When did you get redpilled about the fact that getting rich is mostly luck?

When did you get redpilled about the fact that getting rich is mostly luck?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/richkidslondon/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4147428/Student-16-offered-5m-money-saving-website.html
instagram.com/richkidsuk1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do people really buy bs like that. Fucking, tigers, cars and over priced trinkets. Unless you're a multi billionaire making even more billions yearly and this stuff is pocket change to you. It's realy dumb "What did I tell you Tony! De flash won't last"

When I realized that the harder I worked the better my luck got.

Guess I'm just a lucky guy.

>that getting rich is mostly luck?

To a lazy unmotivated NEET, it seems like luck. But to those who put in the long hours, hard work and reap the rewards of success, its not "luck".

you are dumb. those trust fund kids get massive money by flashing their wealth on instagram, it's a never ending cycle of buying fancy things and having an awesome lifestyle while generating more wealth throught social media while you wagecuck. Insanely perfect.

>muh hard work
1950 wants his meme back

you are a poor wagecuck

Sounds like a terrible lifestyle

So what exactly is the message here?

Another angry rat kid, enjoy your poverty.

Yep, getting 4 figures per instagram post must suck.

>e-enjoy y-your p-poverty

Why does Veeky Forums always use those few trust fund kiddies on Instagram as the definition of rich?

It's just one guy with mental issues.

Just ignore his posts and he'll get bored and go to another board

>trust fund kiddies on Instagram

red pill me on this pl0x

Is this how you cope?

There's more and more good looking people making more than you wagecucks make by taking pictures while wearing sunglasses.

>inherit money
>show your fast cars hot girls lifestyle
>get tons of traffic
>generate even more money
>now your work is being rich
Dan Bilzerian took this to the next level. Now he can make 6 figures per instagram post if he wanted with all those millions of followers, but he doesn't need to advertise anything.

>can make 6 figures per instagram post
Who pays him?

anyone wanting to promote his product

so all those good looking people get paid to wear jeans, sunglasses, or even not even bother and take a pic of his dog while putting a link in the description

you also got all those NEETs that got big on jewtube transitioning into instagram and getting revenue there too by promoting videogames (this is the alternative for us subhumans that aren't good looking)

everything else is dogshit and slavery in 2017. only cucks don't realize this fact yet.

>t. autistic NEET who lost all his money on a memecoin

Look kid, if you get a job or start a business, you'll understand. While you are at the library, read a book instead of posting on Veeky Forums

And not Rich Dad Poor Dad lmao

Nope I'm perfectly fine working hard to be rich. I'm just saying you can't define rich people by what you see on instagram while that vast majority doesn't flaunt their wealth and rather stay anonymous.

Are you rich though? Didn't think so.

It is luck you retard. Those kids never worked a day in their lives and never will. They are the sons and daughters of oligarchs.

instagram.com/richkidslondon/

You are not going to get rich by working hard you god damn cuck. That's the point. You need that x factor, that quintessential luck to break even get rich.

Wagecucking for 60 years then being a bald old tired man about to get cancer as you make your first million after studying and working throught your prime and putting it all on grandpa tier stuff like a 401k and the dow is not getting god damn rich you boneless cuck.

>muh start a business meme

You have more chances going all in on bitcoin than starting yet another useless business destined to fail. At least you are doing something radical.

I already am and that's the result of 60 years of hard work, a tedious learning process, sensible decision making and a lot of trial and error.

Not a lot of luck in there.

>You have more chances going all in on bitcoin than starting yet another useless business destined to fail.

Gonna have to disagree there.

Starting a business is still probably the best way to become a billionaire. The real question is: is there room for any kind of startup that isn't tech related?

spelled networking wrong

Age and net worth?

>networking

How is being born to rich parents "networking"?

Jesus Christ some people are dumb.

>muh bitcoin

>business destined to fail

Thought so. My spectrum senses were tingling.

Look you pathetic beta fag, you didn't go to college, you don't have any work ethic, so you browse instagram all day, dreaming what an easy life you could have if you were born into wealth. Then you come on Veeky Forums and complain about how you weren't lucky enough to be born rich.

You don't know hard work doesn't get you rich because the only hard work you know is wanking until you shoot blanks.

You don't want to start a business because you are afraid of risk, you don't want to go to college because it is a waste of time to you.

I can't wait until you die poorer than you were born, all because you were on Veeky Forums all day waiting for inheritance money.

That's a good question. Anything not tech related has both massive startup cost AND high regulation.

About 28M give or take.

Congratulations. You made it.

Your post said 60 years of hard work though. Did you inherit the family business or something?

