If Initial D was made again today what car would be featured instead of the Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX?

If Initial D was made again today what car would be featured instead of the Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX?

Maybe an Impreza or LAN EVO? Something that was fast for the time but is ten years old, passed down to a kid so he can street race his fellow hoodlums on the touge

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9AcL4rPhw&t=15s
youtu.be/beNlEwPSBaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both Imprezas and Lancer Evolutions are 4WD (with some Lancers being FWD).
Rear wheel drive is optimum for drifting so which ever car he used would likely have to be rear wheel drive.

The spirit of the touge is lost on the current effiminate generation. Their noses are firmly planted to their cell phones and they don't even care about how they get to the shitty hiphop concert, just as long as they get there. They will embrace the soulless appliance transport box with the autonomous driving computer so they never have to look up from their screens, and just post instagrams to their equally disenguaged friends.

So to answer your question, the car of choice would be an early model google autocar that will safely and percisely drive them down Mt Akina at the speed limit and in the proper lane. They will survuive to eat their tofu.

not this fucking thread again

An rx-8 meme mobile.

It's the 240/180/Silvia, not a hard question.

Do the later gen lan evos have... misfiring systems?

I wish I had a Merc. 190 2.5 16v cosworth so I could be the german dagumi but I only have the 2.3 8v and I cant afford to buy a 10k car yet.

but to your question, the most fitting would honestly be the gt86... its only 5 years old but its getting there. if it has to be older well idk, i looked it up but almost every car made in the 2000s is not similar to the old86 theres nothing

Nah the GT86 is still pretty good and is well known for being pretty good.
The whole thing about the AE86 was that it was a sleeper car. Everyone thought it was an outdated hunk of junk (and they were not entirely wrong) but it had great handling and an incredible driver.

The problem with the current generations of vehicles is that normal grocery getter cars aren't made in RWD anymore. You would have to have some unassuming hatch or 4door in an FR layout to match the ae86. That simply doesn't happen anymore. Honestly it would either be a gt86 because meme car and lol slow or it would be a miata shitbox because lol miata and lol slow.

Miata actually seems kind of possible.
GT86 if they gave it another 10 or so years.

couldn't be made cause most kids in last few years are total fags when it comes to driving. Also, all cars in last 10 years are mostly fwd and filled with shitload of electronics which are supposed to kill any fun while driving

Japanese cars are all shit today so all the boy racers wouldn't exist because the Japanese Spirit is dead.

I think motorcycles would be a more fitting vehicle considering how no one who's young now can afford the cars that were in Initial D...

The boomers fucked us over, but at least most people can still afford a busa or gixxer.

It's also going to be really hard for them to cuck motorcyclists with autonomous systems like they're doing with cars.

this
i had a fwd shitbox as my dd that had no abs no stability control, just the engine and the wheels
the most fun i had driving
now every car has NO FUN features

Either the E36 or a Civic

worst part-you can't turn them off (example-new rwd twingo). I am really happy that only thing that's any form of electronic on my 06' hawkeye sti is abs and dccd, but same year mazda 6 has some idiotic form of tcs which i have to turn off so i can drive the car normally. They made a whole generation of idiot drivers with forcing "security features" which if become disabled you have a lot of absolutely incapable of driving anything over 50 km/h. Best advice on inital d was when the Toudou school made their students turn off ABS so they could learn how to brake

Old BMW 3/2 series. It's generic, inconspicuous, rwd, and could be a delivery car.

except every millennial right now buys up classic rwd cars and drifts them

Also the touges are full of speed bumps.

>black and white e36 328i drifting the toogay

I can see it, user

Terminator Cobra probably.

Id rather have this over "which car would get me laid / redpill me on nigger cars".

And i think, looking at the historical record, that this is what most people would agree on.

To make it work in a "modern" setting I'd purpose doing what we've talked about in several other threads: America D

Setting is the appalachian mountains in the south (Tennessee/North Carolina/Virginia area).

