I just bought a new bike and tomorrow will ride a motorcycle for first time in my life

What should I keep in mind? I am getting an beginner 373cc bike as it's my first . Plus I get bored with a thing quiet easily so decided to buy a entry level then buy I bigger displacement bike when I feel I am done with the bike. The bike I bought is ktm rc390.

Pic related the bike I booked.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aU1_6PKI-mc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you buy the beginner bike with the higher priced parts and maintenance on purpose?

enjoy your poo in the poo loo bike

I bought the bike stock. There are no higher priced or aftermarket parts.

its a good engine though get prepared to put down $7-900 on the first service. (valve adjustment)

Wonder if the head gaskets on these are going to blow within 1000 miles like on the first run.

Enjoy stalling but try not to hurt others with your poor decision making

practice a bit on side roads and parking lots
Buy proper protection. You spend money on bike, dont jew on helmet, suit and boots, especially that they will probably outlive the bike (and maybe even you).

>KTM

either bait, or a foolish decision

I sure am glad they stopped selling the Poo in Loo version of the small displacement KTM'S here. Still really shitty how they use the switches and shit from a $1000 poobike.

someone post the KTM pic

That's not what he asked.

>KTM
Kek, should've done some research first.

>le ktm is bad because i cant afford one meme

idiots

what does it consist of

KTMs arent expensive you idiot. In fact, anything but their more premium models are built in a factory in India and are well known to have quality control issues.

you bought a poo poo poop bike made by poos in a poo country that will be a global pooperpower by 2020

also you bought it new

u dum

a collection of screen caps displaying KTM's superior reliability :^)

>Look up ktm review on Jew tube
>it's always in India

:^)

Should have got a used Ninja 300 desu, small KTM's are shit.

Buy some decent gear and pray the head gasket doesn't blow.

Bro do yourself and your family a favor and take the msf course

there are some in the USA. btw the dukes and the RC was only in the USA since 2015 and india had it since 2012. so it makes sense.

im almost to 1K need 60 miles to go.

My first service was $360AUD with valves...
Most expensive service in 2 years was 470 to replace the headlight and valves again...

it is a good beginner bike and will last you for a while

a few things to keep in mind:
practice your fundamental handling skills. practice swerving out of the way of something at high speed. practice hard braking. practice your tight slow corners. you will avoid accidents that could kill people who don't know what they're doing if you can make the bike do exactly what you want it to do. swerving out of the way of people changing lanes into you, or braking at 100% when people pull onto the road will save your skin eventually. don't be lazy, know what to do.

pay attention. always check what is beside you when you change lanes or pull over. always keep an eye on the mirror when you stop in case you see someone who obviously isn't paying attention so you can get out of the way. always ride in a position that lets you see up ahead (it is slower to take the late apex but getting the extra 1/2 second look at the corner ahead will get you out of a crash at one point)

if you don't know the limit of your bike/yourself, don't test it unless you're prepared to crash. you will naturally break this rule when learning otherwise you would never leave a parking lot, but when you start thinking you can really push your bike to the limit you are running a very real risk of seriously injuring yourself. find somewhere that has the least risk when you fall off if you are going to test yourself. the track is great but you can learn a lot on the street while still being safe.

have fun

youtu.be/aU1_6PKI-mc

Not the easiest bike to learn with, but I think it's fine since very light and agile. But the position won't help at first trials.

Learn to ride a bike 101
> Look where you want to go, not the obstacle, not your front wheel, not your speedo.
> Squeeze the bike with your knees and feet, your hands should only turn the handlebar, don't rest on them ! Also learn to apply pressure on your footpegs.
> Don't shift or brake while turning. Do it before. If you are too large in a turn, just look the end of it and use the rear brake if needed.
> Road priorities don't exist for bikers, double check everything.
> Also, enjoy and welcome.

lol got the first service for free at my dealer

my dealership has a prepaid service

He's asking why you went with the German manufacturer equivalent of bikes, not what parts are already on it. Retard.

I'm gonna second the
>Look where you want to go, not the obstacle
Seriously if you're in a turn, and you look at that light pole, you're gonna hit it. Turn your fuckin head not just your eyes