Actual engineers and city planners made this

>actual engineers and city planners made this

explain this shit, in what world does this make any sense at all?

and general traffic bantering thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

insurancejournal.com/news/east/2011/06/28/204259.htm
google.de/maps/@51.0542502,13.7583066,17z
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

t.burger

roundabouts make sense when they are standalone, but double/triple/shitfest roundabout combinations are utterly pointless

Looks pretty good to me.

thing is, here in the UK the standard of driving is very high; the driving test is difficult and has a very high failure rate (in my area, the pass rate is 30%). The roads are narrow and rarely straight, and full of bumps and potholes. Because towns and cities are so densely packed and sprawl lie, the roads are twisty and sprawl-like as well. This means that in order to actually drive in the UK, you need to be a very good driver that understands the rules of the road. So this complex looking roundabout system is actually no problem at all.

In murrica all your roads are straight and you can be a 70IQ subhuman ape and still drive.

>>actual engineers and city planners made this

Government Union Employees (notice I didn't use WORKERS) are literally the worst

Traffic circles are cool when there's no traffic but if the road is busy, you end up waiting many times longer than if it'd been a redlight. They're also complete garbage for any combination vehicle as they usually end up needing to take up every lane, which only confuses and endangers every one

Isn't it a waste of time and resources to make everything more complicated than needed?

>muricans r dumb because their roads are bigger, wider, and the rules are more common sense
yes ladies and gentlemen, yuros ARE this retarded

that's false tho
round about lets trough around 30% more cars in the same time span

>complex and confusing
spotted another burger with 70IQ

>>complex and confusing
>spotted another burger with 70IQ
Except nowhere in my post did I say they were complex or confusing.
Spotted another Eurabian with poor reading comprehension skills.

Ssshhh, let them have their delusions.

>The roads are narrow and rarely straight, and full of bumps and potholes. Because towns and cities are so densely packed and sprawl lie, the roads are twisty and sprawl-like as well.
>laughing_new-englanders.jpg
You ain't seen shit bro

We make do with what we have.
Few of the roads in the uk were created with motor vehicles in mind.
Many of the routes were formed hundreds, if not thousands of years ago. There are roads in use now that have Roman roads as the foundation.
The result is a mixiture of highly efficient modern multilane highways, narrow twisty county lanes and near impossible to navigate city centres.

>Amerifats are so stupid they can't into roundabouts correctly

The other day, I saw a car drive three circles through a roundabout, but then I noticed a dog's head sticking out the rear window.

I think they were just fucking with their dog.

Canadians!

that makes perfect sense. You go around one and follow onto the next lane which shits you out at the next mini roundabout.

>bragging that your roads are shit and traffic is disgusting

Bongs are this delusional.

But the complication is actually needed, otherwise the present road structures and urban structures would be overloaded and other countries would descent into the same unsustainable gluttonous waste as the fat, lazy shitburgers.

>why ya'll gotta make things so complicated ya'll, easy things are the best things
>why ain't everyone paving twenty lane highways and hundreds of square miles of suburbs per city into the landscape?
>everyone should have access to driving
>our city planning is the best in the gawd dang world if I do say so myself
>debt? what debt? crumbling infrastructure? what does that word even mean?

Non-Americans need a LOT more, bigger freeways

Europeans seem the need to over engineer everything. They've been compensating for losing the race to the moon back in the 60's ever since.

>ya'll
Fucking Eurabians can't even comprehend contractions. Learn the language.

How did they mess up a roundabout so badly? What's with those mini roundabout within the roundabout?

They're so simple, how do you mess them up like this?

It's not like English classes have been replaced by Arabic classes in schools.

>here in the UK the standard of driving is very high
Mate stop chatting shit, the standard of driving here is piss poor.

What for? All they do is increase sprawl and traffic. It now takes -longer- to get into Houston on the Katy Fwy than it did -before- the massive expansion, because now even more people move into the area and attempt commuting by car. Los Angeles has already given up on ever bigger highways and funnels its infrastructure fund into light rail expansion now. It's impossible to simply scale up a city by the same traffic principles as a small town. Everyone driving works for small towns, not for cities.

