My friend is looking to get her first car, and she has a budget of $5-6k AUD. Can you help me help her look for a car...

My friend is looking to get her first car, and she has a budget of $5-6k AUD. Can you help me help her look for a car? Right now she's looking at this 2005 VW Golf, and it looks decent enough but she wants to keep looking at more options before making a decision.

She's looking for a car that:

>has good fuel efficiency
>is reliable
>has easy parts to find
>low kms
>2005 and up

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/private/details/Volkswagen-Golf-2005/SSE-AD-4854121/?Cr=7
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/dandenong/cars-vans-utes/2005-mazda-3-hatchback-low-kms-rego-rwc-12-months-warranty/1153959598
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic/Jazz.

VW is trash, do not buy.

This. VW isnt reliable.

Volvo V50.

>2005 and up
Fuck that gay shit, tell her to get a 121 bubble, a corolla or a starlet. Technology has barely improved for small passenger cars since the mid 90s.

Is it really? She was looking at getting this one. carsales.com.au/private/details/Volkswagen-Golf-2005/SSE-AD-4854121/?Cr=7

Anyways yeah she's interested in the Mazda 3, and was also recommended a Corolla and Honda Jazz by her mother.

She wants stuff like AUX cords and shit like that, the kind of stuff 18 year old girls want in a car.

Oh fuck mate! How will you ever get a head unit with aux input? Better buy a new car......

kek

I'm going to ignore literally all of everything you posted and suggest that she get a 73 Falcon XB GT coupe.
Put a new head unit in it.

Young people don't have 100k lying around to buy boomermobiles.

What do you guys think of this Mazda 3? gumtree.com.au/s-ad/dandenong/cars-vans-utes/2005-mazda-3-hatchback-low-kms-rego-rwc-12-months-warranty/1153959598

I don't think she'll be able to afford one of those.

>she's interested in the Mazda 3
Girls that drive Mazda 3s are psychos. Source: official Veeky Forums studies.

Looks alright, other than being an auto and being a dealer car even though it's listed privately.

Make sure the paint is in good nick and there's no rust anywhere because Mazdas of that era had thin paint and rust easily if exposed to salt/sand.

I saw a little Mazda 626 with a for sale sign in its window today, at least 2005 probably newer, $2800.
Of course I have no way of telling if there was anything wrong with it but it looked good and I thought to myself "that's a good car for $2800".

The mazdas seem to be a strong choice for modern light passenger cars, everybody's got one!

nearly forgot, it must have flappy paddle gearbox

That's good to know. She can't drive auto anyway to it's okay.

I meant manual, fuck.

Honda fit/jazz

>woman
>driving a euro car

get her a toyota.

OP, your friend is in the same boat as me so
What would Veeky Forums pick :
>VW Golf V 1.6 mpi 102 bhps
>VW Passat B6 1.6 FSI 116 bhp
>BMW E90 318i 143 bhp
>Toyota Avensis T25 1.8 129 bhp
>Mazda 3 2.0L 150 bhp
>Audi A4 B7 1.6 mpi 102 bhp
>Audi A6 C5 2.0 131 bhp

Ofcourse, if you want something reliable af but somewhat dull-looking, the Toyota Auris with the 1.8L petrol that develops 148 bhp is an absolute blast to drive.

So, what would Veeky Forums pick ?

The Toyota is the obvious sensible choice. Mazda if you want something not quite as boring and live somewhere without road salt.

The sensible choice would be the 1.4 or 1.33L Auris, but the 1.8 150 bhp lump is anything but sensible. The Golf V with either the 1.4L or 1.6L petrol are much more sensible than the fast af Auris.
THe only issues with Toyota is that, despite being reliable af, parts are also expensive af.

I thought rust doesnt exist in ’Straya

>Mazda 626
>2005

Wait, what?

Get a Twingo

Way over budget.