What's this bar frame thing on the cars nose called?

What's this bar frame thing on the cars nose called?

Also are there any recommended roof racks and trays?

Never understood roof racks as a fashion accessory

Depends if it's functional or not.

If you'll never use it and it's purely for looks, then you're a faggot just the same as any other ricer.

The frame in the furthest sense resembles what's generally known as a bull bar, nudge bar or push bar, though it seems custom manufactured (and fairly useless if it's attached to the radiator it's meant to protect). Most of them more closely resemble a loop or hook. Police car push bars look different still. If the bar also includes looped tubes to protect the headlights it becomes a brush guard.

The plate attachment at the bottom is (or at least mimicks since it's not clear how far it actually reaches under the engine) a skid plate meant to protect the underside of the engine from contact with rocks below.

is it gay to get a bull bar onto he front of your car? I really like the look.

I have a WRX btw

it's called a light bar. Google rally innovations.

Yeeee, Gravel Express!
Faggot, of course its gay, carry on getting one.

nudge bar

Get a real bar

t. ute muster and B&S enthusiast

I always thought it was meant to push stuck cars without cracking your bumper

seeing utes with these always makes me chuckle.

Pretty sure it's not attached to the radiator

It clearly has attachments at the top, and there's no frame structure in that place, so what is it attached to? The radiator? The bumper? Are these retarded nonfunctional mods exemplary for subarufags?

>no frame structure

nigga what

there's a federally-mandated chunk of aluminum right there normally and it's probably been replaced like so.

It can be used for pushing cars yes, but it can also be useful in a collision so you don't damage your own vehicle, and it distributes the force of your vehicle evenly across the other persons bumper which minimizes the risk of a crack, and/or dent. It's also used for good ol' pushing things out of the way in certain situations for Police, like getting away from or ramming into something.

Once I get my Hellcat, I want to put one on the front and the rear. It looks mad cool, plus it serves a good purpose

-5-10mpg

yes it's that bag

It is if you don't actually need one.

>bull bar
>rear wing spoiler
>no ground clearance

How would it take that car from 20mpg to 15 or 10mpg? That's insane.

Every car I've bought with a roof rack had the paint fucked up in some way. I don't trust them.

a shitty memebar

The fuck
I have a yakima load warrior which has one of the least aerodynamic designs on it and I can still get 30 mpg on the highway with my '03 wrx even when in carrying my bike or other gear

>aftermarket crash bar
The OEM one is a giant aluminum box on the front. No car has a crash bar like that from the factory to put a bullbar on

>drops MPG by 1-3 which is painful in a WRX
>wind noise is fucking loud and obnoxious even with ones that claim to be "aerodynamic" and "quiet"
>makes you look like a tryhard hipster faggot adventure cunt

I'll just buy a topper box on if I need to carry more shit than my car can handle.

t-WRX cuck

Unless you're hitting liberals with it, there's no point.