>60 years of hard work
So you are a grandpa browsing Veeky Forums

You need luck anyway. Case in point: How the fuck did this meme get a 5 million offer?
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4147428/Student-16-offered-5m-money-saving-website.html

This pajeet supposedly makes a shitty website and someone wants to buy it for 6 million

Some chink makes Flappy Bird and gets 5 figures a day on ad revenue

Some idiots make yet another "upload pics here you damn normies" and somehow gets viral

Some idiots makes yet another viral website (viralnova) and it gets tons of traffic

The list is endless. Shitty products getting tons of cash, meanwhile the rest of shitty products get nothing

REAL geniuses like John Carmack that actually come up with gamechangers are gifted, we are not.

What the fuck are you going to offer in a scenario where there is an unlimited cesspool of shit already?

Don't get me wrong, at least Flappy Bird was an addictive little game, but the thing is, there are a million other addictive little games out there. The determination of one going viral and making you rich comes down to god damn luck.

Nobody would have guessed that bitcoin would become the next financial revolution when it was worth peanuts. 99% of people would have never guessed a single bitcoin to reach 4 figures in their wildest dreams.

And so on.

Oh here we go. Another delusional trust fund babby with small millionare loans.

Yes it's a family business. And I know you will scream at me saying that it is only luck that I'm rich because I was born into it, but that's not the question here.

OP claimed the creation of wealth itself is merely the result of chance which is certainly not the case here.

>The list is endless. Shitty products getting tons of cash, meanwhile the rest of shitty products get nothing

I don't know if that's dumb luck or brilliant marketing. Probably a mix of the two.

It's true that I often look at websites and think "how the fuck is this so successful?" At the end of the day consumers are fickle and don't always choose the best products or websites.

Yeah these kids are working really hard...

instagram.com/richkidsuk1/

Yes, you were lucky to be born into wealth.

We are talking about getting rich in your lifetime. What's the point in any other case?
And by lifetime I mean while you are still young so you can actually enjoy life.

It all comes down to luck, as previously demonstrated.

Visit the actual website

www.weneed1.com

It's dogshit. What does it do that it's worth 5 million?

I actually have doubts the news are even real. Maybe they paid dailymail to report on it to get traffic on his site?

Then again, why would dailymail need to do that? they get millions of dollars uploading Kim Kardashian's latest bootty pictures.

What about the viralnova guy? that was fucking ridiculous.

There's just too much shit on the internet, and the real good stuff does not need any marketing, because its insanely rare (again, a guy like John Carmack was destined for success, he is a genius, we are peasants)

Yeah that's pretty fucking terrible. I can only assume that those investors saw what the website could become not what it is.

What's the story behind viralnova? I can understand why it's popular: every article is clickb8. Who writes them though?

You can get rich with wise short term investments.
So far the best bet is on the Iconomi coin. It is the Forex, it is the NASDAQ of cryptos.

started a startup, made a lot of money
did the same thing again, lost a lot of money
did the same thing again, made a lot of money
did the same thing again, lost a lot of money

i'm pretty sure it's mostly luck, other than doing unethical/immoral stuff.

>Who writes them though?
probably underpaid people, pajeets, who knows

Stop spamming that meme. You still failed to answer if you need to hold the ICN tokens platform to get dividends or not, because if yes, then it's already a failure since it's like asking people to hold their coins on exchanges (a recipe for dissaster). The point of crypto is to hold the private keys yourself.
I dont think you even know how ICN works.

4 startups? lets hear about that.

In any case, yes, getting rich is about stricking a couple of home runs in a row (or a huge single one like bitcoin back in 2009)

WHEN YOU WORKIN HARD THEN YO MONEY START EXPANDIN'!!!!

You're retarded, OP. Being BORN into wealth is luck, the rest is skill/hard work.

Pro tip: networking and building meaningful relationships that can be advantageous to you is part of working.

You fucking autist. Most hard working skillfull entepreneurs aren't rich. My dad has had his own business for years, he is skilled, he made a lot of money in the good ol days when people weren't as broke, he has a convertible and all that (which he bought when he was already bald and old so whats the point, you dont get to enjoy the full experience), but other than that he was always frugal, he has a couple properties, he owns another business as well, but never had a million in the bank, he still works hard at age 60, he is stressed all the fucking time because things don't go as planned in the real world. The passive income he gets from everything wouldn't be able to retire you and pay all the stuff comfortably, so he still needs to work. It's sad to see how someone works so hard while Mr Normie makes 5 figures playing Happy Wheels on youtube and opening CS:GO boxes and whatnot.