US Protagonist starts with a Fox Body Mustang that used to be his dad's

And for some reason, in those threads, the protagonist delivers pizza. But wouldn't something more, I don't know, liquid be a better way to learn to drift?

Would this be better? His dad runs a brewery and told him to get the delivery done in under an hour or the cops would find him, then he would also have to deal with sloshing beer in the backseat.

Initial D is set in a unique snapshot in time when the performance car market in Japan had reached its peak. A lot of the cars in Inisharu Dee simply don't have true newer equivalents, and this includes the AE86. In addition, car culture and police attitude towards racing is different now. Many of the formerly-ideal 2ghey routes have had speed bumps installed on them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Initial D wouldn't even work in a modern setting because it is a product of the era it was made during.

XE10 Toyota Altezza/Lexus IS

>Initial D wouldn't even work in a modern setting
Maybe not in Japan, see Hell, you still have PLENTY of illegal moonshine stills in the mountains. Kid should be running moonshine down the mountain to all the speakeasies that order off his dad

People are now very nostalgic for that car culture, and the 90s in general though.

Perhaps not a modern-setting remake is in order but, instead, a reboot with a different car.

Probably some sort of Mustang.

That's just JDMfaggots and driftniggers, and they're an exception. The average Millennial couldn't tell an R34 GT-R from a Chaser with a TRD body kit, or a 316i from a 335i.

>JDMfaggots and driftniggers

Whom do you think the target demographic is? And one of the great things about that chinese cartoon show is that its somehow able to pull in both of those said millennial groups.

I think Initial D set in Europe would be the best, since they too have a lot of mountain passes and there would be a fucking wide variety of cars to be featured, including American and Japanese cars and Europe exclusive (well, not sold in the US anyway) models like the Carina II. Too bad that nearly every car in Europe is an FWD sub 2L cuckbox.

I work with a black millennial that has a small collection of 80s cars. Dude has an AE86, Z31 and a g body. I told that dude he needs to set up a YouTube channel documenting his restoration projects.

We also have mountains and whatnot in the US, just not in some states.

The right answer is always Fox Body Mustang.

And the fact that there's literally DOZENS of Fox's for sale here (here being Virginia) for 5k or less in great condition and already built makes that believable.

The only cars the American Initial D would have would be 8L V8s squeezing out 120 HP to the wheels. Europe would see cars from all over the continent, from Trabants to Yugos to Ladas to Robins to BMWs to Mercs to Fiats to Alfas to Minis to even the NSU Ro 80, the first applied use of the rotary engine.

wat
most millennial's I know buy honda civics

>yfw there will never be another anime about street racing

Here you are again just spouting memes trying to start shit just because you hate Americans so much for some reason or something.

Well let's see; we already mentioned the Fox Mustang. Next there's the GNX, the Corvette, Turbo Trans-Am, Fiero GT, Taurus SHO, Camaro IROC, Daytona Shelby Z, and the little known Shelby Omni GLHS.

Kindly take a seat with the fuckery that you're spewing.

>he thinks that a certain nipponese motion drawing serial was about cars

Not to mention that there are plenty of LHD japanese cars in the states during the 90s.

You're absolutely right. I just chose to mention American brands to humor his bullshit and blow it away.

you could easily do tennesee. around gatlinberg and Pigeon Forge there's a bunch of rural 2 lane roads that you can easily speedy speed boy through.

[spoiler]although cletus in his 6 wheel 10 foot tall truck is too busy hogging up your lane on blind corners to do it safely.[/spoiler]

I would like to see a corvette in such a show but I think its rather rubbish around corners.

Corvette would definitely be a stage 1 or stage 2 opponent.

if it was made set today, Ford Focus SVT or a v6 SN95

An is300

Holden commodore.

If you want to be a special snowflake then go with an XR4Ti.

fuck its brit time already

>double wishbone f/r, 50/50, low, wide, wide tires, good brakes
>can't corner

BMW E30.
>Similar drift capabilities
>Manufactured at the same time as the Trueno
>Cool looking
I can totally see Takumi in this.