You can't lose a race you didn't attend. You're confusing it with the Soviets. And they beat you to space in the first place, despite not having all the German Jewish scientists to help them. You basically went to the moon on a German rocket.

We have them here in the northeast of burgerland. The burgers around here seem to do just fine with them.

They also lost the race to mars.

>You can't lose a race you didn't attend.
>"W-we didn't lose! We realized there was no way we could win, or even finish, or even make it to the starting line, so we just chose not to race. "

Those burgers aren't the retarded ones that post on Veeky Forums though

>The burgers around here seem to do just fine with them.

insurancejournal.com/news/east/2011/06/28/204259.htm

>Although the rotaries are built to ease congestion and lessen serious injuries, data obtained by the Albany Times Union show the number of collisions increased after most of the roundabouts opened in New York State’s Capital Region.

Fatburgers are literally too retarded to grasp roundabouts.

>enter when there's traffic
>enter in the wrong direction
>go straight across
>HWUTS GOIN AWN HEEAAR

How could anyone actually have trouble with this?

They're in South Carolina too. They ACTUALLY DO fix certain intersections, especially at rush hour, when a dominate road is un-crossable.

I've actually seen a middle aged white woman go around a roundabout backwards. I was honestly mortified when I saw it because she had to take a turn steeper than 90 degrees to go left. Thank god it was only us two there and I wasn't in it yet.

>HWUTS GOIN AWN HEEAAR

This made me chuckle

Can confirm, all my roundabouts here in Georgia have tread marks on them from when hicks end up plowing straight through, usually while speeding.

>Fatburgers are literally too retarded to grasp roundabouts.
people here literally don't give one fuck about anyone else. it's hard to grasp but, running into someone inconveniencing you for 1-2 seconds is perfectly normal here. The whole yield to traffic thing doesn't happen.

What state in the US has the best drivers? They're fucking awful in CA, FL, all of NY, MA, NJ, PA

According to one study it's Minnesota followed by Ohio (Ohioans will disagree) and Vermont. According to another study it's Rhode Island followed by Connecticut and indeed Massachusetts (New Englanders will disagree on all), which alongside Ohio, Nebraska and Virginia (Virginians will disagree) were the only states to rank in the top 10 of both studies.

Drivers are bad everywhere, user.

Looks like you're having trouble with it because you're on the wrong side of the fucking road half the time

>tfw i was near swindon a few weeks ago and didn't get to go on the magic roundabout

Alternatively if you're a scared wuss you can just take the long way around.

Do you assume every single reasonable poster is not an american?

Not him but that sounds logical.

that pic makes me feel a little dizzy

It make sense when you think about as a two-way roundabout.

They haven't?

Are you fucking retarded?

NO HABLO ESPANOL

Why didn't they just build a one gigantic roundabout?

>all that fucking traffic
>all those fucking lanes
>all those rapidly appearing and disappearing lanes
>left lane exits and entrances
>automotive journalists and reckless faggot car YouTubers alike relentlessly complain about how their freeways aren't an autobahn

>you can be a 70IQ subhuman ape and still drive

Says the guy who posted a picture of a round-about going the wrong way.

Weak bait, bong

Plymouth here, I don't go farther north than Weymouth for that reason. Last time I went to Cambridge I nearly had a fucking aneurysm the roads were so bad

wtf europeans

>roads are all straight
Excuse me?

t. Pennsylvanian

Roundabouts, even confusing ones are safer than intersections, which is why theyre growing even in the USA

Don't see the problem from a driver's point of view anyway, ZOOMing through a wide roundabout is fun as fuck, and tricky double mini roundabouts are kinda fun too like puzzles

Traffic lights make driving fucking boring, just start and stop when you're told - straight lines only. When I went to America the city roads were so boring and miserable its understandable why self driving cars will flourish there, because driving there is so braindead to begin with. before you get triggered, I'm sure there are endless twisties for fun out in the rural areas.

>In murrica all your roads are straight

Are you fucking retarded?