Being RICH means lucking out. Being rich means finding that X fucking factor, being at the right place doing the right thing, call it whatever you want. It is outside of your fucking control and it cannot be reached with skill/hardwork.

Being rich means by age 30 you found that something that retires you for life because you got enough money to live off interest/passive income from the shit you bought with your meme business that lucked out and went viral/your social media content crap, your coin investment that went to moon, your viral memeapp... (and again, actual geniuses like John Carmack that actually create and innovate don't count, those are the modern Einsteins)

It's all about breaking the time/money graph and in order to do that you need LUCK. Nobody wants to be old bald and tired to enjoy your retirement which still sucks ass compared to actual rich people.

Legit. Not being mad at not being a lucky money generating NEET via playing games/taking pictures/any other low effort hobbies = putting vaseline on your ass and taking a big black cock like a champ.

Just lol at being part of the bottom of this ponzi scheme. No incel worker bee for me.

You sound bluepilled as fuck.

>Is deluded enough to think that people get rich through hard work, when we see tons of poorfags working two jobs just to feed themselves while rich kids are born into money
>still clings on to the hope he will be able to be rich just by being yourself
>thinks OP is "blue pilled" for pointing out an honest reality

I'm not the one claiming the only way to get rich is to be the beneficiary of a supernatural force. Everything else you said is just you projecting.

>gold bentley
I guess money can't buy taste

It aint tho...

Busting my ass and up to $300 a month passive income.

I get to 3k ima quit my job and work part time for cash while growing to at least 10k per month. Live off 5. Reinvest 5.

Give myself a percentage raise yearly based off of performance to stay motivated.

Luck isn't a "supernatural force". It's just random chance.

Were you born into a rich family? Congratulations. You never have to work.

Were you born into poverty? Enjoy working like a dog your whole life just to make ends meet.

The notion that hard work = financial wealth is the bluepill my friend. And you've taken it in the form of a suppository.

Dropshipping?

You're focused too much on the concept of luck and are missing the point that winning the genetic lottery isn't the only way to get rich.

We are not talking about winning the genetic lottery. It has been explained through this thread:

Luck is not necessarly looking like David Gandy, or being gifted for a certain sport, or being gifted to be the next John Carmack.

All those normies in Youtube making millions, had luck.

All those neets making sites and apps going viral as fuck, had luck.

99% of people that bought into Bitcoin were too stupid to see how revolutionary it was initially, most people that held for years did so because they even forgot they had them: had luck.

List goes on.

You can work as hard as you want, but to break even in the time/money variable you need LUCK.

Im not saying "do nothing, lay down and rot".

Im saying, all odds are against you, hard work in the classic sense is not going to make you rich. Wagecucking and saving and putting it into grandpa stocks as you are a frugalcuck is not going to make you rich.

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU GET RICH. THIS IS HOW YOU HAVE SAVINGS WHEN YOU ARE OLD AS FUCK.

Tell us more. You seem very convinced that you can scale up whatever you are doing.

>be me
>have smart uncle with patent to oil recovery system
>uncle dies
>feelsbadman
>leaves patent rights to dad and me
>get call from interested parties with resources to make patent into reality
>license patent to dude
>collect 15% on costs of multimillion dollar plant because uncle invented it
>collect perpetual royalties
>overnight millionaire
>feelsgoodman

My only question is do I have to become a Jew now?

ITT:
>OP trolls Veeky Forums by saying getting rich is luck
>Veeky Forums whines that you can get rich by hard work
>no one admits that intelligence is the primary determinative of wealth

Why? Because you're all dummies, obviously.

being born intelligent is also just luck.

Naw, unapplied intelligence is unutilized intelligence. In order to turn a facile brain into a wealth machine, it need to be feed, nurtured, and exercised.

But if you do use your brain, the dollars flow like rain. Society values smart people, a lot more than they value hard workers. There are lots of hard working garbage men, gardeners, and programmers. None of them are rich.

>None of them are rich.
if you believe that, you're not one of the smart ones.

The counter example used was the genetic lottery, so that's what I responded with.

You seem hung up on the idea that hard work alone doesn't make you rich. You're right, it doesn't. However, that's not really the point. There are ways to get rich, and none of it is about luck. It's about knowing your business, owning the product of your own labor, and owning capital. Very few people get rich by just falling in to it. It's all about being able to take advantage of opportunities, and using wealth to build more wealth. Similarly, maintaining wealth is also a skill, else you end up losing the family fortune or having your financial handlers ripping you off.

Cool story brah. Enjoy your life as a garbage man, gardener, or programmer. Be sure to let know how the riches are rolling in.