Initial D was made in the mid 90s with a 10 year old car so if it was made now it would use a 10 year old sleeper. Maybe a IS300? But even now, is300s are seen as performance cars, but no other production car would fit I think.

10 years old rwd, the only thing i can think of is a bmw 1 series. but they are so fucking heavy

subaru legacy

Initial D: Ausfag edition.

Takumi, aka "Taggo", driving an AU falcon ute.

>rips hektik skidz on the first corner
>reported to the NSW police
>car crushed and sentanced to life in prison
>rest of the show is just an australian prison break remake

It's still a pretty expensive and high spec car of its day though. The whole point of the 86 was that even in its heyday it was basically a suped up shitbox. A Corolla with some tacked on boyracer tunes and suspension.

>not using an xr6 turbo
Fag

Probably a BRZ.

This.

>325
We need to go shittier. 318ti or nothing.

>ywn get to see a chinese cartoon drift race through tail of the dragon

why even live

Naw, that black paint and super high base price at the time, this is Nakazato's car.

GT86 is my best bet.

>Initial D: Eastern Europe Stage
>Takurwa Fugoskevic delivers potatoes and vodka on a Lada
>through the most shittily maintained mountain roads
>sometimes without even asphalt, for sweet rallycross challenges

F U N D I T

youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9AcL4rPhw&t=15s

enjoy

Definitely a Celica All Trac

Essentially Breaking Bad meets Initial D. I would watch the fuck out of this and not even for the cars.

Bosnia D:
>2030s, autonomous transportation is the norm in europe, human-driven cars are all but extinct
>everything is gay and multiculti because it's the future
>people mostly just jack off to japanese drawings and commit suicide
>however, the balkans are still a mess
>all the cars produced before the advent of the googlecar are exported to ex-yugo shitholes
>21st century computer-on-wheels designs prove to be unreliable, they're either cannibalized for parts or converted into dumb cars with electric drive
>the majority use mercedes w123 chassis that have been rebuilt several times over, ruggedized 4wd corollas and skeletonized ladas running on rakija
>sakib sakibović has inherited a mint condition yugo 45 from his grandparents
>it's a beauty, the last of the 1.3Ls
>since there's no industry and the job market is nil he just fucks around avoiding fourty-year old minefields and drifting Mt. Majevica with whoever still goes outside
>during his adventures, our hero finds out some nietzscshean bull about finding purpose and defying misery or something

please rate and donate to my patreon

Just need more car anime in general.

>world is like the city in 5th element
>hover cars and high tech everywhere
>but beneath the mist, the old streets are still useable
>scrap tuner culture has exploded amongst the poor and desperate
>small gangs of motorheads vie for control of territory and resources

>episode where a classic car museium in the rich area of town gets raided for preformance parts.

I don't that any of them had it stock except maybe the 6.5, and not once outside of Initial D or this board have I heard that name. I always see it called plain 'ol "anti-lag."

Initial M8:

>set in the 2002 loft heights of the Max Power era south east UK
>southend and other parts of essex are a hotbed of street racing activity
>coming back from a meet one night, Big Dave™ encounters a old Sierra behind him
>attempting to lose him in his WRX is fruitless and he is shocked to watch this old shitheap pass him and vanish down a country lane sideways, much faster than he can even imagine driving

you could even have an AE86, my dad had one when i was a kid (tfw, that car would have been worth a fucking fortune nowadays) and that would have been about 1991.

Beautiful.

Shigeno is making another manga about racing tho.

>no true modern equivalent to AE86

It's called the GT86. It's light, it's FR, it's based around "86", and the president of now dead scion said to Jay Leno that it was based on the AE86. So fuck with the facts you made up.

my waster uncle had 2 ae86's (or corolla coupes or whatever they were called over here) in the early 00's, he used to take me to the tesco#s in it and drift it around the car park roundabouts, stacked one into a hedge and scrapped the other in 2012 as it had been sat in his back garden since 2005

they were kind of common with the max power/redline crew, in the same way as capris and 200zx's

(my uncle had a garage, but kept lawnmowers and wood offcuts in it instead of the ae, imagine the £££ he could have had if he'd stored it)

>or a 316i from a 335i.
[spoiler] I cant either[/spoiler]
I just ignore cars I can never afford.

