How can any other trucks compete against superior japanese engineering

How can any other trucks compete against superior japanese engineering.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gxK3vFNyYxQ
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine actually being stupid enough to actually buy one of these.

The new Ridgeline is pretty nice, almost won truck of the year.

besides being on a minivan chassis are we twisting the definition of truck as long as it has a bed?

>almost won cuck of the year.

>just a reminder that domestic trucks can survive 1 million miles with it's original gas engines while Jap manufactured trucks can

>>just a reminder that domestic trucks can survive 1 million miles with it's original gas engines

Yeah we know

New Ridgeline trim

Finally the Toyota shill said something good about domestic trucks for once. It wasn't THAT hard, was it?

Aesthetics aside, don't they have overall good ratings?

they're the trucks that people actually need

not the one they actually want.

Not him but I'm huge Toyota and Subaru fanboi and even I know the only Japanese truck that can even remotely compete with the Americans, is the Tundra. And that's only because Toyota had so much experience with offroading.

Pickups are the one area that American's really lead in.

Although Subaru should bring back the Best/Baja. But that's a Ute not a real pickup.

But I understand Honda's motivation with these trucks. It's meant to satisfy the people who want a pickup truck but don't want to be known as the "the guy with a pickup". It's weird design doesn't make it look like a true pickup and they obvious prioritized cabin space over bed space. It's like all these fucking crossovers. None of the enthusiasts want them but the normies seem to like them.

Yeah, they hold their value really well

Imagine actually being stupid not understanding the market it's pointed at.

The average pick up truck buyer isn't very intelligent, otherwise they would have gotten something else

Fuck it's supposed to be Brat/Baja. Dumb autocorrect

By having a cargo bed that's larger than a lunchbox

>How can any other trucks compete against superior japanese engineering.
simple. By not falling apart

So only fleet trucks?

DELETE THIS

These are the pickup trucks that fullfill the requirements towards pickup trucks of 80% of private pickup truck owners (inb4 some retard arguing muh work trucks even though I said PRIVATE).

The problem is that people know that these are the pickup trucks that fullfill the requirements towards pickup trucks of 80% of private pickup truck owners, -but- pickup truck owners want to appear like they're part of the other 20% of pickup truck owners, -so- they're not going to buy them.

Hahahahahahahaah I shit myself.

Fuck off with your gay shit.

If you check the reviews for Ridgeline on Youtube, you can see a small amount of people who are the owners of the current gen Ridgeline stating the same words all over again which are
"Perfect daily driver!"
"Perfect for my daily needs!"
"I switched from a Tacoma to a more sensible option"
"It's comfortable for a truck!"
etc many more.

To me, I would only buy one if I have the need to haul small loads or have a small business that needs one because it gives so much more value, comfort and fuel economy than most other mid-size trucks.

no

Ouch, the second post is meant for

Absolutely. Most truck buyers just want the look and feel from it, not necessarily to haul load. I don't blame these buyers. If they are happy with their purchase, cool. But then complaining about rough ride, shit fuel economy when you don't use it at all for hauling and you are just commuting is just stupid. In my opinion, Honda made a truck that's actually more than enough for these buyers. A sensible buy. I may seem like a PR guy speaking all this up, because I read a lot of vehicle articles, watch reviews, etc.

Longest bed of any midsize crew cab actually, the second gen at least. First gen still has a bed roughly as long as the competition.

The usual review I see for these says that they are more for the average Joe. I currently own a 1500 Silverado (2005), and it's been good so far. This may be the next truck, looking to downsize.

>non american trucks

gross

Wait for the new Ford Ranger to come out imo.

Though I may wait a year or so for the new models to go down in price, I like the look those ones more

Just saw the pictures and price for the new Ranger. Looks pretty nice.

Ford, Toyota, Chevy jealous cucks all up in this thread, ya'll jealous Honda is king.

I'm excited for small trucks to come back.
I just want smaller vehicles in general to come back.

>they obvious prioritized cabin space over bed space

Like all modern trucks?

From the looks of it, most of the new models will be only asking 30,000 at most, and more than likely 25,000 or less

looks like a tacoma lol
no point in breaking something that sells though

trucks are fucking dumb for 90% of folks

i have a tacoma and im fucking sick of it

cant wait to get something different, riding around with an empty bed is fucking retarded

>riding around with an empty bed is fucking retarded

That's why you always keep your dirt bike in the back. Do you even bro?

I'll just leave this here.

>he fell for the truck meme

Should've bought a two-door SUV.

wait for North America to not get diesel options

wait for it to be literally a port-over of the Ford Explorer

wait for it to be fuckhueg and pigfat and generic in performance and reliability like it was when it stopped being made in North America

can't wait bro, mediocrity is my thing

>he doesnt have a camper shell or a nice tonneau cover

Peasant.

I fucking hate stancefags

lol butthurt chevy fag detected

>doesn't understand that flex is important for offroading

kek get a load of this newfag

is there a video of this?

>my dad has bought a 2006, 2011, and 2017 Honda Ridgeline
He really likes them

youtube.com/watch?v=gxK3vFNyYxQ

It's lame that they made AWD an option on the new ones. My parents had a 2007 Ridgeline and it still runs great. My sister now drives it with 266,000km, only issue is a bit of rust near the rear wheels (due to nerf bars letting salt/snow build up there in the winter).

They're great trucks for their intended audience. They don't compete with a full-size V8 obviously, but for 90% of people they'd be a great alternative to a piece of shit American truck.

But then, most truck owners buy their vehicles because they have small dicks and are easily sold on Jewish marketing schemes (pic related).

How old were you the first time you walked in on Chad with your mom?

My mom and dad have been married for 27 years. Keep projecting though.

by not being driven exclusively by cucks and lesbians

>mallcrawler truckfag has no vocabulary beyond "cucks"
Typical

nothing triggers the 17 year old truckfags on this board like a Ridgeline thread, it's solid gold

What's it's max towing and hauling capacities?