freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-14/rate/141368
wsgf.org/dr/legend-grimrock/en
tools.aggydaggy.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for godot

first for watch out for suspect demoday uploads

How come we had so many people shilling godot lately, did they hire a batch of marketers?

my demo is out

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-14/rate/141368

>tfw I haven't played a single demo from any of the demo days because of the non-zero chance they are a virus.

Will I hurt my company name if I ever participate in your demo days?

leave now

>your
fuck off whodev

Because I tried unity and wasted like half a year on trivial shit, while godot is a SMOOTH, FREE AND OUT NOW, GODOT (TM), it's in the game

It's just shitposters trying to incite engine war shitposting.

If you've never posted here before you shouldn't be participating in the first place.

But this is where reddit told me to come if I want feedback and exposure.

>this is where reddit told me to come if I want feedback and exposure
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

@175934975
(you)

Been shitposting here for weeks now

>i've been only actively making this thread worse and now i want to shill my game here

If you're that fucking russian from the discord, you're constantly running your company's good name through the muck.

repostan from the dead thread.

Isn't that what we all do?

Stat screens like this give me a huge boner. I'm liking it.

Chronospira
>You didn't flag your game as Windows so it can't be downloaded in the itch app
>I couldn't figure out the right key to push to start the game I had to try them all out
>dialogue menu is hard to navigate
>double jump feels hit-and-miss since you can only do a second jump just after the first one
>I died like 3 times thanks to the overly sensitive rolling as I was going down vines and such
>having to press Z to climb vines feels kinda clunky, I expected to be able to simply press up
>ESC doesn't quit the game

I like the physics except for the rolling, some clearer visual feedback for the weapon cooldown like a short rolling clock thing on top of the weapon sprite in the UI would be nice too since it's kinda annoying to spam shoot but the weapon doesn't shoot as often as I would expect.
The energy system is an interesting mechanic but I feel like it would lead to annoying situations where you are swarmed my enemies but you can't jump too much because it's tied to your health, so basically you lose your abilities when you need it the most.

Nitpicks aside, I liked the game and loved the art, especially the backgrounds.

Where can I get some nice color palettes like pic related?

You put them together yourself you lazy bastard.

some people here actually post okay looking progress and they are cool
nodevs who come here to give feedback or are at least actually funny are also cool

however, people who only come here to perpetuate the worst of the local memes like enginewars, artist without portfolio or jam faggotry and don't even have a game beyond "babby's first week in unity" or at all need to fuck off immediately

enjoy running that on anything except a space computer

Isn't it locked to 30fps anyway

Can someone post the compsci meme?

>chronospira
ok i'm picking a side in the engine wars, please don't use godot as my computer can't run it
they patched it
>This conversion was indeed a massive task to undertake: we worked through over 115 thousand lines of code the past several months in order to make this happen, manually changing timings of each object and enemy, fixing the dozens upon dozens of little problems that arose when changing frame timing, optimizing the game and testing the bits out of it internally.

OpenGL 2.1 is beyond legacy support, get a new PC m8.

What is your setup? does it crash? provide more details pls

devs who come to agdg for (You)s
I've been looking at this thread for 2 years and still don't know 99% of the games or care about them. I am certain most other anons are the same.

Expecting (You)s is one thing but if you consider that you're literally being ignored it might help you accept lack of (You)s more.

why?

What is /agdg/'s thoughts on targeting specific aspect ratios? For my current game I'm currently targeting 16:9 and 16:10, but 21:9 is a bit limiting as I have to worry about clipping much more.

tfw nowhere on Veeky Forums to post my video game animation

>nodevs who come here to give feedback or are at least actually funny are also cool
Fuck off nodev.

Ban evasion?

It's ok to target a specific aspect ratio but your game should be playable in any resolution, simply add black borders and stuff.

nope

i didn't break any rules, only shared my creation

Depends on the game, in a lot of cases I'd consider that unacceptable.

but then i would have no motivation to make game
dude i tried to install godot and i got the same message, i know what the problem is
because too many colours, too much stuff being redrawn

>konrad the rocket
i downloaded this because i was bored, your game feels awful and when i closed the window it did the same thing undertale does in that the application didn't shut down

16:9, it's what gamers want the most

-said nodev as he posted one of these unfunny memes on the more cancerous spectrum

reminder that if you are "funposting" during demoday you deserve no feedback or success
karma is a bitch

It's specifically for my dungeon crawler game. One option I've also thought about is a dynamic FOV that adjusts to aspect ratio, but I'll have to see how weird that'll look for 4:3 and 21:9.

