My new control arm for my RDX was sent poorly packed and clearly took a few whacks in shipping (the box had a bunch of...

My new control arm for my RDX was sent poorly packed and clearly took a few whacks in shipping (the box had a bunch of holes). The ball joint was pushed all the way to one side. Won't be able to get the new part shipped until Monday and I'm getting cabin fever, am I going to die if I put this on my car?

>this car part that takes thousands of shocks everyday from poor roadway surfaces got bumped a few times while being shipped.

If there is no clear signs of damage it will be fine.

Yes. Good thing you asked such a serious and good question. Yes you will absolutely die. Thank god you asked this question and I stepped in to save your life by telling you not to put it in... because of course, you would die.

Are you putting this on a car that has direct injection?

If you put it on the car, what are you going to send back for a return?

There are no clear signs of damage, but I'm concerned about possible damage to the socket that I can't see. Not about to take off the boot and look at it. Yes, a single trip to the store probably puts more wear on the part than it took in shipping, but who knows with the negroid fedex driver who dropped it off.

Pic related is a ball joint failure

Yes, 2.3 L K23A1 Turbo I4

Literally that's the question if I should wait to get it resent (hopefully with some bubble wrap this time)

If you put it on the car, will you die?

>Yes, 2.3 L K23A1 Turbo I4
Direct injection has too much power, you will kill yourself if you use this.

you're already dead kid

It's a big car

If you bought it from Dorman you're going to die regardless

in all seriousness though no it's not going to get hurt from drops or anything even the most aggressively clumsy of delivery drivers could do to it, short of running it over with a truck. As long as the ball joint itself is still nice and stiff (huh huh) as in you can push it around but not easily, it's fine.

if you dont want anyone's opinions you shouldn't ask for them m8.

It would be extremely painful

It's OEM Acura, parkacuraoemparts.com. Ball joint is very stiff and takes a bit of effort to nudge around the socket.

I deeply appreciate every one of you weighing in with your opinions

stop being a pussy ass faggot.

Considering that the shipper is offering to replace it (I'll just have to wait) and no one has convinced me I die prematurely I might just take them up on it

It's a safety critical component you faggot

>The ball joint was pushed all the way to one side

Then push it back. What do you think, that they ship them out aligned or something?

>convinced me I won't* die prematurely

I'm thinking the socket lip might have gotten damaged by negroid shippers leading to it leaking grease and failing

user, ball joints take massive amounts of abuse of years of driving. i seriously doubt any negro could damage your ball joint without absolutely crushing it with a forklift or truck. but you seemed to be dead set on sending it back to begin with which makes asking for peoples thoughts pointless and it makes you a big pile of fucking cancer. fuck your ball joint, fuck your car and fuck you.

>Ball joint is very stiff and takes a bit of effort to nudge around the socket.

Then it's fine.

> the shipper is offering to replace it

I doubt they'll pack it any better the second time but if you have the time to waste, fuck it, let 'em sweat it.

That's not how ball joints work. Grease doesn't "leak" in the first place, and a socket lip getting peened would mean someone would have had to put SERIOUS load on it, like dropping from the top of a multiple story building or literally using it as a jack stand.
By that point the boot would show obvious damage like a tear or popping off.

t. I used to be a manager at a major auto parts manufacturer, control arms were my department

Why not take off the boot dumbass

I never even wanted to replace the ball joint in the first place. Fuck you and fuck Acura for selling a fucking compliance bushing for only a few buckaroos cheaper than the entire control arm.

I was under the impression grease leaking out of a ball joint is a sign of impending failure, especially in a non-serviceable design like this (not that this is visibly leaking).

I'm pretty sure the thing isn't damaged. But it did clearly get handled roughly and I can't know what happened to it in the 550 miles it spent in some poc's delivery truck. Would you feel safe putting it on your car? I drive ~300 highway miles a week

Maybe I will, faggot

Bruh, you'll be fine. Stop posting and go fix your fancy Honda already!

You know what, I might just listen to you fags and put it in tomorrow. Expect another post when the ball joint breaks on a good old New York pothole

Im amazed you didnt die just looking at it. That thing is a time bomb run op run

you fucked up the order you fag