>maintaining wealth is also a skill
it's actually the bigger problem.

most people that get rich won't stay rich.

almost all wealthy people own businesses. Some of those businesses include gardening, programming, and garbage collection.

actually most of them are in unskilled services you look down on. And that's fine, it's part of the IQ test you speak of. If you can't imagine a gardener making millions of dollars you're not that smart.

>not asking for 25 - 40%
C U C K

>most people that get rich won't stay rich.

Things poor people say to themselves as they cry themselves to sleep. Let's stick with "Poorfags Speak" for $800, Alex.

>Things poor people say to themselves as they cry themselves to sleep.
the average millionaire in the US has 3.5 bankruptcies behind them.

about 3% of US residents will be in the top 1% of wealth at some point in their life. If you can do 5th grade math you should see this means most rich people don't stay rich.

>the average millionaire in the US has 3.5 bankruptcies behind them.
#FakeNews
>about 3% of US residents will be in the top 1% of wealth at some point in their life. If you can do 5th grade math you should see this means most rich people don't stay rich
#SomeoneDoesntKnowHowStatisticsWork

>#SomeoneDoesntKnowHowStatisticsWork
explain it to me then, dipshit.

how is it in your magical universe 3% of people can be in the top 1% without some of them falling from the top 1% at some point?

in what magical Disney fantasyland do you live where getting rich is an automatic guarantee you'll STAY rich? Do you suck your own toes and drool at the dinner table?

Are you a fucking retard?

>be 60 years old
>I am finally a millionaire after wageslaving my whole life!
>spends it all in a hospital bill and dies

Being triggered isn't an argument. You splurg as stupidly as you post. Enjoy poverty, dummy.

>no explanation.

that's what I thought. You're retarded. Now we both know it.

Says the guy so cripplingly jealous of successful people that he ties to convince himself that they won't stay successful.

Son, whatever helps you sleep. But seriously, wtf.

Clearly people are talking about different levels of rich.

To get Porsche in the driveway rich, hard work (and time) is really all you need. I suppose a minimal amount of luck to not have an IQ of 80 or something too but really just become a doctor and you're richer than 95% of people.

But to get Gulfstream in the hanger rich, you need luck. Hard work is most definitely required too (excluding trust fund babies), but at some point you also need to catch a break or three. Maybe its just a right place right time situation you can capitalize on.

With Pepecash luck isnt a factor anymore.

WTF did you expect?

Startups= high risk/high reward

I.e. Peter Thiel's power law

>at some point you also need to catch a break or three.
these people make their own luck by rolling the dice more often than others. Going back to the millionaires have an average of 3.5 bankruptcies behind them.

you don't fail that many times without trying that many times. Persistence is a good substitute for luck.

Here is how I would break it down. First things first, let's assume you aren't unusually lucky and following personal conditions are met:

1. Good upbringing, in the sense that you weren't raised in serious poverty or turmoil.
2. Reasonably intelligent (IQ of 115+ or so).
3. No other major issues (mental/physical illness, some serious negative event etc) which would prevent you from being successful.

If those three things apply to you, then "upper middle class" tier wealth is attainable if you don't do anything retarded with your money, work moderately hard (by this I mean standard 40 hour weeks etc) and pick a career which isn't impractical (struggling artist etc).
"Merely rich" tier wealth is attainable if you make good financial decisions, work hard (60 hour weeks in your youth, good grades, advanced degree, retire at 65+ etc) and pick a high prestige career field such as law, finance, medicine, tech, consulting etc.
"Really rich" is attainable if you make great financial decisions, work extremely hard (consistent sucsess from a young age, superb grades/ECs, 70+ hour weeks for long stretches of your career etc) and sacrifice your entire personal/professional life to getting as rich as possible, as opposed to happiness or personal fulfillment.

If you want to break into higher tiers (100m+), some degree of unusual luck is required. Wagecucking will only get you so far, and most intelligent, hardworking people who go the entrepreneur route end up somewhere in those three tiers I previously mentioned.

I would like to add my own opinion; it is entirely possible to steadily work your way up to high 'merely rich' class, without luck. Its just that it takes discipline and patience, which most Americans lack. Even if you make 30k a year, a comfortable life is not unattainable so long as one puts in the time and energy to learn the ins and outs of investing.

I don't understand why some of you are so angry because of rich kids and people that make a lot of money through instagram.

They're just a new breed of celebrities, sure they make a lot of money doing no work, but such is life. Celebrities always made a lot of money and always will, they're modern days royalty.

I'm fine with what I earn and that's alright, sure I'm a wageslave and I wish my life would be better, but that's just the hardship of life.

