How did this happen?

how did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/toyota-strafes-the-streets-of-willow-with-sienna-r-tuned-concept/
roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a24863/this-is-how-you-fire-up-the-insane-renault-espace-f1-van/
roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a4829/news-motorsports-simon-pagenaud-pikes-peak-honda-odyssey/
autoweek.com/article/car-reviews/toyota-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Link because OP is a certified fag: blog.caranddriver.com/toyota-strafes-the-streets-of-willow-with-sienna-r-tuned-concept/

still faster than gm's top end camaro

>heavy enough to produce enough downforce to take all corners at max speed

>GT86 slower than a minivan at the light AND the track

You can't make this shit up

Get that poser ass minivan racer out of here.

>Toyota tested both cars
Cool, now its time for an LFA vs Cruze with a few simple mods both cars will be tested by GM of course.

>it's an enthusiast car bro
>it's made for the track
>you clearly don't understand
>you have to mod it to make it go faster
You really can't make this shit up.

How will GM fangirls ever recover

Reminder that Veeky Forums would prefer an LS swapped Fiat Multipla over the 86 if it had good skidpad numbers.

Inb4 what's wrong with the Multipla

>not swapped to superior external combustion

. h676

g

lol, they are both Toyotas too

just goes to show how much cucks G 86 owners are

There's literally nothing wrong with the Multipla.
Prove me otherwise.

As a basic a to b utility car, you're correct.

hm i wonder who made that render

You like it, that should be enough.

>slower than a literal 2001 odyssey on a light
>slower than a fucking minivan on the track
frs cucks on literal suicide watch

rain prisk

Audibly kekked

>diesel fiat cuck

you and your opinions are objectively worthless

Automotive engineering and technology progresses forever, so new cars will always be a little better than old cars

>calling someone's opinions objectively worthless while posting objectively worthless Consumer Reports figures

Hahaha o fug.

>defending a """sports""" car slower than a minivan

Would you or would you not rather have an LS swapped Multipla?

All shitposting aside, how is this possible? It isn't designed for the track, it isn't designed for the drag, why is it able to post times like that and beat cars that were a clearly designed for the track and drag? I could bring up points like a Hellcat Charger is a family sedan that posts great drag times, but that car is a sports sedan, this van is literally made for bringing Mormon families to church and getting groceries.

via the article here "The secret sauce comes courtesy of Toyota’s Ann Arbor Technical Center and California-based DG-Spec, who equipped the Sienna with sticky tires, performance-oriented wheels, brakes capable of holding up under track duty, double-adjustable shocks with sportier springs, and the aforementioned limited-slip"

So - several dozen thousand dollars in suspension and drivetrain tuning in a stripped out car with race slicks is how.

>he thinks his minivan is a fast minivan

roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a24863/this-is-how-you-fire-up-the-insane-renault-espace-f1-van/

>race slicks
Source?

Literally in the fucking quote. Tires are everything for track performance.

I see sticky tires, that doesn't automatically denote race slicks

If my suspicions are right, the Camaro which Toyota brought to the track probably had factory tires, lol

>Yeah, these sure look like they have tread on them...

Maybe try actually looking at the article in question next time

Shadow still covers the tread on each tyre, not proof

Still gets btfo by a honda
roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a4829/news-motorsports-simon-pagenaud-pikes-peak-honda-odyssey/

>I'm not gonna acknowledge proof like a 5 year old
The absolute state of Veeky Forums.

>not proof

>image clearly shows treadless tires

user pls

Beaten by a fucking MINIVAN
you cannot make this shit up!

calm down, then see

how can FRS/BRZ/86 recover?

probably with a minute amount of suspension tuning and some race slicks

>still slower in a straight line
>no proof of faster lap time

>no proof of faster lap time
No proof of a slower lap time either shithead.

>the absolute state meme
Fuck off /sp/edditor
No, it clearly isn't clear

>No, it clearly isn't clear

user pls

>how did this happen?
Direct injection made the difference

Nigga, you need to PROVE an 86/BRZ/FRS could even compete with a minivan

you can't make shit up

or thousands of dollars thrown into the suspension, race tires, and a gutted interior

but I'm sure it was that additional 60hp and direct injection that made the difference. 100%

How about you prove a stock production minivan can compete with a stock production 86?