It's a shame that the Fox Body Mustang is more related to the AE86 than the GT86 will ever be.

the AE86 is little more than an economy shitbox while the GT86 is a somewhat anemic performance car. They're hardly related beyond PR.

>It's light, it's FR
if those are your criteria for determining relatives of the AE86, there's dozens of cars that are closer to the tofubox than the GT86.

>rwd v8 barge
>rwd v8 barge
>rwd v8 barge
>rwd v8 barge
>mr i4 econobox
>fwd econobox BUT WITH TARBO!!!@@#!
>rwd v8 barge
>ANOTHER fwd econobox with TARBOO!
>AND ANOTHER

I'd understand if Initial D was literally just AE86es and some Civics, but Japan's auto industry pretty much experimented with every automotive techonology. Americans only stuck with what worked and what was cheap.

>AE86
>fast for the time
lmao

A motorcycle.

The guy in an rwd shitbox of yesterday rides a $4k liter he got on craigslist now because fun cars ain't cheap and the parking situation in Japan has only gotten wise. Dagumi would have a super four and work as a tofu courrier.

Then what would Iketani drive?

I-i-is it wrong that I now want to get a fox body now since they kinda look '86 ish and are significantly cheaper? I'd like an AE88, but they are kinda hard to find and a fox body would have better performance anyway. Not gonna put moon runes on it like an autist, maybe put a black hood on it. Other things I was thinking about was a turd gen camaro,miata or 5th gen civic hatch (not that I consider it comparable to anything else I mentioned, just gum tape deathmatch)

Shingo Taurus SHO is something I wanna see.

somebody in my town owns a white foxbody with a black hood, I wonder whether the owner was inspired by Inisharu Dee every time I see it on the road

Post trucks fags

Dude this.

Kind of have it be a dukes of hazard esque thing with the hero out drifting the cops in the intro

Naw, I cant see Shingo in anything else but a hot hatch. If Nakazato is in a M3, Shingo would be in a GTI

(You) didn't even get like half the engines or weights right.

4 years ago I stayed all summer in Japan and took a nice road trip to the surrounding prefectures (Ibaraki, Yamanashi, Gunma and Saitama) around Tokyo with a friend that lives there.

A very small percentage of the passes that I saw had speed bumps (sometimes accompanied with signs telling people to drive safely) and it's mostly between 2 or 3 hairpins (maybe too many accidents in those areas on the pass and the government took action). The rest of the road is smooth in most of them.

If you just go to the notorious passes (which are a very small quantity) then you'll think all of them are speed bump'd.

youtu.be/beNlEwPSBaA

Pizza works
I used to be a delivery driver and you have to be fairly careful so you don't flip the pizza over or have it get flung up on the top of the box etc etc

>AE86
what is gt86
>takumi shows up to race against modern day Veeky Forumstist
>user is waiting at start line, sweating and trying to keep his fedora balanced
>takumi shows up in gt86
>user starts laughing
>"MINIVAN!"
>he gets into his rented c6 corvette and the race starts
>2 corners later gt86 has dissapeared while user from Veeky Forums is trying to get his 'vette out of the ditch while muttering something about torque dip

face it, gt86 is considered to be a rolling shell by benchracers and even by people who drive them and do well to be "a bit slow" but in reality it's insanely nimble and allready often used as a race car.
it is the new ae86.

Maybe a manual is300 or something of that nature?

>over 10 years old
>rwd
>car that realistically could be handed down by father figure
>is a car that nobody would expect to handle well
>can definitely be set up for grip or doriftos
>4 doors so practical use as a delivery driver of some sort
>Toyota so keeps with the theme