Is chevy really that bad? I only hear bad things about them, but I really like how their cars look

Is chevy really that bad? I only hear bad things about them, but I really like how their cars look

Have a cruze. It's not bad. Not too shabby. It's not special, it's beige, but it hasn't broken down. It's garbage in the snow.

Im in cali, so snow is not part of my day to day

It'll do ok. It's no Toyota, it'll probably break more than that, but it's no chrysler. It's built somewhat well, and it has an OK warranty. A bu will probably be the same.
Tldr, pic.

The "GM is bad" meme goes back to the 1970's and people who refused to update their views. These were the same people who had never sat in an American car, having only ever owned Toyota Camry's. Then they used the bailout as "evidence" that their opinions were fact.

Are you really going to trust people who suck the dick of a company that thought THIS was a good ad campaign?

If you want a reliable car get a rwd manual V8. The rwd layout keeps space in the engine bay for maintaining it with ease. V8's, especially GM is very simple and easy to maintain, heck even Veeky Forums likes to think it's 50 year old technology. And the manual is less complicated and cost less to fix.

GM's Ecotec 4 cylinders are also god-tier as far as 4 cylinders go.

my only gripe with GM products is the interior quality. not only is it plastic, it feels like cheap graphite-plastic...

Agree yet disagree, the cruzes plastic is hard and bleh, but it'll look and feel better after 10 years than soft touch plastics. I do agree that they could have been better though.

OP here,
How about the malibu? Is that halfway decent?

yes, but if going new, go for the 2.0L Turbo

If your getting a premiere it's worth it, the engine and transmission is smooth but Scooty, and as long as you like black, the interior is very comfy. I'm very happy with the 2017 I bought as a daily.

Have you experienced any problems with it? Because what holds me back is people saying that it breaks easier than other cars

Haven't had an issue yet.

>liking modern car design
Kys

Gross

I have an '08 Equinox and can confirm that the interior is shit.

Chebby made the best hot hatch of the decade

I never understood why they decided to put those cheap black plastic triangle covers right above the headlights. It's like, they wanted to install the side markers there but they had to change it or somewhat like that.

It makes the car look so damn cheap.

>It makes the car look so damn cheap.
well, it's built in Korea, so...

I drive a base 2006 Chevy Malibu LS.

My recommendation is you don't do that to yourself.

No idea about newer ones

Luckily I just ordered a BRZ so I can hand this piece of shit off to one of my brothers.

>regularcarreviews
faggot

Theyre...ok I guess. Used to be shit but much better now.

The Chevrolet division has completely changed since the banktrupcy restructure. They are more expensive, but a lot better put together.

It was to give it a more feminine look

Their new tesla ripoff is surprisingly nice

>volt
>Bolt
>B
>LOLENVIROMENT
>interior by timberland
Its a facebook-teir meme in car form.

>TFW my lease expires this week

:(

I'm not a fan of the auto-shutoff feature on the new models. I'm convinced that the start-stopping over time will degrade the starter or engine components into early replacement. Other than that I love the car. It's very comfy to drive

If he gets the premier trim with the 2.0t there is no auto shutoff. And it gets the 9 speed that GM Co-designed with Ford, really if your gonna spring for a new Malibu their is zero reason not to pay the Extra for that upgrade.

What Veeky Forums's opinion on pic related.

much better than the old one.
Should have some aftermarket support as well since they switched over to the same Gamma 2 platform used by the Sonic.

The activ manual option looks decent for the price, but as a GM fanboy even I'll admit the nips offer better options in the subcompact market.

The Spark is aimed at the city car market. It's competitors are the Smart Fortwo, and the Fiat 500. Teeny tiny cars like that.
For subcompacts, Chevy has the Sonic, which is very competitive. The Sonic is also the only subcompact built in America, so there's that as well.

