/stsg/ - Starsector General

Fuck Mora

Previous thread: 175861469

>What?
Starsector is a 2D single-player open-world RPG space combat exploration economic game thing, basically Mount & Blade but in space.
Outdated but still relevant introduction video:
youtube.com/watch?v=UTCpVY80Bpc

>Where?
Official site:
fractalsoftworks.com
Official forums:
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php#1

>Current version
0.8aRC19

>List of popular mods
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

>My game keeps crashing help
Make sure you have Java 7 installed (not Java 8)
??? suggestions

>The performance is really bad what do I do?
Other than allocating more memory for the game to use, there isn't much you can do.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726

Other urls found in this thread:

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10578.0
dropbox.com/s/tbmyalv9es6h8f6/Extra System.rar?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh neat we have a non empty op for once

>Previous thread: 175861469
I knew I fucked something up

Are high res sensors a buyable hull mod?

If they aren't, what can I do to make them a buyable hull mod? I want to have some sensor pickets so I'm not flying blind everywhere.

GIVE BLACKROCK OR ELSE

THIS.

BLACKROCK NOW NOW NOW

Does higher rep with Independents improve the prices from the high end seller on Prism ?

Can I use Diable Avionics with any other weapon or ship mods?

yes but it voids your warranty

just out of tutorial
should I?

>Eagle
Ehhhh depends on what fighters you have(if any), unless you know what you're doing then it's ez

If you're just starting out then it's probably not worth it.

If you've played the game a lot before and this is just a new-game, fucking do it.

ye

Fuck, son, that poor pirate.

Bootleg Extra System for SS 0.8a.

Enable Ship Upgrades

Original author: Truth Originem

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10578.0

The author is MIA, who the hell knows when he will be back. I simply recompiled the src to run on 0.8.

dropbox.com/s/tbmyalv9es6h8f6/Extra System.rar?dl=0

Custom Changes:

001 Fighter Upgrade unlocked.

002 Mobility increases burn by a factor of 1. IE Normal will give +1 Burn.

003 Added costs to fighters.

004 Recomplied for SS 0.8a. Fighter codes no longer is called and left as is.

There's no warranty if you crash on your machine.

How do I disable ECM? It's fucking retarded and another stupid idea Alex shoehorns in

It's brutally overpowered, isn't it. A whopping great -20% to all enemy weapon range just because the AI will rarely have that skill and will never field multiple ships with ECM packages.

-15% unless you go for the command point skill which is a waste

I can't even tell what it's designed to do, seems to be there "just because"

The blog post says it meant to encourage players to field more ships instead of soloing fleets with their main ship waifu of choice.

Player would field more ships if the AI were not incompetent as fuck as allies/enemies imo.

>using Diable ships
>too early in game
>have one cruiser, one destroyer, and a combat-freighter with some wanzers
>literally can't kill any fucking frigate ever
Battles are dragging out forever because all of these ships are so fucking slow, have weapons that are so fucking slow and inaccurate and have horribly useless missiles that run out of fuel halfway towards their target.

Diable better start getting good real fucking soon or I'm dropping this mod and waiting for BLACKROCK

Next station refit I'm shoving safety overrides up the ass of every one of these ships.

>some dude doing karate
>a mexican suger skull
>some retarded looking necklace pendant for hipsters
>some dude squatting down to take a shit
>another dude squatting even further down to take a shit
>a fatass's stomach and smoker lungs
It's shit.

desu I think everything in this game is too short-ranged and slow

but editing everything to move 1.5x - 2x faster or 1.5x - 2x more range sounds tedious.

Just use cheatengine and speedhack x2.

the faster you make it the easier you make it

Onslaught is mah waifu

there is any torrent?

I thought no markets were big enough for the Astral?

how

Fuckinb tri-jews

Wtf. I managed to get fighter upgrades to work.

>Otohime

>not only jews but W E E B S

based waifucores

You faggots don't even know the meaning of ship superiority.

Shut up approchan

post your fleet nerd

and truth originem doesn't even know the meaning of updating his mod

even the perseans have astral?

Why can't I get this shitty game to work? Every time I press "Play Starsector" my screen goes black for a couple seconds then an error comes up saying "Fatal: null Check starsector.log for more info."

then check the starsector log and tell us

Okay here's MY GUIDE

>download starsector_install-0.8a-RC19
>download starfarer_obj

>install starsector with installer
>double click on starsector
>put random bullshit into the activation code
>click activate, wont work but you need to do it
>replace starfarer_obf in starsector directory with crack starfarer_obf

there, done, should work, no problems

>adding mods crashes me

allocate RAM
>how
download java jre79 NOT jre80
drag and drop the java jre7 folder into the directory, delete original jre and rename jre7 to jre

you may have to go to settings.json and change allowflashversionany whatever it is to TRUE

now change vmparams whatever

what do i do i cant find anymore stations for my drovers to rape ;_;

Do stations respawn or does killing one permanently reduce the amount of content in the world?

cs.rin.ru/forum bro

what wrong with jre80?

How what? The market thing is fixed and has already been said to be fixed. Stop being a retard.
>buy all ships in market
>resell them
>wait
>oh look an astral

>tfw no 0.8.1

The only thing I haven't seen yet from the Perseans are Paragons. When I took a commission they had everything I needed, access to all the tech and markets for surplus supplies and fuel. Completely worth the hostilities which were easy to fix anyway.

do we have a REMOVE LUDD copypasta yet and if not, why

there's nothing wrong with luddite faith or their followers

>warranty
Is this some meme I'm unaware of? Is it a dev meme?

Permanently, in vanilla. You'll run out of things to buy before you run out of sites to salvage.

Is surveying planets worth all the shit I need to bring along and use?