Thinking about it, a lot of celebrities get cought in the drug lifestyle. At least I learned how to value things in life and try to be happy with the little I have, I learned how to be happy with my waifu (pic related). There is a reason why the ultra rich want to control the world, it's not because they're inherently evil, but because money can't buy happiness forever.

If hard work had anything to do with success then most people would be billionaires. Ofcourse, even the most common, getting promoted and climbing at a corporate ladder is mostly luck. That you happen to hit the company that does well 30 years straight and your boss happen to like you more than the others. Just an example.

You do not get rich by being a wageslave, period.

You can enjoy a middle class life that way but you will never be rich working for someone else unless you're a partner in a law firm or something.

To get rich you have to either

a) start a successful business
b) have a decent amount of capital and get lucky with investments
c) win the lottery
d) inherit millions from a wealthy relative

This is why people claim that getting rich is down to luck because you cannot get rich by simply "working hard" at a 9-5 job. You have to take risks.

When was 13

So their parents got rich, that is not luck you fucking retard, that's family.

I dont have kids I dont have any responsibilities and I got a free degree (albeit in a shitty major) for free thanks to being poor. I only want enough money to do some international travel and lead a comfortable life. Why jump through hoops to make money you'll never get to experience?

You still need the genes to be intelligent you coping cuck.

It's luck, otherwise you would be rich already following your step by step method to get rich.

Cope. Any retard can stay rich from their big inheritances, specially nowadays when you get paid to be flashy via social media ad revenue. Just fucking lol at being a wagecuck in 2017.

Legit. You either get raped by taxes in europe, or you get raped by bills in US.

You can't win if you aren't legit rich.

>roll the dice more times
>win more times
So luck,

Yeah, by being a wagecuck slavecuck frugalcuck for 65 years. Then you can finally spend your million on hospital bills.

>Celebrities always made a lot of money and always will, they're modern days royalty.

Indeed, and you are modern days slave, you low T estrogenic spineless coping pale aspie.

Legit. Bluepilled wagecucks make me sick.

You can't choose to be born into a wealthy family. It's pure luck.

>1 post
>2 mentions of "cope"
>6 mentions of "cuck"
Cope more, cuck.

A real man creates his own luck

>Any retard can stay rich from their big inheritances,
I'm talking about the ones that get rich on their own, moron. Learn to read.

They get rich by taking risks with a business they own. They get poor exactly the same way.

could they avoid it? sure, just pick a point and sell the business. That never happens though because they don't know if it will keep going up so they hold. And when it goes down they don't want to sell it when it's down. So they go broke in exactly the same way the got rich. Usually over and over. They'll be broke and then rich and then broke cyclically several times in their lives. It's how things work.

Veeky Forums doesn't understand this because Veeky Forums is not rich and has never been.

You know what I find funny?

That centuries ago all those fancy revolutionaries slaughtered the aristocrats to be freed from slavery, only to create a society with even more ridiculously wealthy aristocrats and (wage)slavery en masse.

Hey, it's this informative thread again!

>you'll never be rich, cope, wagecuck
I am rich
>Nuh uh, if you were, you'd be whoring yourself on Instagram, and I don't see you there
I'm not into that shit
>Everyone rich does it liar, LARP some more wagie
Okay then

If you can't afford to retire right now and live a life of luxury until the end of your days then you are not rich.

Wagecucks are delusional. If you cannot afford not to work then you are poor.

>f you can't afford to retire right now
I'm already retired, so yeah, I can afford not to work.

uh, no, they don't get much from instagram and not enough to support their lifestyles, its daddy's money through and through. Once their parents die they'll drink or snort themselves to an early grave. I guess I'm supposed to envy them but I don't, it sounds boring.

Right now, OP

Even though I'm already in the top 5% of my country as far as salary goes and have a comfy job

Time to learn investment

this makes me ree eternally and I partly don't know why. it's like a primal urge to ree

what?

cope

The only way to win is to get rich (aka lucky)

Take big risks or do criminal shit and dont get caught.

LARP

> go on IRC
> invent new cryptosystems
> get hired to invent cryptosystems, drop out of PhD to do it
> demand six figures, all your computers, cell phone, etc comped
> demand to work from home, set own hours, but also travel a lot, give public speeches, etc
> company lets you do it cuz you can do all this crypto magic
> live in a LCOL area of the US
> save 60-70% of your take-home pay by travelling on the company dime and living cheaply
> retire in 8 years

> go on Veeky Forums and be told that it's impossible to get rich doing this

>> invent new cryptosystems
you lost me here