Nioh General

Used goods edition.

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Previous thread -

The pvp in this fucking game.

fucking confusion

how does soul matching discount gear work?
do you have it equipped for it to kick in or does it only activate when used as a material?
I assume the latter, but I just want to make sure before I sell all my +1-9 items with the effect.
I can't verify at the moment since I need higher stats for some of the armors.

Is Jishi the best guardian spirit if I'm running 2kat with Lightning?

Are you able to get the wooden odachi text from the dojo mission?

I use him with the innate lighting 2kat and its a really nice setup. I just wish his beam attack was easier to hit with. I hope they buff this attack so it comes out faster.

>Odachi living weapon

this is hilariously op

how is possible >50% infinite nin?

inherit in whole gear?

Ye, along with having it in an accessory or two

Speaking of which

>inherit attack +20 to some pieces
>reset familiarity to 0 since i soul matched those pieces to level 170+
>the inheritable bonus is now 22 and at max senpai its 37 attack instead of 35

wut

Magic is straight up busted in pvp. Can break their guard, land a grapple and land another ball. They cant do shit.

maybe the gear with +20 had lower level

What is looking to be a good odachi build? I need my power gaming fix.

I dunno if this works but

didn't realize I was posting in the dead thread.

do science, its taking awhile to experiment with it

also the only thing that gives an odachi some bonuses is the rikishi set, good fuck getting those pieces in green though

What the hell this is new. Any other reskins?

Ugliest weapon in the game imo.

This pvp is so fucking bad it's almost surreal. I've done nothing but get bodied by higher level geared people over and over again while doing the equivalent of chip damage to them. Now I'm currently stuck in a 2 vs 2 match waiting on a 4th that is never coming. Been waiting for over 15 minutes and the game gives you no option to drop out of the match.

>and the game gives you no option to drop out of the match.

Use the branch fragment to teleport out.

>Hands of the Dragon
>Can't kill Date first because focusing on him makes Shigenaga go super pussy mode and start spamming projectiles
>Can't kill Shigenaga because the second his ki hits 0 Date goes fucking ballistic and starts spamming wide arcing attacks that deal massive damage and are nearly impossible to interrupt
>On top of that they both recover from having their guard broken extremely fast, it only takes them about 1 second
>Bitch nigga litters the entire map with caltrops meaning I spend 90% of the fight slowed
>Also tries to paralyze me
>The second my health gets low and I back off to heal he just starts chucking bomb after bomb hoping to chip me to death
Fuck this fight, I've had enough. I dealt with all the double boss encounters in the game up to this point, but this is beyond frustrating. Respecced into Onmyo just for this fight so I could bully these faggots to death, fuck them and their "honor".

Just figured that out. Thank god. I don't know how anyone is enjoying this unless they were already max level before it came out.

Can we all agree the update is fucking shit?

Only way to enjoy it is by out cheesing the other fucker. I went full magic and spam that shit. I also made a back damage and final blow build to 1 shot. If I try to play fairly I get chewed. There is no happy middle here unless we organize an event and only play with wooden weapons and default stats.

Parry axefag first and try to take him out quickly.

Kind of yeah. The new region still looks samey to all the others, I personally did not like the Odachi, PVP is a mess and they added very few new enemies. I only enjoyed the new bosses, fashion and guardians.

>The new region still looks samey
what the fuck do you want from sengoku era japan?

This 100%. Theres no point in complaining about how everything looks given the era the game takes place in

Niggas should play their shitter souls if they want their grimdark castles

The weapon of choice for black women

Is something wrong with the fucking server again? I can't get matches going. At least in 2 on 2. Either not enough people show up for long periods of time and now I tried doing a search instead and I'm stuck at an infinite loading screen.

what

just daiba cheese them you shitter

I hope the next DLC weapon is another odachi but 3 times as long.

>naginata

>mfw they will add every weapon from the era with DLCs and the sequel will have no new weapons

>he thinks the DLC isn't the sequel

too bad ginchiyo is probably dead by the DLC's time

ginchiyo is cute!

In the sequel we will play as Williams cute blonde daughter. She is also 11 years old.

>rerolling sucks dick
>killed all builds
>more fucking range enemies
>more double boss cancer
>instead of slot which made more builds viable you only abuse spirit now
>dont add any meaningfull end game content
>did not address any problem the main game had
>just add 1 more difficult which is cancer as fuck

dunno fucking wasted potential this update.

Just found out that Fuku still has her hat on even with headgear turned off. This bothers me more than it should.

>sloth apologist
Opinion discarded.

So is Willy ageless or something? A decade after the main game and he has no grey hair or anything. Isn't he in his 40's now?