Invest in the skill to reduce the things you need to bring

stick survey crap on your logistics ships that never see combat

Lol.

They drop colonies on people.

Not really sure how to progress or what to do, I've got like 900,000 credits from just going around surveying shit and doing scans
Do I just buy bigass ships now and try to take on armies of people?

yes

AWACS SHIP WHEN

I am so goddamn tired of running around the entire system slowing to a crawl just to find some random pod or something

A ship that expands your sensor profile massively but also raises your range and is useful as an ECCM/ECM ship in combat would be tops, thank you.

Diable Avionics Derecho?

Haven't seen anyone have a dedicated ECM Destroyer like them.

Lynx

is the astral the rarest capital still? why did it not used to show up in markets when paragon is clearly larger

I've found some success with Diable ships using safety overrides, with Glauxs and Bucharels mounted on Versants and Vapors. Gotta go fast.

>was running silent to sneak up on battlestation
>destroy it
>go home to tri tach space to turn in cores
>forgot transponder was shut off
>jew police show up
>blah blah blah scans cargo
>OH HO HO LOOK AT THESE 15 GAMMA CORES
>BETTER GIVE THEM TO ME GOOD GOY
>not a cuck so refuse
>battle this retard's tiny fleet because mine is too large to just run
>-157 rep because i shit on his chest
>turn in cores
>back up to 6 rep
>still chased out of the system
NPC interactions really need fleshed out. My rep basically says I'm part of tri tach, but their shit patrol still comes after me like a common smuggler with no way of threatening him or telling him to fuck off. What's the point with having high rep with the military base director if I still get pulled over for having my lights off?

I've spent over a month of in-game time looking for one fucking derelict for a survey and I still can't find it. This prospector fleet won't fuck off either and keeps messing with my radar scans.

it's make sense once you reach cooperative that you become immune to needing transponder and searches other then extreme black market suspicion since your supposed to know higher ups

I would say yes, but only if you have a commission. So that you can't just farm rep with core everywhere and do whatever you want.

have you noticed that factions tend to never go to peace anymore?

I spend nearly all my time in the fringes so I didn't, but that is possible: I read on the forum that there was some weird shit going on with warring factions.

it's really annoying if you have a commission, I've yet to see a faction make peace yet, it's like all the relation events are off

What's the premise of this game anymore?
Wasn't it that the whole core had a fucked up economy? Then why can factions afford to pay up retarded amounts for bounties and surveys?

Why isn't everyone a scout then?

Well we can assume this will be fixed in 0.8.1. And if it doesn't, well SS+ might take care of it?

Speaking of SS+, it updated a little while ago.

what all did ss+ do again?

Doesn't seem to work for me, keep getting

Fatal: Index: 0, Size: 0

when it crashes while loading.

there are quite a few scavenger npcs out there, few people go out there since it's dangerous as fuck I would think regarding running out of fuel and remnants

Some balance changes, crew salaries, larger bounty fleets, vengeance fleet pursuing you if you really piss off someone...
Also your officers level up faster in frigates and destroyers than in Cruisers but have a (small) chance of dying in combat.

so nothing of substance

It adds some flavor and usually fixes some issues left around between patches (like the infamous one that made some ships not follow any order in 0.7.2)

Long time ago, a united human race called the Dominon came to this sector and began collapsing and terraforming the worlds when suddenly the gates that kept everyone connected over long distances went dark for no reason which splintered everyone trapped into several factions. There was a bunch of wars fought over the use of AI which eventually let to all the AIs to be abandoned in the outer reaches. Right now it's a fragile truce compared to the massive war so the factions are paying you a shit ton of money to find new worlds to expand to while maintaining their military to hold the truce.

I swear the game spawns more pirates on iron-man mode

No, but it spawns more for pirated version :)

I wish it would do even more. Finding real fights is much harder than it has any right to be.

You're kidding. You're kidding, right?
SS+ is worth it for the vengeance fleets alone.

don't fall for the industry meme
don't buy ships from markets
don't take any commissions
enjoy your hardmode

you need to stop saying "industry meme" when you mean surveying

surveying is tedious and damages the flow of the game too. it really is a meme.

yes but there's a lot more to industry than just surveying

it will also no doubt play a much bigger part once you can actually conquer worlds

Surveying is more of a placeholder than a meme.
Hopefully it will be eventually serve a more fun purpose than a money fountain, when Alex gets round to filling in the bits. So a couple of years?

If skipping the earlygame of killing 500 wolves under bounty with my wolf is damaging the flow of the game, then the flow of the game can go fuck itself. I hate the earlygame, and that's not really going to change until we have more starting options, including other starting locations with different regional pirates.

>implying the game even has a flow
It's fuckall balanced

nope they took all the good stuff and split it into multiple mods leaving ss+ with nothing good

1. Collect qts
2. Fap to qts
3. Back to 1

Reduced maintenance costs, free repairs, mitigating D mods, more loot.
Industry would still be totally worth it even if surveying and salvaging vanished entirely.

I want start with a beat up destroyer because I loathe flying frigates, but apparently that's "too hard" and "ruins the game".
It really doesn't and lets me skip the bit I hate.

Nope. SS+ handles the vengeance fleets, which are good even without any of the extra ships and guns.
Granted, tha's p. much all it does now.

the most fun part of the game is when you get a couple of destroyers and fuck up small fleets imo. you can get to that point with a few missions. surveying probes/ships/stations doesn't require putting points into industry. capital ships aren't fun to pilot because SLOW

What ship has the highest fighter wing/deploy cost
I want to swarm hard

where the fuck is the scanning target?
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

If the missions doesn't specifically say that it's "orbiting a barren world" or something, then I think that mission is bugged and the target doesn't exist. I've had that happen.

just like m&b