If not, 4:3 will have less to see and 21:9 will have godlike seeing around corners abilities.

>mfw my dual monitors are 16:10 and 4:3
My game might not look right on 95% of monitors, but I have those down.

You can add an option to switch between black bars and clipping

You could check implementation for similar games
wsgf.org/dr/legend-grimrock/en

That little animation might help, as long as any important stuff fits in the 4:3 view then a wider FoV is fine.

>jam faggotry
explain

I don't think crazy FOV would give a player that bug of an advantage. And even if it does so what?

I am basing a ton of my design decisions based on Legend of Grimrock, one thing that screenshot doesn't show is that there is a ton of enemy clipping when they attack in 21:9.

One thing I'm specifically trying to replicate is pic related's tiny bit of corner tile peak at the bottom left and right of the screen.

My thing is if I support an aspect ratio I want to do it right and not half ass it. If it looks like shit, I don't want to support it until I can figure out a way of improving it.

>If not, 4:3 will have less to see and 21:9 will have godlike seeing around corners abilities.
Adjust the vertical FOV instead of the horizontal FOV?

How often do demo days happen? I only learned about this one too late to polish my project to publish but I'm definitely on track for this/next week.

They're infrequent, every few months.

Demo Days aren't meant to be an incentive to work on your project, they're meant to be a showcase of your game.

Every 2 months

Every two months, around the beginning of the month.

Thanks. I might even have real sprites by then.
Until then I guess I'll just continue shitposting programming until people literally beg me to stop.

>Demo Days aren't meant to be an incentive to work on your project

They're meant to be a showcase and get feedback.

Except I'm not a nodev, and what you said is something only a nodev would ever say. So again, fuck off nodev.

So my main character is 1/2 a meter and the first little area takes place in forested area in the trees. What are some enemies that are roughly half a meter or shorter in height that he could fight?

How do I into 3D modeling? I can barely make a barrel look good.

>not wanting feedback from absolutely everyone you can get feedback from
true mark of a nodev
i won't even ask you to prove yourself because i know you won't

>tfw fucking hate GM:S but every other 2D engine feels like a meme trap

Tree stumps

Seriously, Godot was a meme but it's getting better and better. It has a lot of really nice easy to use features.

Nope, they were created as a successor to ye olde recap monday

So, nobody updates this piece of a shit?

tools.aggydaggy.com/

it still have Demoday 12 in there

there's literally nothing wrong with traps

name 3 games of note made with godot

regular sized rats.

Goblins
Gnomes
Ents
Slimes
Wolves/Dogs
Ill tempered deer with sinister intent

Make a really good high poly/normal map and the rest won't matter.

So you've just come here to shitpost, huh? Why don't you make a game?

i can't run godot

don't use godot

name.

You're using a computer that was considered a toaster 8+ years ago. It's time to upgrade already.

What's good video playlist to learn animating in Unity? That's finished and simple enough for a retard to understand?

what kinds of people do you think play 2D games? what kinds of people do you think play undertale?

Why do you insist on engine war faggotry.
If you don't like Godot stop fucking posting about it. If you don't like Gamemaker stop fucking posting about it. Just make a game.

ha ha why would you install godot, that's the engine. I think you might be missing some drivers.

ONE
TWO
THREE

IT IS DONE, THE WORDS ARE SAID.
LEAVE US, DARK ONE.

>the engine a game was developed on is important to the executable file

JUST!

NAME!

THREE!

>ha ha why would you install godot, that's the engine
i tried to install godot a few weeks ago and got that message

i then tried to install this game today and got that message
what

of course the engine you use to make a game matters dumbass

dumb frogposter

if you have posted a frog even once you will NEVER make a game

would you mind sharing what the message is?

.exe has stopped working

what if my game is about a frog

GameMaker for successful developers that earn millions of dollars.

Unity for disappointing, half-assed developers that like pre-made assets.

UE4 for serious companies and nodevs.

Construct 2 for literally children and sell outs.

LÖVE for whom?

Godot purely for nodevs.

good job you just singlehandedly killed your career

Any engine is just a tool. The success or failure of the project lies on you

HAHAHA JOKES ON YOU FAGGOT
I NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO BEGIN WITH

Well, shit.

>still making excuses for being a nodev
I'm not sure how else to put this to you. You are the nodev. Fuck off.

Any games out there that render 3d scenes as pixel art?

Stop funposting during demo day and play the games you fucking faggots.