Why can't there be more itasha that isn't disgusting hentai anime girls?

Why can't there be more itasha that isn't disgusting hentai anime girls?

This is even more cringey than naked women airbrushed all over a fat boomers hot rod or harley davidson,

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xsdHHg42nts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>yolobathsalts

Absolutely. The world needs tasteful itasha. Having naked girls is just cringey.

Do you even know what Itasha means? It's cringe by definition. The "ita" means the pain you feel when you look at it.

I don't have to conform to that though.

I guess, but it would become something different and therefore require a new definition.

or the pain to the wallet for getting the work on the car done too.

There is. The ''lewd'' itasha is just a trend in degenerate America. Japanese usually use mild graphics when they do itasha.

I would totally get the princess robot bubblegum itasha on my spyder since it's riced out already but it'd probably cost too much to justify getting it purely for irony.

I am considering doing a gundam or eva bonnet on my civic.

its not possible to cover your car in anime and be "tasteful"

But that's the whole point of itasha you stupid idiot?
It's meant to be "painfully" embarrassing

>tasteful itasha

You wouldn't last 5 minutes there without getting booted out of the country

It's not possible to own a car and drive it outside of a track and be "tasteful".

The anime alone is supposed to be embarassing, because it's usually a cringey show for little kids. In Japan, people refused to buy these two cars just because they had what is essential japan's "High School Musical" all over them.

A real itasha is like painting my little pony all over your car. It's not over the top. It looks like the owner of the car isn't trying to make a statement and just got what he liked while, emphasis here, thinking he was being tasteful. Therein lies the greatest second hand embarassment of all.

that's still cringy

What kind of retardation is this?

Itasha is only ever not embarassing on bikes. After all, you already expected the guy riding it to be a manchild.

frs is cute desu

would buy but only drive at night in

I like these

Im going to post some more

In the 1980s, when Japan was at the zenith of its economic might, Tokyo's streets were a parade of luxury import cars. Among them, the "itasha"—originally Japanese slang meaning an imported Italian car—was the most desired. Since then, itasha (as the decorated vehicle) was derived from combining the Japanese words for itai (痛い, painful) and sha (車, vehicle). Itai here means "pain(ful)", which can be interpreted as "painfully embarrassing" or "painful for the wallet" due to the high costs involved. The name is also a pun for Italian cars (イタリア車 Itaria-sha), truncated in Japanese slang as Itasha (イタ車).[1]

>tfw italian sportscars were painfully embarassing

This motorcycle is cosplaying

This one isnt actually anime, it just looks like it should be

I want this wrap on mine.

just about anything Americans do is cringy because its done out of trying to be cool instead of love

only Nippon has genuine style of itasha

>tfw red color is japan only
>tfw the "bike" isn't even a new idea

Honda a shit

>ITT: Autists defend a subculture they don't understand
It literally means "painful to look at".
Most people in Japan hate these things too.

Wait thats just photoshop

Forgive me

This one is well done

normies hate everything

news at 12

If you show up to the grocery store riding a honda fireblade I don't think anyone is going to care if it says NICO YAZAWA on one side and IS MY WIFE on the other. You're already painful to look at.

Hence, the itabikes.

Honda even sells factory itabikes for marc marquez cosplayers

really tho if you dont have cute graphics on your race car youre doing it wrong

see
you cant read

scroll up a bit

Repsol and honda have been married selling bikes since the late 90s though, its not a new thing.

That normie car got fucking rekt by squidgirl.

because pretty much only degenerate weebs and pedos get that shit done

Why care what other people don't like?

Normies hate everything.

Repsol hondas are still one of the most embarassing things you can ride. You don't even have to know motoGP to feel sorry for the guy dressed up as a racer.

Normies were a mistake.

I wish, my buddy owns one of those things and chicks fucking piss themselves for a ride on it

I remember Cartoon Network had some, I think they were Smart Fortwos, with a Gumball themed 'Itasha' when the show first came out.

>tfw no pink su-four

anyone got the screencap where the guy who lives next to him posted where he lives

DEGESO

GSR Miku is on Spa 24 hrs next week.

