So when is the civillian version of this coming out like Hummer to Humvee?

So when is the civillian version of this coming out like Hummer to Humvee?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_XV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Never ;__;

When demand is high enough to be profitable.
Probably this.

Available now if you don't live in a cucked country.

You don't want to drive a MLTV. It drags ass, it handles like dog shit, it has less cabin space than a Miata, and it has more cabin noise than a space craft reentering the atmosphere.

Man, these are fucking ugly as hell. It isn't just ugly for the sake of function, that front end was obviously styled to be hideous. Not in an aggressive angry war-machine way either, its ugly the same way a bowl of vomit is.

thats an L-ATV not an M-ATV. Weighs about half as much.

when MRAP becomes a brand...

Oh wait it wont lol sorry pal

BPMVs are so much better, theyre much better and the insides are alot comfier. Also australian engirneering

Why in the fuck DOES EVERYTHING, EVEN MILITARY VEHICLES HAVE ANGRY FUCKING HEADLIGHTS?!

I'm fucking mad. This shit needs to stop.

rather get a SOTV-B

Would you be intimidated if twingo headlights rolled up to your village?

when will these be available to the public
>probably never

Tacoma with a body kit???

The lesser the intimidating the army vehicles of a country are, the lesser lives the country has taken away in the past.

I'm sure that if they had a civilian version coming, they'd fix all that because this ones having a shit ton of armor and bomb-proof plating on it making it so heavy and less-interesting while it comes to handling.

They are available, just that you probably can't afford it.

It'll be at least another good 10-20 years before surplus ex mil G wagens come out to the market but by then maintenance bill will be probably the same as it's civie luxury counterpart.

>Stop at light
>Make right turn
>Roll over into ditch
>Need military wrecker to pull it out

Enjoy rolling over into a ditch.

can you imagine having to patrol the streets of baghdad in these pieces of shit? or drive some IED littered highway

god bless america for real, i would hate to be in a world where canada would be the world force

>"does this look like the face of a rapist and a murderer?"
>"yes"

>16000lbs
Out of my way Miata faggots

Civilian who works for county service that operates LMTVs.

Military vehicles are shit. Its literally the guy who draws the short straw that has to take the LMTV out.

GMC HD pickup
>aux cable
>radio/speakers
>handles well
>can maintain 80mph even with 300 gallon water tank
>airconditioned
>4x4 system has electronic lockers and is small enough to get in and out of tight situations.
>reliable

LMTV
>no A.C.
>no speakers or radio
>loud as fuck
>pain in the ass to get into
>always gets stuck
>CTIS is a joke and always breaks down (known weak spot)
>unreliable as fuck
>not maneuverable, top heavy and I'm muddy terrain likes to sink in and tip
>55mph top speed
>handles like shit without a load as it disrupts shift patterns and handling.

This is one example or a "military" vehicle but they are always trash.

Wow that's really profound.

Less intimidating* are you serious?

What about Britain? The country has arguably taken the most lives in it's various forms. Land Rovers are rad, but they are by no means intimidating.

They're available in Europe.

someone pls post the pic of the one completely lowered

it's already here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_XV

the things that made the humvee good never transferred to the hummer.

Ex-mil G-wagens are a diamond dozen here in Europe. One of the cheapest ways to get into offroading.

iirc hummers didnt even have dual torsens, just shitty gov-lok rears and eaton electric fronts, right?

That's actually a negative, armies don't want overtly intimidating vehicles because it makes them look bad in the eyes of the locals, which prompts them to join insurgencies, rebels, etc.

>laughs in general dynamics

hummers were literally yukons with a body kit

>16000lbs
>when your greatest hazards DDing to work are load zoned bridges

This is now a Hawkei thread.
Inferior non-Australian vehicles need to leave.

>tfw saw an ex-military 6 wheel Land Rover Defender driving around.
was beautiful

>a diamond dozen

Don't you mean a dime a dozen Ricky?

is that based off the early 90's hilux. it got that look. or maybe some other 90's jap ute. interesting.

Never.

Hummer isn't the civilian Humvee. Its a company that managed to secure the rights to publish a civilian-like humvee.

GM managed to create jeep after WWII.

Wether or not someone can produce a civilian variant of it its not up to time.

Engineer who designs similar stuff here.

Any civilian version would be essentially the same thing as the original. The armour isn't bolted onto a tube chassis, it's a monocoque.

You wouldn't be able to make an un-armoured version without completely redesigning it.

THey gave birth to americans.

In that case, Ford must build this one.

inb4 3.5L EcoBoost V6

>You wouldn't be able to make an un-armoured version without completely redesigning it.
Obviously a company has t redesign it coz a normal civilian doesn't require the armor.

Its like you dont live in a nigger/mexican area.

>
The 2000 was better.

It's a suitable idiom for all intensive purposes.

Would you not?

Will they help with the war against EMUs?

This.

Ouch. Now I get it.

I live in a Mexican area and the worst they do is drive their aging Tahoes with 12 passangers 15 miles under the speed limit and wrap their 328is around trees while drunk.

>sale of military surplus to the public
Not since Clinton

autism. The Canadian army used the RG-31 in Afghanistan.

I see a few of these around, fucken expensive for the civilian spec though.

Their making a normal ute version of this - I think you can get them in here in New Zealand shortly - in line with Land Crusiers

The Hummer H1 is pretty damn close to the mil-spec Humvee thou...

Is that you David?

no its not

So it's Toyota minus reliability.

Sound like something DoD would commission.

only the second and third gen though. the original Hummer H1 was built by AM general

I see RĂ¡bas Driving around all the time, the coolest thing is the civilian ones still have the roof hatches so that you can poke your head out

Here's a civvie model