>inb4 the staged fake race against the Pacifica where the 86 magically took a whoppng 8.5 seconds to 60 instead of the normal 6.5.

that necessity is born entirely out of the misdirected anger and pent-up sexual frustration of bus-riding, basement dwelling bench racers

They used an automatic 86 too. Much slower than the manual.

>logical reasoning is the result of hormonal build up

lmao

That's why it took 8.5 seconds

>logical reasoning

>Nigga, you need to PROVE an 86/BRZ/FRS could even compete with a minivan
>you can't make shit up
what a time to be alive

and what a great time not to be a GT86 cuck.

>stock A is faster than stock B in line
>mod A is faster than stock B on track
>Therefore mod B is faster than mod A on track

this is not logical

Not even the autotragic takes 8.5 seconds

>stock A is faster than stock B in line
Can you like, I don't know, prove what you're claiming? I'd really like to see the minivan that's faster than the 86.

>inb4 the staged fake race against the Pacifica where the 86 magically took a whopping 8.5 seconds to 60 instead of the normal 6.5

>mod A is faster than stock B on track
Comparing very very heavily modded vs stock is pants on head retarded.

Im pretty sure the auto is 8.5

Im guessing they change the gearing? Im seeing two sets of time when searching

>disregarding the flawed logic
>using ad hominem

lmao

ich habe kein großes adjacent

Extensive modifications, sticky tires and one fuck of a skilled driver. That must of been one scary lap. The average person wouldn't be able to get remotely close to that time in that beast.

lol, try harder vape cuck

Changing tires, wheels, adding coilovers, and losing weight is not extensive. Everything else, meaning the drivetrain and rest of suspension, are stock.

Do the same to the 86 and see what happens....

>Portugal
wut

you left out the part where they gutted it, added a cage and replaced the brakes too
>the drivetrain and rest of suspension, are stock.
well except for the LSD they added right

They do.

not an argument

86 has LSD, cage was only to mount harness, and I mention it was stripped for weight.

the brakes are the only relevant in your post

The average person won't get close to any laptime

>not an argument

...this is literally the entirety of the argument

unless... are you arguing that modded A is faster than stock B? Is this surprising?

Isnt a brz in the SUPER GT?

FUCK YOU!

Why are you posting in a thread that is literally being spammed to the front page

not an argument

that is fact

Simple. Race-spec tires. Even a piece of shit can corner like a god if the tires are sticky enough.

coolest shit ever

No, a piece of shit will flip if the tires are sticky enough

>FRS/BRZ/86 cucks think facts are arguments
>FRS/BRZ/86 cucks think their arguments are fact

It shouldn't be surprising that toyobaru drivers have poor logic, they bought a car only based off looks and badge.

autoweek.com/article/car-reviews/toyota-
sienna-r-tuned-and-s-tuned-concepts-first-drive

>Speaking of the tires, DG uses wide 275/40R18 Nitto NT-01

a lot of cars will be fast with 100 treadwear tires. not much different than a guy that slaps track tires on his beater for track days.

Toyobaru drivers remind me of cafe cucks; buying a vehicle for looks as a fashion accessory, and pretending to be an enthusiast to make up for lack of presonality

There is nothing wrong with putting slicks on a beater

You hit the nail on the head. Unless you're tracking that Toyobaru on a weekly basis, you're just another fucking street racer poseur.

i didn't say there was. in fact i think it's hysterical watching big power cars getting caught in the corners by a shitbox. because i'm the guy in the shitbox.

>275/40R18 Nitto NT-01
jebus

>a lot of cars will be fast with 100 treadwear tires. not much different than a guy that slaps track tires on his beater for track days.
not to mention the suspension that probably cost close to 10k

I love Amy Rose

. wws

GT86_BTFO_once_again

I just ordered one. Never tracked in my life and don't know if that will change. We'll see though. But I do enjoy driving. I did buy the car for how it looks. I also bought it because it was a lightweight rwd car with good handling. Needed more practicality than the miata. I looked at mustangs and the like too but I liked the low center of gravity and seating position more in the BRZ. It's also fast for me. I've only driven slow cars so this will be quite a step up. In 5-10 years I'll get something more expensive with more hp and luxury.

Sucks I'm a poser though.