Probably stopped ageing at some point thanks to his Spirit.

All the 2v2 I've done today is kusarigama spin to win with kato amd I'm just the odd one out with 1kat and aya

I also just realized Tome didn't grow up either, but that can be written off since she's not really important to the story.

Muramasa isn't dead either and Hanzo still looks young

yasuke is supposed to be long dead by the time you fight him. m-maybe she is still alive.

>JUST

>play as muneshiggy
>partner in 2v2 is ginchiyo

IM SO HAPPY

Ii is dead as well, same with Honda

If it weren't for ninjitsu and Onmyo the bathhouse would make a pretty baller pvp arena.

and real william should've already been or is going to be married to a nip girl soon but..

>he doesn't use a fall damage build all the time
You look like such a fool right now.

Real William died 1620 and should be marrying a Jap girl soon

>use the shockwave talisman
>do pulses near the other player
>drain his stamina in seconds

kek

The bath house is the area that keeps on giving

Is Maria available for transforming?

No but she probably will be eventually.

I'll list off the ones that I think are new, but I could be wrong.
Sword:Suijingiri Kanemitsu, Furiwakegami Hiromitsu
Dual swords: Dual bloodstained hatchets, Shokudaikiri Mitsutada and Shinogito Shiro, Daihannya Nagamitsu and Kannagiri
Spear: Vermillion spear, Great Halberd of Hihiragi
Axe: Tatewari axe
Kusarigama: Hooked Kusarigama, Nokizaru Kusarigama

Having about ~40% elemental damage reduction and ~90% elemental damage reduction while guarding seems like a requirement in pvp

or you can just evade them

For the low price of 200k glory.

Doable but difficult with double cast speed and PVP being so laggy. I have been spamming magic for an hour now with 15 consecutive victories.

crashing waves or KEKoo's call for guard square on midstance odachi?

Only sometimes possible due to lag. Unfortunately attackers have the advantage in that if they hit you on their screen, it counts regardless of if it misses on your screen or not.

They're both shit

New gun reskin with tiger fur covering all of it. New bow too I think.

Can you put different armor on the female skins?
Very important question

Nope.

They're just like the regular skins, so no.

No they always look the same like all other skins.

All this time spent suffering with this dumpster fire PvP, for nothing
Oh well

I went to the omi region by accident, am I retarded or I can't leave this place unless I do the England final mission again?

press square?

Oh I see thanks, I haven't played since I finished it.

How come Ginchiyo skin is so expensive? Do I need to finish the DLC to get fuku or something?

>No weapon that lets you hold your weeb sword backwards like Saika

my cosplay is ruined

complete way of the onmyo vetetan gor fuku

mitsunari is a nigger

has anyone mastered the weapon switch attack? it seems like it could be pretty good

I got Okatsu and then really dragged my ass to get Fuku. I can't do anymore. Calling it at that. The pvp is just so fucking bad I can't stand it.

I'm at 50k glory and aiming for Okatsu but I'm temlted for Tomoe so I can see her run around in her black tabi socks

>Saika cosplay

Would a mostly ranged build be viable? Using his guardian spirit and set with the proper affixes would it be possible to get nearly unlimited ammo? I feel like that could be pretty fun in PVP.

Yay onimusha 5 was so much fun only kind of sad you can't turn into an oni anymore and there's a bit of a plot hole cause mistunari died in 4 but he's back again and not a giant bug

I am just going to struggle to save 100,000 glory for a possible Yuki skin in DLC2. This is cancer with all the spin to win faggots. I hope they add ice magic.

onimusha is trash and you have no taste if you like it

How much time has passed between base game and dlc?

10 years

Fighting Maria with a slow weapon ia really hard.

maybe you're just shit at the game

I feel like I'm never going to catch up. I'm level 200-210 can't remember exactly and I've beaten all the base game on both difficulties but I haven't even beat all of the last updates misalons. Now there is a whole new difficulty plus even more missions and shit later on I think I might just have to stick to Way of the Samurai.

Is there a list of what skills you can get on each piece of gear?

yes

If we could choose our partner in 2v2 I could probably carry you to the skins easy. I've probably amassed over a million glory now.

Is it possible to pvp with a friend and farm glory off each other? This spin to win is driving me mad

It's possible and it's decent, people even do it in PvP.

i saw some faggots using living wepong as soon as it finish it so doble living weapong it was the fire bird i think , literally how

just set up a password and you are set

So is this update yay or nay?

I got season pass so don't care at this point but I had my Critical Attack Living weapon build and hear that shit is over

What's the next broken meta?