What does Veeky Forums think of Elon Musk and Tesla?

What does Veeky Forums think of Elon Musk and Tesla?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B2wRvhbJIQQ
businessinsider.com/tesla-stock-price-california-state-government-bailing-out-2017-7
youtu.be/wQXqeWKY2Fc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's trying to become the automotive Steve Jobs and so far it seems like he will succeed.
The fanbois are just as crazy.

Steve Jobs could sell Sand to Arabs with his marked up as fuck phones.

Elon apparently can't turn much a profit on his cars.

There are way higher costs involved in making cars than phones and computers.
It will take some time but he'll get there.

IIRC it's because he's dumping it all into infrastructure, the gigafactory, and SpaceX. That re-usable first stage is kickass.

if he wasn't trying to rapidly grow like he is. Then he could be turning a profit. they sell the model S and model X for 20% more than it costs to build them.

He's a scam artist that needs to be publicly hanged.

Elon Musk's contribution to make EVs viable (by heavily bankrolling them) is admirable, and the fact that Tesla's are shockingly quick (0-60 in around 2 seconds, not bad when you consider they weigh upwards of 5000 pounds) is something to applaud. That being said, the brand comes off as incredibly pretentious, and their fans are fucking insane.

Also, for better or for worse, the Model S is the return of the "Power Barge". It's as large as a Crown Victoria yet is pretty damn quick.

so do you wanna build EV, build an national underground tunnel system, or build space ships? You can't possibly do all 3

He's a sad man who's trying to create the future and is doing it successfully.

He sold PayPal, he can do anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=B2wRvhbJIQQ

Kekworthy

Fuck him. He's the reason why manually operated cars are going to die soon in like 2 decades from now thanks to his idea of autonomous cars.

Fuck him, and his sheepfollwers and self automated cars. You're not taking my freedom of driving away from me, ever.

you should be happy! Less congestion, less noise, and less retards driving around. Everyone wins.

>autonomous cars
>being widespread in two decades
Look at this man and laugh

All for naught if Musk and his merry band of autists implement laws favoring autonomy.

Also the guys an idiot for opposing AI as it goes hand in hand with autonomous cars.

You sound like a boomer. I hate the idea of autonomous cars myself, but you're not going to stop the future.

If he didn't do it, someone else would have with the direction cars have been going. Safety, fuel economy, and minimal repair for the masses is the future, and that means autonomous, electric cars. At least Musk made a RWD car that accelerates like a cunt and has an optional performance mode.

he doesn't "hate AI", he just sees it as a risk *if* we don't prepare for it. He wants AI to be a thing, but only if it can't fuck us over.

And getting the car hacked by some neckbeard in a shallow basement somewhere, or better yet, when it rains and water gets on the sensors, have it fuck up and go out of control. Excellent!

Give these things to retards who actually can't drive, like women for example.

You'd be surprised. Uber killed a bunch of Taxi services in the span of 2 years, I wouldn't be surprised if autonomous cars would kill and outlaw manually driven cars in the nick of time, say 10 years.

Given that cum gurgling libs don't like driving, label cars as "weapons, and dangerous" despite riding in one from their friendly local uber driver.

Veeky Forums will be no longer when this bullshit comes into play and i'm scared, and angry.

>autonomous
>SAFE

HAHAHAHA

Holy shit get a load of this fucking guy. I bet you are a shill in disguise, calling it.

Listen, I'm all for electric cars despite it's little flaws, but I REFUSE to be driven around in a self automated car, PERIOD.

If AI is going to fuck us over it will, If you regulate it will only embolden others to circumvent those regulations making things worse.

You know what the real danger is? Quantum Computing.

tesla is a fag and only queers drive elons

I really want to live in a Mad Max future where AI's will just have a god damn meltdown.

>Not wanting a world where a majority of people are driven by a computer and you're one of the few who still drives.

Believe me, I would LOVE that. Less dumbfucks who check on facebook while driving off the road. But my problem with this is that it may outlaw the people to drive cars on their own. Unless of course I start saving, buy a huge chunk of land, find an alternative to gas and ride the fuck out of my car on my land.

He's a capitalist that's entirely dependent on government funding since none of his businesses turn a profit yet. Though he's more of an ideologue than a businessman, he's only interested in pushing a technocratic agenda for the purpose of one day being the first man to nut all over some rockin' alien titties; A goal that I share with this man and intend to do everything in my power to beat him to it.

>Holy shit get a load of this fucking guy. I bet you are a shill in disguise, calling it.

Not really. I had the opportunity to buy a cheap Leaf with California incentives for my 100 mile commute about 4 years ago, but decided to buy a manual, RWD car from 1985 and used that instead. Now I'm in a 350 hp landbarge that gets 18 mpg.

>Listen, I'm all for electric cars despite it's little flaws, but I REFUSE to be driven around in a self automated car, PERIOD.

That's up to you. I'm not going to buy an automated car for similar, mostly irrational reasons (I find cruise control 2spooky), but I would bet good money that accident deaths would decrease sharply once autonomous cars become common. I trust computers to drive safely even with the odd hack or system failure over the majority of people.

>But my problem with this is that it may outlaw the people to drive cars on their own

That's not going to happen until you're dead, but there are always going to be automotive enthusiasts. Plus, what the hell do you think is going to happen with the billions of existing cars? They're not going anywhere, and you can't just force scrap them expecting the poorfags to buy autonomous cars.

>that picture
WTF

>Plus, what the hell do you think is going to happen with the billions of existing cars? They're not going anywhere, and you can't just force scrap them expecting the poorfags to buy autonomous cars.
Whew, what a relief. And makes sense too, I was going to bring this up but realized that this would be a retarded move.

Tesla is a bubble just waiting to burst.

>Tesla is worth $48 billion
>Ford is worth $45 billion

>Tesla's revenue last year was only $7 billion
>Ford's revenue last year was $151 billion

I like the cars, but I could never support Musk and actually but one of I had the means. His attitude coupled with his fans is a revolting combo to me. The scary part is that he seems to be winning with these things.

I am terrified of people who seem to be able to make their whims realities with droves of people lapping it up.

*buy
*if

>what is dumping literally everything into infrastructure

Autonomous cars cannot drive in snow for shit. They're not coming here any time soon.

>What does Veeky Forums think of Elon Musk and Tesla?
He made billions for himself by ripping off the taxpayers. His personal profits are charged to Tesla as if they were debits. Thus he gets his profits as part of the company's official expenses such as purchases of parts, payment of assembly line salaries, etc. So it's no wonder the company is losing money because Musk is yanking billions out of it as his personal profit.

Tesla is now too big to fail. So California will have to prop up Tesla with more taxpayer money while in the meantime, Musk keeps yanking huge amounts of money out to line his pockets.

businessinsider.com/tesla-stock-price-california-state-government-bailing-out-2017-7

Dumb kid. He's paying other people to do it.
Yes of course all three.

His followers are cancerous. Teslafags don't even like cars, they think ICE is evil and then trash any and every non-Tesla EV. Hope Tesla stocks crash.

Friendly reminder that his hyper loop project is a retarded idea that will never work and the very idea of a several thousand mile long vacuum with people inside is a moronic idea.

youtu.be/wQXqeWKY2Fc