Those systems use special xbox huge starters or a motor/generator instead of an alternator
What did you think GM just slaps a computer in there that shuts the engine off when you stop and that's it? That's a fair assumption considering their track record but the stop-start models have specialized components to make that feature work reliably.

Weird thread, very few people are shitposting about the American cars not being reliable meme. What's going on?

American cars got gud.
They did what you asked

Going from absolute dogshit to just dogshit isn't "a lot better"

So if it's not a subcompact what do they call the segment?

Compact?

city car

City cars dipshit. it's the segment under subcompacts.

legit never heard of it. there's really not much demand for them in my part of the country.

Snow tires.

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world that likes Ford, then I see a thread like this which reminds me why the government had to buy GM.

???

Daily reminder Ford had been so badly run into the ground they almost went under in 2006, BEFORE the economy collapsed. They only survived because Alan Mullaly gambled EVERYTHING the company had and mortgaged everything they owned, including the blue oval symbol itself.
Ford still hasn't paid back their loans. Meanwhile GM and FCA have.
which company is shittier?

>which company is shittier?
GM.

Ford has always been a floundering small-fry compared to GM. And yet, the too-big-to-fail auto giant did just that.

We all expected that from Chrysler. Their cars suck. But not GM.

>Meanwhile GM and FCA have.
They gave $40B back to the American people for their failure?

they paid back their loans, with interest.

hmm, my Silverado had the infamous shaking problem, dealers had no idea to patch this. Got rid of it for a Ferd, if you need a truck, please be cautious of this unless GM found a cure for this..

>They gave $40B back to the American people for their failure?
With interest, ahead of schedule. Ford hasn't.

>inb4 "Ferd still best, innovation, muh luminum F-1shitty"

I hope for your sake you didn't get an EcoBoom.

Have a 2011 Silvy. No issues whatsoever. the platform.

To my knowledge, I think it's only common on the new 2014s through today's models. I had a 2014, base model + single cab.

Fuck no, thank goodness I researched the engine before I bought it. Got the 5L, surprised they still offer them on their low base trims and not the souped up Farm Ranch edition.

Fiesta is a better car

But the Fiesta fights the Sonic, not the Spark. Ford doesn't have anything to fight the Spark.

>implying there's an appreciable difference
Tiny-ass car fights tiny-ass car.

There is a difference. The Spark is in the City car class with the Fiat 500 and Smart Fortwo.
The Fiesta and Sonic are subcompacts. You argue the Fiesta is better than the Spark, and I can argue the Sonic is better than any Fiesta that isn't an ST variant.

Tiny-ass car fights tiny-ass car. What difference do you think there is between a City Car and a Subcompact?

>What difference do you think there is between a City Car and a Subcompact?
physical size and interior space

Elaborate. They're both fucking microscopic.

City cars have even less interior space and smaller outside dimensions. The point of a city car is to make life more bearable in cities

Fun fact: The US government classifies the Bentley Continental GT as a subcompact due to the lack of interior space.

cant do this in a fiesta, people who cant parallel park buy these things.

That is fucking hilarious

Not going to lie. Have a 2015 spark in manual... so much more fun than I ever expected. And I have tried to reasonably kill it's fuel economy just to see how low I could get it. 35mpg. I was impressed. I have gotten it up to 46mpg and in traffic it's a blast. 7k red line is nice too.

2013 manual 5 speed here, yes it's p fun. 35 and 45 are my lowest and highest mpg since I started measuring.
Never tried redlining it though. Usually never get above 4-5k. Maybe I should try it sometime, but I always feel so silly that people will hear me revving a car that can basically fit in their truck bed.

They look like BMW Tesla combinations

Kek, ive seent a cop give a guy a ticket for that once.

I really hope he faught it.

Take it to 6800 or 7k. It's a lot of fun hearing it Rev. Actually sounds pretty good

I unironically want an SS one day

I put an aftermarket intake in a Camry just to make noise. Fuck other people, have fun. You're not hurting anything.

So is that a ay or a nay