toyota city, boys"
autism speaks

Veeky Forums, i got the lex all waxed and nice looking for a show tomorrow, got the yota grille installed, and finally finished getting the seats rebuilt. feel free to update the collage with the new pic, im about to expire.
>inb4 shitty wheels/monster truck

cat has good taste in cars

You're not the first one. Multiple people said the same thing. It's what's cool about it, it looks like a sky line.

I will update your 90 LS on the montage user. Thanks again for participating

Bamp

>place a camera in my passenger seat
>record myself attacking the toe gay
>felt fast as shit while driving
>looks slow as shit on video
fug

So, I crashed my supra up while drifting. Luckily I'm not a completely shit driver so I threw it into a ditch, then back onto the road, then had to dive between a truck and a light pole, back off the road and through a farm field... And I only smashed up my fender flares.

I need something for the winter though, I priced a set of decent 14 inch tires at about 700 dollars, but I saw another supra priced at 1000 with almost all the upgrades I wanted to do to mine, but with a busted interior.

Right now my plan would be to buy this guy's car, Rob it of these parts (my car has 0 rust and a clean interior, unlike this one) and wheels, and put it back on the road with these, and just part with the shell afterwards, or keep it and build it into something crazy later this year.

I need some guidance, I'm not sure I want a completely new car, but I know my supra won't survive the winter if it has to pull DD duty.

I've taken my mr2 to a shop and I dont get any premium compared to my families other toyotas. Only thing that was costly was handbrake cable change mostly because its slow process.
And yeah there's only 20 mr2's total in the entire country.

gotta get it right, it needs to be low down and show at least 1/3rd of the car for maximum speed.

Why are there no camrys in the collage?
I thought that was like the most common toyota

Add me to the collage!

dis me. 5spd.

Gonna fix sticky dash soon... not excited for that.

So my steering wheel keeps wobbling at around 110 km/h even after balancing all 4 tyres. Could it be the engine mount(s)? My hood is also visibly moving up and down at around 100 km/h.

Inb4 I bought a lemon and wasted 4k.

sounds like alignment