>be burger
>have glorious freeway system
>no tax on having bigger high HP v8
>get from Vallejo to Sacramento in 25 minutes in middle of night
Where else can you have this level of efficiency? Yuropoors just mad because if they were as efficient as us they'd have more Kebabs.

That and they're now getting blown up more than we are getting shot

I mean to be fair to the Yuros, their cities have been around thousands of years and grew naturally over time, their nations aren't young like the US and able to look at other's mistakes and just start from scratch. This is why we're so successful, we were able to work from the mistakes and success they had.

This stoplight used to exist in my town until very recently. The green arrow next to it indicates that you're allowed to turn right on red, the blue sign next to that says that you're only allowed to turn right on this junction.
The problem was that because of some wierd regulations, it had to be a stoplight, not just a stopsign and because of how the junction worked it wasn't allowed to turn green, it was permanently red.

This stoplight stood there for 29 years

A simple yield sign wouldn't suffice?

Techincally yes. But because of our traffic code, if one road on a junction has a stoplight, all other roads on it have to have one aswell. It's just retarded

Even more retarded, when the lightbulbs on it were changed, even the ones for the yellow and green light were changed eventhough they would never be turned on

But why did have that one a traffic light?

I'm fucking crying here m8

I'm still laughing at this.

This is the junction in question. It's pretty busy so it would make sense why there would be stoplights there. The red dot is where the stoplight was. As you can see it's a pretty small road so a stopsign would suffice but as i said because other roads on this junction have stoplights, this road has to have them aswell. It just shows how retarded bureaucracy can be sometimes.

google.de/maps/@51.0542502,13.7583066,17z

And what is the reason it's not allowed to go green? Fitting it with a sensor would solve that problem you would think.

What the fuck Germany, this isn't Ordnung!

>actual engineers and city planners made this
>freemasons made this

I have no clue. I guess because it just doesnt need to turn green since you can turn on red and it would cause more traffic jams for nothing if it would turn green, since it would obviously become red on the big road. Who knows.

>What the fuck Germany, this isn't Ordnung!
Quite the contrary. It's just too much of it. And there are so many stupid stories like this that, it hurts.
Another traffic related one is this one: The Oststadtkreisel in Karlsruhe.

Looks like a perfectly fine roundabout, right? Well, it technically isn't a roundabout,it's a junction. That means that left yields to right unlike a roundabout and you cant change lanes in some cases. The city claims that it's not a roundabout because the traffic would be worse then but I don't believe it

It's a donut, you should have no trouble mastering it.

>their nations aren't young like the US and able to look at other's mistakes and just start from scratch
It's ironic because American urban planning is the biggest mistake yet.

is this some asian shithole?

american highways dont look like this

That's the The Katy Freeway in Houston.
Pretty sure that's in the US.

To be honest it looks like an intersection with a circle in the middle, and if one of the roads is a Bundesstraße it's important to maintain priorities.

>Americans don't recognize their own roadsigns

it works like this

it's difficult for americans because of

>muh keep your lane
>muh freedoms on my lane
>muh fucking commies sharing and switching lanes

The orange line of yours is a bit weird

>driving on the wrong side of the road

explain this shit, in what world does this make any sense at all?

>guy in China looks down
>guy in America looks up
>both are looking in the same direction
You can't explain that.

This actually makes a lot of sense now. We don't have these multi-roundabouts here in Sweden but it looks like a good system.

what do those squiggly lines mean?

Look the other way? There might be some muscle cars in ditches from the first corner

>stupid americans and there 8 lane wide intersections, don't they know that the superior roundabout doesn't need lights?
>roundabout still has lights

>the ultimate drift track

Did you even read the post? It's a circular junction, not a roundabout. Are you one of the 20% of Americans who can't read?

>keep clear

so... what do if i stand in front of it?

>circular junction
So A FUCKING ROUNDABOUT?

This is called a magic roundabout or something, from what i've read they're meant to be pretty effective because you don't have to circle round 4 turn offs to turn right; they're also meant to be safer but i assume that's because there is like only a couple working examples.

Circular junction =/= roundabout

You don't have a drivers license, do you?