That's pretty awesome.
That entire thing is pretty awesome desu

I sorta like itasha but I wouldn't do it
I use anime stickers instead, mostly subtle but still makes it my own and suits my tastes

>I sorta like itasha but I wouldn't do it
Itasha limits where I can drive it. The chance is small but significant enough that I cannot go to a mall or other places teens go. Maybe you live in a good area, but here, many are from disadvantaged households. I don't want to have a car that "sticks out".

>Long island represent

>tasteful
>itasha
pick one

>This thread

Not sure what's worse, the shameless GMposting threads, slap threads or wearing diapers in public.

>Infinite Stratos

Why he chose to put that garbage on his ride is beyond me, but whatever.

Why can't anyone ever do a Jojo Itasha?

good point

Because jojo is too tasteful to be on the side of a vehicle.

Where do you get your made up facts from? The Prius sells like hotcakes in Japan like the rest of the world too. GT86 is also a popular car but doesn't sell because nobody has the money In Japan.

>The Prius sells like hotcakes in Japan
You changed the topic. He was talking about two specific itasha cars having buyers and not about the entire Prius line having buyers. You are too eager to accuse someone of having made up facts like in other threads.

Love me some wrapped bikes. Wish I had the funds to do mine.
Indeed they do I got mine off craigslist
I like the repsol paint personally.
Bikes just make skanks wet doesn't matter what kind or weeb shit you have on it

>IS
I started it because it looked like a good mech show. But ended up being harem trash.

Or more appropriately, why hasn't anyone done an Initial D Itasha? Think about it, a Silvia with pictures of Iketani on it makes itself.

>But ended up being harem trash.

wow, a heavily focus tested, market researched anime made after the lost decade is more haremshit

Lmao don't. Some dude around me has a gundam crz and I cringe every time. At least kawaii girls and hentai can be post-ironic, but /m/ shit is full sperg.

What car would look best with my girlfriend on it?

Considering /hersong/ is this

youtube.com/watch?v=xsdHHg42nts

I'd say Pontiac Fiero.

>Maybe you live in a good area
actually I live in a third world shithole
people would laugh and probably take pictures but I dont care

>a heavily focus tested, market researched anime made after the lost decade is more haremshit
Of course because anime's main purpose is to serve as advertising to keep the IP in the public's consciousness as long as possible so that merchandise can be sold.

IS was a merchandising anime, so of course it was focus-group tested and market-researched. Harem is the way to go for easily creating template female characters just like how the studio created other characters. Character goods make far more money than anime video sales. And the studio gets a share of the merchandising cut too since it no doubt offered reduced rates in exchange for a bigger percentage of royalty fee sharing in the production committee.

Otherwise, online sites doing a lot of reverse video importing such as bakabt would have been inundated by requests from the japanese or chinese producers or studios. In recent history (as far I have read in their forums), the japanese studio (not IP firm) contacted them to remove just 2 titles recently coming out on video. Of note is that the studio didn't ask for any other titles. I bet those specific titles were ones the studio didn't get much of revenue sharing cut, and so had to depend on the video sales to recoup costs.

>anime's main purpose is to serve as advertising to keep the IP in the public's consciousness as long as possible so that merchandise can be sold.

So are you saying that anime is basically no different from 80's cartoons which were glorified toy commercials?

how can it be sperg if it's /m/anly?

Some stuff is definitely made to move merchandise and sell toys- Gundam comes to mind.

Even Gundam was initially designed without toys in mind, it was only after Tomino was told it'd never get any airtime without a toyline tie in did the robots get brightly colored paint and combination gimmicks. You can tell the original show had a lot of effort put into it that was mucked up by greedy executives so you end up with idiotic filler episodes. The shows that came before it were less serious but still incorporated flashy toyetic robots and gimmicks. After Gundam appears you get more and more shows eschewing merchandising for a couple decades or so as Japan's economy goes on Mr Bones' Wild Ride and people stop caring for luxuries like molded plastic model kits of fictional robots.

my sides would be in orbit if I saw pic related on the side of a Silvia

Normie tier post desu

There should be lifted truck itashas to confuse inbred dudebros

What would be on it?

Monster sticker themed itasha?

I want a Speedwagon itasha on my wrx wagon if that counts

Fist of the North Star?

it can be done.
pick a design that hides your power level.