I have an idea to to start a business of pants that charge your phone when you put the phone into your pocket

I have an idea to to start a business of pants that charge your phone when you put the phone into your pocket.

I've done all the science and I can make it work but I'm not sure who to market it towards originally. I was thinking Young Females since they have a lot of cash and really love their phones.

I did a survey of 9 people and 6 said they would buy it.

I'm hoping the initial cost will be $150, and considering how people buy smart watches and fitbits it doesn't seem too high for an initial product.

What do you guys think of my idea? And who should I market it to?

I'm not a very social person so I can't sell the idea very well by just speaking about it, what should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=79&v=4WaUcXSfPTg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good luck user, I hope young females want to wear pants designed by some dude whose skills include being able to make charging pockets

let me guess you put magnets into the thighs that create electricity when rubbed. disney came up with that shit in their kids lab.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=79&v=4WaUcXSfPTg

Nope.

Mine uses a different method of generating electricity. But its cool to see Disney did that

> (OP)
Right now every felmale I've talked to said they would buy them. While 1/4 males said they would buy them.

People have large phone cases. Will you be able to accomodate that?

Years ago Levi's had special $200 jeans with an ipod only pocket. Now they don't. What makes you think your pants won't go the way of the dodo?

they're putting you into the idea zone

women do this shit to every guy. they don't want to hurt your feelings so they tell you they love your product (as an idea)

they claim they would buy your product until you ask them to buy it then they'reall like "aww user, i love your product but only for the idea" then come back crying on your shoulder when chad's product breaks during its first use

I appreciate the concern but the last part comes off like your a refugee from /r9k/

Yes, its not a super tight pocket nor is it designed for only. I'm going to try and keep the cost as low as as I can will still making a profit.

I want it to be under $100 with full charging capabilities, not just a pocket to hold a phone.

I'm also planning on going to one of the major phone manufacturing companies as I believe these pants with their brand could become a complementary good and make us both a lot of money.

Market it for women's purses rather than their pants.

Men like practicality. Design it for suit pants but with some other practical use. Maybe its an add-on to their phone clip. If it's light weight then it goes in the jacket pocket.

I'd invest in the weight and the design. Do not make it "cool hip design".

Market it incredibly upscale. You want to completely avoid the "stuff i've seen on t.v" market of knick knacks.

These types of devices sell up>down

To add-on. You probably want to have a third design set that is for blue collar guys. This segment would translate well into the athletic market and consequently the youth market.

Market it as "tough", maybe you can charge construction devices that these guys might have on their person. Maybe athletic devices tracking athletes get use out of it.

Maybe its interchangeable so they can use their cellphone on it after they charge their electronic construction handhelds.

I'm sorry but there is no way this is going to work.
It's a bad idea plain amd simple. Women don't keep their phones in their pocket, they buy pants for style not for usefulness, no one wants some akward gadget in their pants, and most people get through a day without having to recharge their phone. Also there are car chargers and portable rechargers that solve this problem.

When I first read this post I thought you were saying the user's account would be charged a cost for using the pockets. What about that? Women are probably willing to wear pants with no pockets or a small fee for ever putting her phone in her pocket instead of her purse. Men probably wouldn't support the idea as much

Thanks user, those were good ideas, I'll definitely see what I can do with the blue collar guys.

Why doesn't "cool hip design" work?

I might as well try, if I don't make it I don't make it.

Nope its just that the pocket charges your phone battery when you put your phone into it.

Can your Jeans be washed in a washing machine? I think thats your greatest Problem

>Why doesn't "cool hip design" work?
It'll look like another japanese knick knack for electronics

Yeah that's the biggest logistics question I'm working on. I'm currently trying to find ways that it could be. I won't go public until I figure it out.

Good to know

call the product liar, liar

>because your pants will be on fire

People will probably think the pants are going to blow up

Removable pockets?

why don't you just forget all about this "science" stuff trying to get phones into girls' pants and actually try to get yourself into a girl's pants for once, user, you fucking pencil neck geek.

oh yeah, i just got off the phone with the patent office and they said they approved my patent application for YOUR idea, lol. thanks for the $$ chump.

Young females with lots of cash won't buy them, they'd rather buy brand name fashion.

>Target towards young female early adopters
>Young female
>Early adopter

wew lad you got me to respond

>I was thinking Young Females

>don't use pockets

>Market it for women's purses rather than their pants.
This is a million dollar idea right here

Did you have fun role-playing there?

There are already a million compact external battery packs out there for every phone imaginable. Why would a woman want some tacky, off brand purse and battery combo when they can buy a battery pack for $10 which will work with all of their purses, jeans, jackets etc? Also, this and. If you do go the jeans route, there is no way that your $150 dollar jeans are going to look as good as other $100+ jeans designed by fashion experts, especially with some battery pack stuffed somewhere in the fabric.